Thread: Going Out With The Gait

Going Out With The Gait

Arthur has set into my bones, and the old age gait is probably too apparent for me to be going out. However, even young crossdressers still walk like a man. I used to think I had it down pat, and would spend hours after work shopping en femme on business trips and not think to much about. I devoured the sites that tutored the well heeled TG to walk like a lady. That was twenty years ago though.

How aware are you girls that overcoming the male ape-walk is a handicap when walking in public?

Banned Read only
    Before commenting I had to get up and walk across the floor toward the mirror. I think I still have it-walk slowly, not in a rush and do not swing the arms. When I do muster the courage to take a walk in the evening I make sure I walk slower than in male mode by carrying something. Usually I carry a small grocery bag in the crook of my arm and hold my hands together. That seems to slow the pace and not swing the arms. I think for walking for long durations wearing a nice pair of flats makes it easier. As a model for walking I like to watch Vanna White turn the letters on Wheel of Fortune. It gives me a fairly good idea how to speed it up or slow it down. She is also remarkable for a woman fifty-five years old. Love her dresses also!

Something happens on the way to en femme. All the grunting needed to stand up in drab disappears and movements are more fluid and easier. To test that, try squatting in a pair of heels and then stand straight up. No noise! Wonder what happens? Is lipstick an anti-aging compound?

I don't really think about it Hon, just do it. I read a very informative article about this once by Alison Liang. Walk from the hips, one foot in front of the other and all of that and went with it. What also helped me was moving my booty by dancing. I automatically fail to femme walking mode when en femme, it's programmed in.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member
    This is one of those areas I think that we get in our mind too much. There are a myriad of ways women walk. We would do well getting rid of things that are very masculine, but we sure don't have to be getting that excessive sway in our hips. I don't know of one lady in my family that does that.

Having gone out twice now, for whatever reason I have to report that I REALLY noticed my man-walk when I was out and about. I don't know if I was just seeing it through other people's eyes... But, damn.

Miriam
    I may not have the most attention-grabbing swing to my hips, but I don't think I want to grab attention when dressed en femme anyway - just pass through unnoticed. Watch the ladies in a casual or office environment (not a club or restaurant) and you'lt notice that many spend much of their day walking little differently than we do as men. They may walk a bit more slowly, but that's easily emulated - and a necessity if wearing heels. Some even stomp along like the worst of the guys.

Relax, slow down, and just enjoy the walk. You'll do fine.

Miriam

I never really own the male ape walk, so it wasn't a handi-cap to me! Now walking with one leg I may call that my handi-cap! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

One of the members of our group has the same issues (hips in her case) and since she dresses her age and wears a grayish wig she just looks like an older lady. We were at the movies one night and waiting for her to return some unused tickets. There was a group of kids staring and taking pictures of us as she walked past them listening to their comments and they never even noticed her.
    Sometimes it's a good thing.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I guess I am a guy so it will never really go away.... I can make ajustments, but it will be a dude with a softer stride.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

It is sad to see a new CD who has spent the time to get a good presentation and then walks like Popeye! I try my best and I think my walk is pretty good. My main problem is that my neck and shoulder area is very stiff when I move. I think I need to do a little dance therapy to improve my flexablilty.
    Sally

I really don't give it much thought, just put one foot in front of the other, and let the caboose swing free!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.