Thread: stress

stress

I am finding a personal correlation between stress and my frequency of dressing. In a given week, the more stress I have the higher my desire to or frequency of dressing. When I am relatively stress free, I have a lower desire to or frequency of dressing.

Does anyone feel the same way?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    At my advanced age, I live a pretty stress free life. And it doesn not affect my dressing at all, and never has!!

If dressing enfemme relieves your stress, than go for it. It is your life to live!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I'm also at an advanced age and stress is not really a factor in my dressing, other than if I can't get the chance to dress then there is some stress to dress. But, I don't dress based upon stress. I'm dressed as I write this. Just had the free time to dress and taking advantage of it. For many the need to escape stress is a major factor in needing to dress and the more power to them to have the chance to release it.

Banned Read only
    I am not at an advanced age but getting there. I have found that yes, it does cause stress when I am the only one not dressed in a crowd and I definitely want to get dressed.

Don't ask!

No.... I thrive on stress... It makes me work harder to get done what needs to be done... And dressing doesn't relieve stress... Its usually makes it worse... Or more complicated at least. For me if I really want to relieve stress..... nothing like a good check that lays someone out on the ice..... During a fast paced hockey game!! Boom!! That's an amazing stress reliever....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I do find that dressing can be a good way to relax or de-stress. Its not the only reason for me personally but it is a pretty big one. Everyone is different I guess.
    xoxo

I'm like Jorja.I get stressed if I can't dress.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

To be honest, this must be a "younger guy" thing. Most women I know do not get dressed to the nines when they are stressed, more often than not eat ice cream or chocolate. Old geezers like myself just dress because we want to and usually not for any other reason. Nothing to prove basically, so we do what we want.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When I'm not stressed I want to dress. If I'm stressed I need to dress.

If I'm under stress, I tend to dress less and work out more.

If I spend any significant amout of time crossdressed as a man I become very stressed. If I dress as me I feel fine!
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

The more stressed I am, the more I need to dress.

I have a similar issue, and being 24 I guess it is a "younger guy" thing. I've noticed at times when I get really anxious and nothing really helps, I start getting dressed and it all just goes away. I become completely calm and comfortable

I am the same way. Usually have more frequent dressing times during high stress times.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Being in drab is stressful for me. I never know what "fresh hell" life is going to throw at me. All I know is that it's not likely to be fun and I will be expected to have the innate ability to deal with whatever it happens to be.

When I'm en femme I know that I can put that on hold for a few hours and just concentrate on being Eryn. It's very calming!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

To be stressed is to dress but not dressing is stressing but at least the dresser is not the stressor.