Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible leap of faith.

Possible leap of faith.

Ladies, I am undecided as to whether to go out for the first time in broad daylight.

Soon I am heading away and I wondered if you all thought I should give Mikayla time out? Nobody should know me as it's another town. I want to but I'm afraid. This is in daylight. I have only ever been out in the evening and at night.

Hugs x

I have only one thing to say Hon. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a "broad" in daylight.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member

Daylight is safer too

Going out in daylight to malls or grocery stores and restaurants is fun and it is safer as well. In my limited experience you will be fine. Most people either don't care too much or they are so self-absorbed they just don't notice.

Enjoy going out,
    Sandra1746

Banned Read only
    I'm glad you cleared up some confusion of your previous thread. Based on your avatar I think you would do fine in another town where you are not known. You mentioned in the picture taken in the club incident that you were there with your girlfriend. I would encourage you to take her along to raise your comfort level. Your girlfriend can do the ordering of food at a restaurant. Just dress to blend in with the locals. If you haven't perfected makeup (I certainly haven't) have your girlfriend assist.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    It is so much more stressful thinking about it than doing it. I have just gone out 4 times, all in daylight, and did not have any problem, even trying on and purchasing a dress. Looking at your avatar, you will do just fine.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

You could always wait for an eclipse to go out in the daytime!

BobbieB

The hardest thing about going out for the first time is getting out the door. Once you do that, you're committed and you might as well enjoy yourself!

The second time it's a little easier. The third time easier still.

After a few times you don't even worry about going through the door, because you know how much fun it is to be out in public expressing yourself as you wish to do so!

Don't make any apologies for yourself. You are whatever you define yourself to be and if someone else thinks differently that is their problem, not yours. Keep your head up and enjoy yourself!

BTW, I really think that a mall is an ideal place for a first trip out. Plenty of people there, most are preoccupied with their own shopping, and you can interact or not interact with others to whatever degree you wish.

Have fun!

Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Ella View Post
    It is so much more stressful thinking about it than doing it. I have just gone out 4 times, all in daylight, and did not have any problem, even trying on and purchasing a dress. Looking at your avatar, you will do just fine.
    Barbara
    It all depends on u, Mikayla! There's only ONE "first time" for everyone. Like Barbara says, it DOES become easier. However, in my case it ALWAYS has been and ALWAYS will be stressful!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

No reason to wait another minute! I prefer day over night! I find daytime much more friendly then night! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I've been terrified twice in my life.

-the first time I went out cross dressed
    -the first day I went to work as Melissa

Roughly three years apart and I was so nervous I could barely see straight. I lived through it, and I'm glad I didn't let the fear own me.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I've only been out a few times and it can be nerve wracking to say the least, but as everyone has said it gets easier with time. The only advice I can give which helps me get the nerve to step out and close that door is to own who you are, be who you want to be, and do things that make you happy. I hope that you find the strength and courage that you need to take that next step because I know its never easy.

As far as a leap, can you say "GERONIMO". I'm in the same boat as you. I've been planning a vacation now for months and it will be an all fem week; from a makeover to whatever happens. AM I neverous? YES! But I am also excited at the thought of an adventure of a lifetime. So go for it girl and have the time of your life. Oh and take lots of pics. We want to see just how much fun you are having.
    If the clothes make the man then the makeup makes the woman.

As your former Prime Minister said, "There is nothing to fear but fear itself".
    Go out and be a part of the world...you will enjoy it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Girls, I'm going to do it!
    Stephanie, I'll be with a GG friend. Hopefully she can advise me on if I am acting fem enough lols. And yes I will take pictures. When I get in fem mode I'm such a poser!

Well if your going to do it, have fun and make the most of it!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Go to a shopping mall in daylight in another village and I am sure you will not be noticed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Any daylight venue would be fine. Why don't you and your friend shop at some of your favorite stores and have lunch together at a restaurant of her choice - she deserves it.

Makeup addict!
    Sound like you're going to have some fun, Mikayla! It's always great to have a girl to go with you. They always make it a better experience

I wish I had your confidence, let us know how it goes ^_^
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Judging by that picture you should have no problems passing! good luck if you decide to do it! let us all know how it goes

You look great, just go for it.

If you don't think you'll be in physical danger, then push yourself. Go for it!

I wish you the best of luck on your daylight adventure. Going out will help you forget the situation that occured at work. You are pretty and why not show it off to everyone in the real light of the day!
    Please, keep us posted on how your day went.

Take care and be happy!

Going with your avatar
    I think you have nothing to worry about.
    Scout the area you will go in your drab form and then dress as the women you saw around there

Lynda

Well I only took one picture, actually my GG friend took it. But here it is. It was her suggestion to use my other wig as I asked her opinion on which to use.

I had a good time. A few people looked but none really stared. I even bought a snack and there was nothing said by the assistant at the kiosk.

Also I got busted! I was pulled over by two policewomen on the journey back. They thought my car was being driven by a woman, and because it's registered to a male they had to check!
    So I guess.I passed well enough.