Thread: Mistaken for a girl, maybe not much of a mistake!!

Mistaken for a girl, maybe not much of a mistake!!

I was riding my mountain bike on a trail today and met a group coming toward me. One of the guys told the kids to "look out for the lady on the bike". I am small for a guy, pretty much hairless and was wearing a tank top, biking shorts and a helmet. I wasn't really crossdressed. This is the third time this has happened when I was riding. One time a guy mistook me for a girl I know and I even stopped and talked with him and he called me by her name when I left. Another time I was standing beside my bike and a guy and young boy came by and the boy said "are you a boy or a girl?" Anyway it always makes my day. Anyone else have an experience like this while riding a bike? Hugs Riki

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I'll settle for a similar experience, with or without a bike

A nice occurrence though......and being petite helps,...plus I'm assuming an element of youth too, what with Mountain Biking!

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Sometimes mistakes are easy to accept! Gotta' love it! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikidee View Post
    ..... young boy came by and the boy said "are you a boy or a girl?" Anyway it always makes my day....
    That would really make my day as well~!!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    Not on a bike......but I deliver peoples shopping....the other day 2 kids came from the house and looked into the van and said "Oh its a woman" .. its happened a few times..I,ve put it down to my hair....but I tuck my hair into a cap...best was about 2 weeks ago with 2 little dots no more than 2 years old & one said "are you a mummy or a daddy"...cute

Gold Member
    You are a lucky one; That would never happen to me.
    Pattie is not a description for me, just the opposite.
    Rader

Once in walmart a little boy asked if i was a guy to his brother. i thought it was humorous. A lady yesterday was looking for her son as he was playing with my kids. She intoduced herself to my wife and me. As she walked up the steps to front porch she kinda of took a double take when she looked at me. She didn't make any faces but did seem kinda of confused as my hair was kinda in a bob style yesterdayand as usual womans tank and woman shorts.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

I often get called mam even when in male clothes.I do tend to ,put my pony tail in high like a woman would do and always wear small drop earings.My wife always reckons I could pass.Havnt tried it yet.

wow that would be awesome, not since i was a kid was i mistaken for a girl....

I wish! It happened once when I was 18 - a long time ago! - I was in a cafe with my girlfriend with my back to the door. My hair was long and I had an Afghan coat on (showing my age!)... this guy came over and started his chat up line... sat down with us and then noticed my moustache! Apologies ensued, but I thought it was great! I passed from the back view!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I have when I'm jogging. Helps I have my long hair in a pretty ponytail! Love those moments. I just wear guys clothing, but get the look I learned long ago of people thinking "Is that a girl or a guy?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rikidee View Post
    young boy came by and the boy said "are you a boy or a girl?"
    The answer to that question is always 'Yes'.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

You always have to beware of young boys and girls, they have good radar.
    When I was younger and my 98 pound weakling body was always mistaken for a girl.
    I was blonde and had a Mia Farrow haircut.
    Put a pair of capris and a jumper on and and I was part of a girl group without even trying.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Well, it sounds like you have the physical attributes. Must be fun to be so petite!

Banned Read only
    For those blessed with a more female form than male, I envy you. I guess I passed through that form a long time ago when I was six foot one and passing through 140 pounds, 150 pounds, 175 pounds, 185 pounds, etc. You got the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by glynnis View Post
    I often get called mam even when in male clothes.I do tend to ,put my pony tail in high like a woman would do and always wear small drop earings.My wife always reckons I could pass.Havnt tried it yet.
    Like Glynnis it occasionally happens to me while in male mode, especially when my hair is long enough for a pony tail. I also tend to wear women's tank tops, have both ears priced and have nail polish on both my feet and hands. However, it does not last long as the moment they take a close look at my face the realizes their mistake.

Richelle