Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New movie to watch for.

New movie to watch for.

Hi ladies, while cruising for upcoming movie trailers (Harry Potter and King Kong) I came across this. http://transamerica-movie.com/. I thought that you might be interested.

Kimmy

looks fun

Haley Pink~

Kewl!

I loved the video clip they had on the web site. So neet.

Haley

Hi Kimmy

Thanks for sharing the link to the new movie TransAmerica. It looks like a lot of fun and it has won some awards too!

WOW! that trailer nearly made me cry. it looks so serious, yet a little bit of a comedy... Yes, I'm so glad to keep seeing films like this.

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    Looks like it received a lot of awards! Its on my list. I wonder if it will get a wide release, or if it is going to be in the more indy and art-film type theaters.

What is really nice is to see the stars that are in the cast. I liked the trailer and will have to see the movie now. And thanks to whomever mentioned 'Beatiful Boxer'. I loved that movie too. It had two elements that I especially love in life. Kickboxing and crossdressing.

Ericka Jean
    Existence is futile.

Aspiring Member
    Hello Kimmy Thankyou for showing us that love

Any film that shows the Transgendered as just ordinary people who happen to be born with the wrong physical gender can only help us against the predjudice we have to endure..................with what I saw from the trailer I'm hoping this is one of them

love mand xxx

Looks like a great movie Kimmy, i just hope it gets to the UK but i doubt it.
    Hope i can find somewhere to download it even if thats not the correct thing to do.

Luv ya, Gale.
    Luv Ya! :be:

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Should be interesting, and I would go see if, hmm... what should i wear?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Wow! You mean someone has finally made a movie that treats this subject with the respect and dignity it deserves? It looks, from the trailer, that it also deals with a lot of the same issues many transitioning females encounter. I can't wait to see it, even if I have to watch it alone. I think it's great that someone had the guts to even make it. I, for one, will be watching!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

As usual, another great Sundance film.....
    Hallmark & Sundance always treat subjects of this nature and others with
    dignity, will be seeing it as well..........
    [SIZE=4]Leilani68[/SIZE]

It looks to be very well made. I can't wait to see it. I wonder if I can get the wife to watch if with me.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

A must see for me, I think. It will be interesting to see what they make of the relationship - specifically the ending! And I'm glad it's not just a "tranny" movie... They mentioned something about a modern day look on the American family. Seems good all round! xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

actress vs. actor

Hi Kimmy,

Thanks for tuning us in about this film. Even though the actress is terrific,I just think it is too bad they could not find a suitable man for the role.

love,

vicky v
    "Hello, I must be going." Groucho Marx :winking:

Yes, Kimmy, I can't wait to see it.

Important to note, is that it also stars Calpernia Adams, who is a post-op TS and a Hollywood actress. The Showtime movie "Soldier's Girl" was based on her life. She has also appeared on tv in Numb3rs, Deadwood, Dr 90210, CSI (100th episode), Gray's Anatomy and others. She has also appeared in films.

She has high standards and has done so much to further the cause of gender issues in public. Yes, I am a big fan of hers.

Hugs ~ Kim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting, I have a question about... Why on drama films the transgendered role is almost always played by a GG ? I can only remember "the crying game" in wich the TG role is played by a man (superb, Jaye Davidson) and "different for girls" (I haven´t see it jet)...
    in comedy those roles are always played by men... What do you think about?
    Can you tell me movies in wich the TG role was played by a man?

PS: we have here in Spain the films of Pedro Almodovar, who almost always put a TG role in his movies. I recommend the last movie "La mala educación(The Bad education)" wich is the history of a TG MtF person in the 70s-80s.

thanks
    Sandra
    Last edited by sandra_lag; 11-15-2005 at 01:33 PM.

I'll keep an eye out for it but like Marla will have to watch it alone. My wife is openminded about these tg issues and is not homophobic but if I told her the truth about me her openmindedness would shut down. We've watched many controversial movies both in English and foreign and if there was enough publicity about the movie then she may want to see it. However, if it's only me suggesting to watch it then the questions will arise on why I want to watch it.

Another one from 2003, which I haven't seen yet but will add to my must-see list is "Normal". It's about a married man with two teen children who wants a sex change but doesn't want to break up the family.

Bonnie

Quote Originally Posted by vicky V
    Hi Kimmy,

Thanks for tuning us in about this film. Even though the actress is terrific,I just think it is too bad they could not find a suitable man for the role.

love,

vicky v

I was thinking the exact same thing vicky.

Kimmy

Elinor
    Thanks for the heads - up I'll look out for this in the cinema.

This would be great movie to go out with your SO's. Sounds like this is great film!
    Eventually in thesedays, boys to do get more harder and dirty jobs, while girls do get more easier and clean jobs.....

like Kimmy and Vicky

Just like Kimmy and Vickey

i agree that it is a pity that they could not find a suitable man for the role

Sandra, you haven't seen "Soldier's Girl" yet have you??
    The TG role in that movie was played by Lee Pace a heterosexual guy.
    May I also say he looked AMAZING!! Check the picture out below with him and Calpernia Addams. He's on the right, Calpernia's in the middle. Google him sometime and read all the comments he made on doing the role. He said he started to take on alot of female traits as the shooting went on.
    If you girls haven't seen the movie yet...RENT IT!!

Great flick!

Dawn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It's only when I lose myself in someone else, that I find myself. I find myself."
    Depeche Mode

One more step... outside! Francine's Avatar

TransAmerica

Yes, I've been waiting for that movie.
    I heard it has Marcia Cross for "Desperate Houswives" as the leading role. And I also saw a discussion about why they chose a GG to play the role than a TG or TS.
    The consensus, if I understood it right..was the a TG or TS would not want "disclosed" to their true gender. So it was easier to focus on having a GG play the role.
    Any one heard differently? or know something else.
    Looking forward to seeing it...
    en femme maybe?
    "Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
    Critisize me and I may not like you.
    Ignore me and I may not forgive you.
    Encourage me ... and I will never forget you!"

new movie

Thanks for the tip, Kimmy. 'Transamerica' is coming to New York next month. There is a theater which I can go and see it. I look forward to watching it.

Gennee
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".