Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do most CDs think that dresses and skirts are only for women?

I think, that on this forum, the majority, feel like they release some form of alter ego when they dress convincingly, or at least somewhat convincingly. i could be wrong, but that's how it seems going by the different posts. I don't feel that i have such an alter ego. i could be wrong, I've never fully dressed. I would like to try it, and if i could pass well enough by my standards, I'd like to go out and see what it feels like. I don't think that I'd want to do it extensively, unless i can be what I determine to be attractive, which I don't think i can achieve.

I would like to be able to wear a skirt, I've even picked out one that would work, just for the comfort of having bare legs under it, ( shaved of course. ) I want to look sexy, as a male, in a way that most men wouldn't want to be.

When i imagine wearing a skirt in my male persona, I don't think about breast forms, or a top cut for breasts, I wonder if this is because I've never been much of a breast man? Always prefer, legs, thighs, and butt for visual stimulation.

Yes, Carole, that's true.....

But that doesn't explain wanting (and buying) boobs, wigs, hips, makeup, etc. It's way more than simply wanting to wear the clothes.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    If they weren't just for women I wouldn't wear them!
    Yes, just what Karren said, if they where for everybody, I just couldn't see the point.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Georgina, you are totally preaching to the choir.

I do not try to pass as a female, I am just me, when in my stuff. Yes my movements and such may be more refined, but well, when wearing a short skirt with only hose beneath, one needs to move carefully. LOL. Corsets also change the way one moves. This does not mean I am trying to be a woman. The only reason I would have a sex change is, quite honestly, if I were completely denied the freedom to look how I liked, or, and this would be after A whole hell of a lot of consulting and verifying, my GF, or possible wife, wanted such, and I was of the same mind set.

I really don't like hearing how putting on pantyhose makes one feel more "feminine". I don't understand that thought process. I love the feel of putting on and wearing hose and a skirt, but I don't feel it makes me "feminine", it just feels nice, and is a sensation males have been deprived of simply due to their sex.

There are some dresses I have that make me feel oh so very sexi, but once again, not female. I just feel like my true self, opposed to what society dictates to me what I should be.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Stephanie47....short skirts, tights, tall boots, heels, and so on.....all originally MALE only clothing. Women wore long dresses, but men wore robes that were pretty darned close to dresses. Tights were originally worn by Roman soldiers for the cold months, due to their having SHAVED legs to prevent there being things for nits to grab onto. Women coopted those items too, which I have to problem with. Just don't deny me the freedom of choice in what I wear, and limit me to styles I find dull.

I personally think that the reason so many crossdressers prefer dresses & skirts exclusively is because they've been deprived or denied the experience of having society allow you to wear a dress. But being a woman is a psychological thing that goes beyond the clothing.
    I think this is for many, I know it is for me, the very heart of the matter. Men have been denied styles that are nice and dare I say beautiful or sexy, only because they are male.

To those Cders that would openly protest if skirts or dresses became mainstream I have to ask, why? Why would you protest something like this. I personally find such an attitude repugnant. Sorry. To me it rings of selfishness.
    Last edited by Pythos; 06-20-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Do most CDs think that dresses and skirts are only for women?

Short answer: I don't know "most CDs," so I can't say. Personally, I think they're for anyone who wants to wear them.

Longer answer:

Based on what I see on this forum, some CDs are fine with anyone wearing them (or whatever else they want), but others think only GFs and people successfully impersonating a GF should be allowed to wear them, and anyone else who tries should be, at a minimum, tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. Never done a head count of who is in which category (and who is in "other"), though.

My own view is that people should wear what they want to, and not let themselves be bound by tribal conformities.

BTW, this also means I don't see why CDs should be bound by what the apostles of One-True-Way CDing think is acceptable, either. Especially since the whole "boys are X, girls are Y" stuff is just so much tribal nonsense, anyway. Let 10,000 flowers bloom, I say.

P.S.: Hi, Pythos!
    Last edited by Asche; 06-22-2012 at 08:16 PM.