Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What IF you could "pass" easily?

First let me sat that I absolutely agree with Bobbie Brooks who chose to ensure her turn signal was on when passing (an remember you can't exceed the speed limit.)

But as for going out enfemme my thoughts wander to getting over passing and having the confidence to go out as Teri. I figure once one is confident that they can go anywhere as they please with higher probability that others will accept you as normal. Heck I have people give me stange looks just as my normal drab self (mmmm I wonder if that is an issue?)
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I would love to dress, but I don't think I would pass! It's just my build. I really need to work on it! I would dearly love to dress and go out!!!!!!

IF I COULD "PASS" EASILY I WOULD BECOME THE WOMAN THAT LIVES INSIDE ME 24/7!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I'm with Molly on that. People really don't give a sh*t when you pass over virtually anything to do with transitioning if you truly "pass." My life would be SO much easier, and probably happier.

Now, mind you, what I call "pass" is not what most people here consider it to be. My bar is extremely high, not just having someone not bother you on the street. Even Andrej Pejic barely "passes" in my eyes. That requires even surgery for a lot of people, especially if you don't transition at age 12 and suppress all testosterone from ever running in your veins.
    Last edited by Sophie_C; 06-19-2012 at 08:05 AM.

If I passed easily, I would certainly be out and about at every chance I got. I do enjoy dressing at home as it is though
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    Absolutely, probially all the time, women are just so much more attractive than a man and the beautiful, sexy clothes they wear, imagine going out and looking and feeling that good!

I would go from 30 percent of the time to 60% at least.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    I know I can't pass...its not humility, its simple reality. However, if the stars, the lighting and my own efforts are all properly aligned, I can blend in reasonably well. But, even when conditions are less than perfect, I'm very happy to get out in my own neighborhood, shop at the local stores and enjoy coffee at the local Starbucks. I do care how I look...its not that I don't. But I don't feel uncomfortable with people knowing that I'm a transgendered person. And it seems that most people recognize that and are quite understanding - perhaps sympathetic to that poor fool walking around dressed like a woman.

But to answer the question...if I could pass, then I'd probably live pretty much as I do now. I'm probably 70% full time and out to the neighborhood, so maybe I'd go 100%
    Last edited by kimdl93; 06-19-2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: afterthought

If I could pass easily I would be out there pretty much every day! I wish!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I really don't think it would make much difference, it's really about how you feel about yourself not so much the way you look...to a point!

I would be a quarterback, hockey player, or basketball player! Really, I would go out in public often. As it is, I am passable only about 50 yards away. So, i seldom go out.

I could not pass. Even with the drunkest of beer goggles.

I try hard to blend. I think I do even though I am 6'3 and up in years.
    I wear flats and and try not to look obvious. The weird thing is that
    when I shop most woman wear pants. No fun in pants. So I may
    not blend as much as I think, lol.

Currently it wouldn't make any difference. I'm retired and no longer go out of state on business trips. Those two week trips were the times that I used to mingle with the crowd, downtown, and at the malls. Never did anyone pay attention, and I would check by watching their reflection in windows and other shiny surfaces. IMO, I was passing, and while not a knock out, still looked better than the average mall walking female.

Sadly, those days are gone. Cycle to today, and I've started fresh from a several years long purge. This time it's different, and I'm much more conservative. No Premarin or Sandrena, Spiro, and progesterone. My ticker is too messed up and my SO doesnt need the extra burden. Neither does she need to be saddled with Teresa venturing out and getting busted by someone she knows -- even if I passed perfectly. Well maybe. EDIT: But only with my SO's help. Stay at home is ok.
    Last edited by TeresaL; 06-19-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Currently i am in no way passable, but i often think that if i was all the simple things i would do like shopping, going out to dinner and just enjoy more being dressed. I know i would dress a lot more and pay much more attention to the way i look.

I go out often and with no life threatening consequences - so as far as I am concerned , I pass, if I have to talk I do it softly (dosen't work) Oh well It's me and I am fine with that................Debra

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    For me it's not about others, it's about Tina being comfortable about who she is. The pics don't tell but a small percentage of the story. There is a mindset to being feminine and that does include voice, language, and body movement/usage (deportment).

When all of that clicks, Tina gets into her groove, and blending (vs. passing) becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Just like Kate said! PASSING IS OVERRATED! I go out to please myself! I couldn't care a rats ---- what anyone thinks of me! Hugs!
    Really? I don't think that I have heard anyone who "can" pass say that it's overrated.
    Last edited by kellycan27; 06-19-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

OMG - YES after I moved! I would be in femme most of the time and when I dressed in drab I would dress as a girl in mens clothes always with tight shirts displaying my "girls".

I become quiite passable. Except for this adams apple.

I know I can not pass. Not with out a lot of time and work( of which I have neither) right now. So, being dressed around the house with the wife is just fine.
    But if I could pass,Me and the misses would be going out and having a great time! She is the only one that I think I would have fun OUT with. Without her by my side and alone I don't think I would.

Erin
    "Never explain- Your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway"

"It's Never too late to have a Happy Childhood!"

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    Really? I don't think that I have heard anyone who "can" pass say that it's overrated.
    that's because it's not overrated. passing is the goal. passing is everything. the ones who say that have absolutely zero chance of passing.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    It always involves more extensive shaving, like on my arms and my hands, and it's a pain in the rear to do it all the time.
    Marla, how do you get a pain in your rear when you shave your arms and hands? Sounds like there's a problem with your wiring somewhere. You might want to see a doctor about that.

Quote Originally Posted by marym View Post
    I think it's more about consequences than passing.
    Miriam
    I'd go along with Miriam here. It's the consequences that a lot of people consider. As for me, if I were far from home, I'd be out and wouldn't be overly worried about passability. But in my hometown, no matter how passable I might be, people would soon put two and two together, and I'm not at all sure what would come of that.

Annabelle

Quote Originally Posted by Voulez-Vous View Post
    that's because it's not overrated. passing is the goal. passing is everything. the ones who say that have absolutely zero chance of passing.
    That's quite interesting! I quess zero equals more then me thunk! I usually pass when I'm fully dressed! But some times I run to town without a wig nor makeup, but always carry my purse and wear lipstick and nail polish! Never had a problem doing so! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I think two things prevent me from going out more: 1) fear of being recognized and 2) fear of being harmed. Honestly, I wouldn't mind being read if the worst that came of it was someone laughing. I was teased quite a bit as a kid, so I can take it. However, I do not want to deal with the consequences of someone who I don't trust knowing my secret, and I also know that there are "people" out there who will hurt us for no better reason than we exist. If someone could guarantee that I would not be recognized nor harmed, I would be go out in public more. Of course, then there's the third thing: right now, going out takes me away from my family, so any going out would still have to be fit in around our family schedule.