Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shave the Legs?

I shaved a portion on both my legs about 10 years ago. You know those areas remain bare to this day . ??? So-be careful
    what you do without permission of some sort unless you are fine with living alone. (win battle-lose war)

hey it's only hair, go ahead, it's your body, she'll get over it, trust me i did. You deserve to do what you want with your body, not like you are mistreating her, or doing something illegal. Don't be so harsh with yourself.

Make no mistake, people notice, they are just to polite to say anything.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

There is more to this story, but we just shaved my legs for the first time back in early July. Even my 18 year old son hasn't said anything. My massage therapist saw my PURPLE TOES last weekend and didn't say a word.

I think people notice at some level, but they really don't care. How can removing body hair be offensive? It doesn't mean anything.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    I shaved a portion on both my legs about 10 years ago. You know those areas remain bare to this day . ??? So-be careful
    what you do without permission of some sort unless you are fine with living alone. (win battle-lose war)
    I'm going to say that I bet this is a rare case. Everyone on my swim team in high school shaved down every year. I don't ever remember anyone saying that it never grew back. I wish that would happen to me. That would rock! It would save me so much time and money. However, like I said before, I think you are a rare case.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Marie yeah it will grow back in 2 weeks if you share with a shaving cream and not a hair removal cream or if you do not use some method to pull out your hair with the roots. now it depends on how long your hair is because i probably imagine since it will be your first time i will not grow back as much as you have at the moment

I can't imagine why a wife who accepts crossdressing would worry about shaving. I wonder why?

It has been a gradual process for my spouse and myself. We gradually started removing other areas of body hair together, I am not real hairy anyway which helped. So shaving my legs was not much of a stetch, and yes it wonderful being smooth. My wife eventually had some areas Laser removed but I prefer just shaving.

Good luck.

First of all, I wouldn't go against what my SO 's wishes were. Should you opt to shave your legs against her suggestion, then you are letting yourself in for a much bigger deal then you think!!!! I would comply with what she said and shave them when you return home. BTW, when you do shave them, moisturize them and slip into a REALLY sheer pair of nylons-----the feeling(s) are exquisite!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    There seems to be contrasting views on this. Some say "It's your body, do what you want" and others say "Don't go against your wife's wishes".

At the top of my list of priorities is to keep my family together. This isn't to say that I will compromise on everything or deprive myself of anything. It means that, if I want to do something, it has to align with that goal.

Having said that, I am going to talk with my wife soon. Just once, I would like to look in the mirror and see a woman looking back at me. That means makeup, shaved legs and everything. Whether I do it when she can see and help (if she wants) or not is the question. It will be an interesting discussion on the limits of her acceptance and the boundaries of my hobby.

I've been shaving my leggs for about a year and I love the way my leggs feel nice and smooth. this week I let my hair grow and on about the third day I couldn't stand it any longer so today, I got the razor out and shaved my leggs. boy do I feel much better. I don't think I'll ever let my leg hair again.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    The best solution to that is to either wax your legs or epilate.

I've been epilating my whole body year-round for over 2 years now.
    Question Leslie ... how do you epilate your back? My fingers and back haven't seen each other for quite a few years.

Michelle (Oz)

Quote Originally Posted by Annie D View Post
    Once you shave your legs you won't stand it once the hair starts growing out again. After a couple of days you will be so uncomfortable that you will shave them again plus the feeling of shaved legs is ever so nice. Walking around with stubble is not too bad but when your legs rub against one another in bed, it is most irritating. Imagine if you shave them and then rub your legs against your wife's smooth legs how irritating it will be for her. Save her the irritation and once you shave them, keep them smooth.
    and once you have your legs smooth look in the mirror and keep going with the razor

Quote Originally Posted by Momarie View Post
    Make no mistake, people notice, they are just to polite to say anything.
    This is so true. I notice every time. Not sure if it is cause my husband is part time CDer or because a man with smooth legs is so noticeable, (I am fairly certain I always noticed before too) but either way I never mention it to the person. It would be rude.

Anyway in my own experience with my hubby, if you shave you will never want to stop, and if your wife is uncomfortable with it, as I am, it will always be an issue.
    "These little earthquakes, here they go again.
    These little earth quakes, doesn't take much to rip us into pieces..." Tori Amos

Quote Originally Posted by mellissawi View Post
    \She may actually like your smooth legs next to hers. I have been shaving mine now since the beginning of summer and no one even noticed or at least said anything about it.
    Sorry but unless she is attracted to women, I doubt this will be the case.
    What I mean is she is probably attracted to some of your male attributes, and not too many G's are sexually attracted to their husbands in dress. Shaving brings the dressing into your every day life, almost as if you were someone who dresses 24/7.
    And trust me, if she said she doesn't want you to shave, she will notice any difference in hair length. 2 weeks isn't long enough to grow back to normal length. If you have mentioned shaving and she did not seem to keen about it, then later she notices your leg hair much shorter it may seem like you are trimming it down instead of growing it back.
    Last edited by Marie GG; 08-10-2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: clarification
    These little earth quakes, doesn't take much to rip us into pieces..." Tori Amos

Quote Originally Posted by Marie GG View Post
    What I mean is she is probably attracted to some of your male attributes, and not too many G's are sexually attracted to their husbands in dress. .
    At some point in a marriage, "sexually attracted to" is more about love and less about looks. I do agree that if one partner in a marriage has strong objections to the other partner doing something, it's best not to just go ahead and do it anyway without discussing it and reaching a compromise.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Marie GG, Thanks for sharing. This is why having GGs on this site is important..

