Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to tell my wife

I think that we pretty much know our wives and can guess how they going to react to certain extent, for example how does she react when she sees a man in drag? does she have very conservative views or is she open minded. does she like to explore new things?

Karren! quit scaring the poor thing.

(side note, I honestly think that you see more of the bad results posted here because..well they are bad. There probably as many if not more who will accept it either fully or with caveats when you do it with discretion.)

Rhonda, I agree with the people here who say talk about it. Next time she says something just go with it. Ask if she would really be OK with say nail polish or a dress. I also believe that the biggest obstacle to men wearing whatever they want to wear is "MEN". Males are so concerned about how their buddies will perceive them. This leads to mostly stupid behavior from the males (honestly almost every moronic action begins with the words "Hey ya'll watch this.") In my case my wife really didn't care what I wore as long as I didn't embarrass her (and of course at the age of 30 something and I wanted to wear a short skirt...that would have been embarrassing). And we would joke about the same things. EXCEPT I did one day take her up on it. Nail polish once. Skirts another. High heels. Never a bad word from my wife. On the other hand my mother in law had many bad words but it was MY house she was living in... better keep you opinions to yourself than exposing them from the curb . I always say do it early rather than later. So, if you want polish, go for it. If you are worried about what people will say, the 4th of July is coming up, do them in Red White and Blue. That would be patriotic. (I used to do mine to match whatever sports team was playing at the time...I hated Orange and Blue :P)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Rhonda, I'm with Karren when you think about it you have already tried the slowly, slowly approach and it's not worked for you. If you continue down the same path expecting a different result I have to tell you it's going to happen. So you either commit to life in secrecy or face the matter head to head with your wife, only you can decide what is right for you. We can all provide our own experiences but they relate to two different people not you and your wife.

k

Only you know your wife, but IMO you need to chat with her about it all. Don't let little bits come out because when/if she finds out she most likely won't thank you for it.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Just a note, I believe Karren was joking when she said pop out of the closet. That almost NEVER works. Physical surprise never works when you are trying to get someone on your side.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lorileah,

Good point, I was endorsing the action of jumping out dressed but facing the situation and having the discussion.

k

Banned Read only
    My story is linked below

Rhonda

You can see my post from tonight, my wife found out the worst way. I would advise figuring out how to tell her before she finds out in a way you will not want. I will let you know how things go with us but it is very fragile right now. Good luck

Regan

I don't know but IMO it's just alot of wishful thinking on our parts about hoping that the wives would understand and hopefully accept what we do.
    What are you really after in telling her about your CDing. Are you hopeing for her acceptance and allowing you to dress most of time in the house in front of her on the street where ever. If she does say she accepts it but doesn't want to see it then isn't it exactly what we are doing right now being in the closet. Some think women accept it more than we think but IMO I feel you got about an 80% chance she'd show you the door. Another thread stated she totally loved her husband but she would have split had she known about his CDing. As has been stated we do know our wives better than anyone else. Being told here to sit down and explain everything about your dressing up, I don't know unless you really are just looking for a way to end your marriage. I have a real hard time with some of the answers here and about if they loved you they'd totally accept this. For the ones that have found this I wish you all the luck and happiness in the years to come and wish mine would be that way to, but in reality as that door hits you in the ass on the way out just remember if you want advise thats great but its what you do with it that makes it your mistake.
    Being in the closet or being with out your wife...............its lonely and lawyer expensive

With this I am really tempted to toss lynda out and surpress her again

Rob

Lynda
    Last edited by Lyndaloves; 06-23-2012 at 12:39 AM.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Your post is well-stated, Lynda. Not that I don't get the "it's better to tell her than to have her find out" argument (which is a point very well taken), but there is A LOT of truth in what Lynda states.

I'm closing this thread. The OP edited the content out of his thread starter, and also deleted the few other posts he had made in the forum.
    Reine