Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever have this bad a day?

Ever have this bad a day?

I was out once in dress and just driving around. i decided i wanted to get some pics with the city behind me so I went into this parking garage. i was therde a while when security came and asked me my business, so i tried to explain myself and get going, the guy could fully see I was Cding. Anyway I get to the bottom and the gate was down. i pushed the button and the man stalled me, it appears the police were coming. They get there, in force, and i had to spend a half houe while they questioned me as to why i was dressed the way i was, what was i doing there, etc. Clearly not the way I wanted to come out, but years later I can laugh. Anyway just a little story I have not been here for awhile good to be back. Thanks

I would assume it was many yearsago, especially in CA because it would be harassment to detain you now for what you are wearing. However, it was private property (Most likely) and they have the right to control who comes on their property.

Welcome back
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

May I ask where this happened and how long ago?

I have had 3 dealings with the police while I was dressed, and did not have any problems. The first was when I stopped to help at the scene of an accident that occured in fornt of me, the second was when a young girl ran a red light and hit the car I ws driving, and the third was when I was stopped for speeding. I was treated with respect and dignity on all three occaisions. All three incidents occured within the past three years, in various parts of NE Ohio.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Sorry bout that the big question was the Bank parking Garage, they werent rude or anything but being a closet dresser it was uncomfotrtable on my part.I cant imagine being in an accident and having to be out there, maybe if I were more passable.

Platinum Member
    The moral of this story is that if you want to go out, pick something other than a parking ramp. Try the mall, a busy public park, or some other place with crowds. You'll be safer and less likely to attract unwanted attention.

Thanks for your story. I have gone the airport dressed and it never occurred to me that I could be locked in the parking lot-paid parking. I think I will find a less restrictive place to go for a breezy afternoon walk.

H-m-m-m, This is one reason I try to always carry fresh donuts in the car when I go out.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I've had run in's with security guards many places.... They were all very nice and professional..... And they never called the police! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by lolisa View Post
    Sorry bout that the big question was the Bank parking Garage, they werent rude or anything but being a closet dresser it was uncomfotrtable on my part.I cant imagine being in an accident and having to be out there, maybe if I were more passable.
    LOL. I am not passable. And, when the car hit me, I was not wearing any makeup or hairpiece, and since it was late evening I'm sure I had more than a 5 o'clock shadow. I was wearing a denim skirt, girly top, and pink flipflops.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Ever had this bad a day? Sure--far worse. They are the days of fire fights in the jungle back in the 1960's.

If that was the worst day of your life, you are very lucky.

Jodi

Yeah....that day sucked.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    One night long ago I was stopped and questioned by the police. Hence my signature line.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I've been out in public over a hundred times in the past 36 months of being out in public, and only once I got called a 'fag' once in the parking lot of a shopping mall....by a woman, no less.
    The rest?.....no one cares.

About 5 years ago I was call "f*g" by a 20ish year old guy who driving a car with 3-4 other jeks, it scared the dickens out of me, as I ran home, about a block away, in heels no less. Anther time, a year or so later, both happened in the Summertime, at least it was warm outside, a squad car followed me for two blocks as I was walking home very late at night. The first instance was on a Saturday night at about 10PM. The police incident\made me change very quickly into drad and the police car stayed parker outside my home for 5-10 minutes. That was scary to me.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Silver Member
    Police look for things out of the norm. When we do those things we invite suspision.

I suppose if you want to come out with a flash, there is probably no better way.
    Oops.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My SO and I have a friend who is pre-op, has her gender markers changed in this country but not in her country of origin (she's working on it). She gets hassled big time when she crosses borders. We all had a discussion about this last night and it is true that border guards and law enforcement officers could all use gender sensitivity training. But also, they are primarily trained to detect suspicious activity, which includes people disguising themselves for nefarious purposes. How are they to know whether someone is legitimately trans (or a CDer), or in disguise in order to rob a bank or smuggle drugs? I'm not sure how they could navigate this but it makes sense if you're a CDer to stay away from places that might give cause for suspicion, such as banks, borders, government offices, or wherever there are security guards.

If you're a TS then you can go everywhere you want as long as the ID matches the presented gender.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    I've had worse days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Ever had this bad a day? Sure--far worse. They are the days of fire fights in the jungle back in the 1960's.

Jodi
    What an awesome point! Always try and keep things in perspective and I think Jodi just gave us a hand with that!

I Got pulled over once while wearing some female stuff. I was nervous, and cop was figuring i was hiding something... while he was back writing up the tickets I pulled off my coat, and now he thinks i'm hiding stuff. So he comes out and starts grilling me again. I tell him I took it off because i didn't want him thinking i was a sissy, (even though i am...:-/) and kind of yelled at him for being a jerk ass to me- kind of like- 'hey i know you probably do not mean to be this way but give me a break for not just coming right out and saying 'gee, i'm kind of nervous for being crossdressed here..."

He relaxes a little- goes back to his car, the other car he called for backup pulls off, comes up and hands me two tickets- says- go to court, and just listen for the instructions the judge gives you.

I went to court, my ticket was on the bottom, the cop left before my case came up. Judge calls me up finally, asks me if the issuing officer told me what to do- i said: "He told me to listen to your instructions." Judge reads the tickets again, and says "slow down and think ahead while driving" or something to that effect. "Dismissed."

I haven't come out to my friends who are cops (one's a deputy chief)- but from general discussions- don't try to hide anything. Cops are used to dealing with people who are not upstanding citizens...

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post

Jodi
    Not too many people reazile what a Hell Nam really was Jodi.

ReineD, oh my, stay away from places with security guards, what's a girl to do, they have them at the mall? I spent to much time at Kmart one day, browsing in the womens section of the store, I heard an announcement to an employee to report to the womens section. When she showed up, it turns out it was security, she stayed at a distance, but stayed in the area trying to me nonchalant about it, but I was being watched, she knew she had a pervert, or a thief on her hands. I finally found two pair of jeans on sale, that I liked. picked them up, walked pass the guard, gave her a big smile and good morning.
    When I got to the check out, a young man waited on me, I hate dealing with young men when buying womens clothing. The young man picked up my jeans, smiled at me and said, wow good price on these huh, I smiled back and said yeah, that's why I shop here. I got out and had to laugh at myself, if your going to hang out in the womens section, make sure they know you plan to buy something, or you look strange being there.
    Tina B.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Not too many people reazile what a Hell Nam really was Jodi.
    When I was in the service, we got within 15 miles of the coast of Nam, this was before it got real hot there, I knew then I didn't want to go ashore there. I was glad to rearm the local war ships and get back to Japan, we had a party going on there. a Month after I got out, one of our ships got hit, and it was on, my ship spent the rest of the war running ammo to Nam, I was glad I missed it.
    Last edited by ReineD; 06-22-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: merged posts
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've had run in's with security guards many places.... They were all very nice and professional..... And they never called the police! Lol.
    YES Karren, but Know wonder the Security guards questioned you, Wearing a Poodle Skirt & Ice Scates in the bank lobby?
    (((HYGGS))))
    JoanAz

Just an aside to this. Many local police officers, public officials, security guards, EMT's, Doctors and Nurses frequent the LGBT club I go to. Small world sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    ReineD, oh my, stay away from places with security guards, what's a girl to do, they have them at the mall?
    I didn't mean the places where the public hangs out, like the mall or tourist attractions. I meant the places where anybody lurking about would look suspicious.
    Reine