Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tranny????

Tranny????

I live quite a bit of my life being en-femme, and always have shaved legs, painted toes etc. Also I apparently carry myself with a feminine gait.

My fella always calls me his little tranny, which I really like. Do you all find the term tranny offensive, or am I looking into this way too much?

Some will. Some will not. Does it really matter?

offensive and duragatory .......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    I really don't care for the term, but if it's used as a term of endearment, then I guees I'd be OK with it.

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    offensive and duragatory .......
    Nothing different to calling someone a "Tranny" (which is widely used in the p#rn industry), to the derogative name calling gay people get.
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

I dunno, kind of makes a big difference when you are talking about crossdressers or cars.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I kind of like the term myself. 'Transvestite' seems so formal and I refer to myself as a Tranny - I don't find it in the least bit Derogatory.

Gold Member
    To some it is a bad word, others no so bad. Myself, I do not use the word tranny, as I find
    it has a degrading sense about it.
    Rader

I personally don't care for the term. I like T-girl. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

not a fan of 'tranny'

My uncle called my aunt "The old woman" for years. He said it as a term of endearment but still. I know men who call their GF's "my B*tch". I don't care if they mean well it isn't nice. You want to give your SO a nickname seems that sweetie or honey or something works better. Tranny in the general world isn't offensive to them, but then again calling people things 40-50-60 years ago in everyday language was normal too until the people who were being called the name rectified it. It is offensive.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

For me it depends on who is using the word and their feelings and or opinion of me.

I have friends who are black and they call me "N....r" all the time and I take it has a compliment because they are including me within their circle but I still do not use the word toward them because of the ugly history behind the word.

There are many similarities between the N and T word because each has been used to subjugate, demean and intimidate with every intention of breaking the persons will and sense of their own value as a human being in relationship to other human beings.

Your fella seems to care about you so is not being disrespectful or demeaning but uses the word as a term of endearment.

I have been fortunate that a stranger has never thrown the word at me as an insult because I would find it hurtful not because of the word but because of the implications behind the word (their reason for using it)

Words are extremely powerful symbols that can enter our minds below our awareness and like an infection we become infected by anothers hate driven ignorance that than threatens to fester inside us as self loathing, leaving us feeling worthless and inadequate. Those adults who have suffered child abuse done with words and who have healed from the effects understand this.

Words by themselves would mean nothing if they did not threaten to harm us and some people are much more vulnerable to being hurt by words than others, we build our opinion of ourself out of words so what you believe you are and become.

This is why it is so important to set boundaries which are rules that govern anothers behavior for your own protection but each person must decide what they need from others to be safe and to than reciprocate in protecting others from themselves by asking them what they need in return.

Words can heal or they can harm but it is unique to each person.

Im not sure i would like to be called Tranny-- Just my opinion.

Just my 2 cents. I think the use of "Tranny" in the US has a bad vibe to it. While across the pond it does not. I could be wrong, maybe the members from the UK and such, can shed a little light.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

I do not like the term; however, the context in which it is used makes a big difference to me. I would prefer if it went away.

I don't care for the term myself, but to each there own. Just me.
    Last edited by Karinsamatha; 06-26-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

Tranny.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Tranny.
    Now that's what I call a Tranny!
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

As long as it is used with out hate or trying to be mean you can call me anything you want, tranny, tgirl, sissy, etc.. but please don't call me "SIR"

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Patty View Post
    but please don't call me "SIR"
    Sorry, I couldn't resist...

it's the same way i feel about "sissy" if my BF/GF, sister, or partner call me that with endearment it's ok. i like it because they use it with love. if a jerk uses it in an offensive manner, he's going to get knocked out. my loved ones have always been there for me and never stop supporting me. it's no longer about what you say, it's how you say it, at least where i live it is.

Would U prefer he call you something different? If you like it Its fine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Quote Originally Posted by Krazee View Post
    I live quite a bit of my life being en-femme, and always have shaved legs, painted toes etc. Also I apparently carry myself with a feminine gait.

My fella always calls me his little tranny, which I really like. Do you all find the term tranny offensive, or am I looking into this way too much?
    My mother calls me everyday. I have your attributes and in addition I have a developing feminine figure due to M2F HRT so now my wife calls me "Momma's Little Drag Queen".

Now that's more objectionable than to simply be called a tranny. But the worst term is to be called a sissy.

John
    Last edited by JohnH; 06-27-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    A real Tranny is usually found in a car or truck!! To me the term is very insulting. I am a crossdresser and a male, but nothing more! So don't call me any of those "pet" names!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Tranny.
    Not cool .......I think she over did her makeup a bit.