This is so true. I notice every time. Not sure if it is cause my husband is part time CDer or because a man with smooth legs is so noticeable, (I am fairly certain I always noticed before too) but either way I never mention it to the person. It would be rude.

Anyway in my own experience with my hubby, if you shave you will never want to stop, and if your wife is uncomfortable with it, as I am, it will always be an issue.

Ultimately it's just body hair and you'd "let" him shave it though?
    Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for our GG members but it is his body.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    if you are out wearing shorts, try getting a good tan on your legs and the lack of hair doesn't seem to be as noticeable

Men do vary widely in hairiness, and people who don't know you can't tell whether you've shaved or just didn't have much hair there to begin with. So if it's only the general public you're concerned about, you might as well shave.

LMFAO! Who appointed you the chief spokeswoman for all women? You going to tell every single wife/girlfriend/significant other of every single biker, swimmer, weightlifter, gym fanatic, runner, etc that they're all lesbians?
    “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”

Mary Anne Radmacher

Better perhaps not to underestimate the potential for an adverse impact on your relationship. Male facial and body hair are sometimes viewed as integral aspects of our masculinity - it is not fair that it should be so, but nature does not have to be fair. Some partners may not object, but for others it may be the start of a slippery slope and not something to be taken lightly.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    At some point in a marriage, "sexually attracted to" is more about love and less about looks. I do agree that if one partner in a marriage has strong objections to the other partner doing something, it's best not to just go ahead and do it anyway without discussing it and reaching a compromise.
    My husband and I have been together for 10 years now and you are right, love has a lot to do with attraction now, we both don't look how we looked when we first met, but I still find him physically attractive and hope he thinks the same of me. I do think that it still is important to make an effort to look attractive to your spouse. For example I stay home with our baby. Most days I don't leave the house, but I still take a shower, do my hair, put on make up and wear real clothes. I could go round in pjs or sweats all day but I don't because I want to look attractive for my hubby.

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    Ultimately it's just body hair and you'd "let" him shave it though?
    Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for our GG members but it is his body.
    This phrase always cracks me up. "It's just body hair, what's the big deal?" If it really isn't a big deal why the need to shave it? Always wondered this.

There really is no let about it. Ultimately it is his body and he can do what he wants.
    But I'll tell you this, if I come to bed and see a smooth leg hanging out of the covers I am way less likely to feel like fooling around at that particular moment than if it wasn't shaved. Don't misread me. I'm not saying I with-hold sex because of shaving but it certainly doesn't get me in the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    LMFAO! Who appointed you the chief spokeswoman for all women? You going to tell every single wife/girlfriend/significant other of every single biker, swimmer, weightlifter, gym fanatic, runner, etc that they're all lesbians?
    Did you read all of my statement?
    It was a response to the person who said "She may actually like your smooth legs next to hers" Sorry but this sounds like some CD fantasy. example: "She said she doesn't like the idea of shaved legs, but if I just do it, who knows maybe she'll love how it feels!"

I never said that ALL GG's aren't attracted to their husband in dress. I said most. Take a poll see how many GG's are turned on by it.
    Either way I'll rephrase it for you specifically.
    This GG is not turned on by smooth legs next to hers and if the original poster's wife has stated a displeasure with the idea of her husband's legs all smooth then there is a probability that she also will not like the feel of his smooth legs next to hers.

Also if I were married to Michael Phelps I still wouldn't be turned on by smooth legs and would prefer them with hair. I don't believe too many of those spouses of bike riders, swimmers, weigh lifters ect... would say "Oh I just love his smooth legs on mine!" But who knows maybe they all love it. Don't really care.
    They shave for a different reason and you know it.
    As I said before shaving brings the CDing into every day life. If your SO isn't a full time cross dresser and they don't shave you then aren't reminded of it every time you see their legs, but if they are shaved it is always there. Some times it's nice to not be reminded 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by larry View Post
    Marie GG, Thanks for sharing. This is why having GGs on this site is important..
    Thanks Larry! I know some people don't thinks so but I appreciate the support
    Last edited by Marie GG; 08-10-2012 at 10:56 PM.

This phrase always cracks me up. "It's just body hair, what's the big deal?" If it really isn't a big deal why the need to shave it? Always wondered this.
    Easy, it looks and feels disgusting.
    In fact, I would wager that there is a huge amount of men out there only keeping their body hair because as men they "have" to.

*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    Easy, it looks and feels disgusting.
    In fact, I would wager that there is a huge amount of men out there only keeping their body hair because as men they "have" to.

*shrug*
    We'll have to agree to disagree then. I like a guy with body hair. It is nice to run your fingers through. Wrong opinion for this crowd I suppose.

I like a hairy masculine man, I find it very sexy.

What I don't like is laying my cheek on sharp nasty stubble on his chest, it feels disgusting.

I miss twirling and playing with the soft hair on his chest while we cuddle and whisper in the dark.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]