Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of us are JUST crossdressers?

Well I tend to identify more with transgender but with my current situation crossdresser is fine ^_^

Nice one, Freddy! Thanks!
    Absorbing comments, just like your responses...
    I'm a CDer.... I'm male and want to remain so... but maybe I'm transsexual and havn't ealised it yet...
    I'm just glad I've lived half my life, am enjoying it...
    and I am looking forward to an uncertain future
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been a crossdresser longer than many of you have been alive, since I have been a crossdresser since age 6 and am now 80! I have never wanted to actually be a woman, or even to perform sexually as one. I am a man and proud of it! But I do like to wear feminine things, from the skin out. I wear panties and a bra almost every day, and usually a skirt and top or a dress some part of the day. My late wife knew that I did this and had no problem with it. So my answer is; YES, I AM A CROSSDRESSER and nothing further!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I am not a fan of the words "just a crossdresser" as I interpret them to imply that we who identify as crossdressers are not quite at the same level as others. Even the term "crossdresser" covers a wide range of activities. Some of us totally present as women while others are happy with partially dressing to some degree. Some "underdress" only; some are fetishists.

I have wondered a bit lately about this and other sites with "crossdesser" in their name. I do not know of any that restrict membership to "just crossdressers". I think that the important issue is that we all are respectful of others, regardless of how they see themselves or we see ourselves.
    Hugs, Carole

Loved your post Freddy and agree 100%. Another crossdresser here and have often wondered if crossdressers.com was originally crossdressing focused rather than on gender identity issues. As a crossdresser I'm interested in the former and bored by the later so I often have to take a break from this forum because it seems dominated by TG and TS members. Keep posting your interesting, amusing, and thoughtful essays.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    I'm one as well, Freddy. I'm really not into separating ourselves, so i got very little problem with the TS, TG< GG, DQ, Fetishists, etc. who want to post here, they are mostly all good people. Occasionally some threads get hijacked, or we see overbearing activity from a few, and I do get bored sometimes when the topics are repetitive or about issues I have no interest in, but it's still all good.

Gold Member
    Now I thought you were a Transvestite Freddy. :-)

I am with Carole in that saying "just" implies lesser than something else. So I don't like to think of myself as ever being "just". But what am I? Maybe by the time I kick the bucket I will know. This is still a journey for me. My thoughts go back and forth. All I can say for now is that I am "just" being me. :-)
    Last edited by PretzelGirl; 06-28-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes

Hi All. Another"crossdresser" here. I have no desire to have surgery or pass as female fulltime. That said, I do LOVE being out and about in femme attire. I feel that we all have our similarities, and differences, same as EVERYBODY else!
    We are ALL part of the human race , so why give a F*** about the little differences or the labels ?

Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaCDSNJ View Post
    Well I tend to identify more with transgender but with my current situation crossdresser is fine ^_^
    Ditto for the first part, but the second part is eroding away.....for me anyway. I've already done a year and a half worth of beard removal (electrolysis & laser) so i can be more passable when out in public, and now my hair is shoulder legnth.

It's one thing to put on a wig and a dress & heels, and dress up as a woman, but once your daily grooming habits completely encompass every and all female esthetics, i.e. long hair, pierced ears, no facial hair, pedicures, shaved legs, the whole nine yards 24/7/365, and utilizing a wardrobe that sees daylight/ightlife beyond your front door, it becomes a part of you, or in some cases all of you.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Put me down for "Crossdresser"... I love being a guy, father and husband. I just have a feminine side that needs some expression. I love women's fashion and their choices for clothing... I'm envious of them!

Almost Just a Cross Dresser

Having been both defended and vilified for my particular niche on the spectrum I am not convinced that I don't fall a notch or two shy of "just a crossdresser." I suspect the Jonestown Passing Brigade is still less than pleased with me. Thankfully a number of the responses to the thread have reminded me why I continue to come here. The vocal minority will always be here and be loud but increasingly more often there are people I read about who think closer to how I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
    I'm just a crossdresser. I can't say I feel like the opposite gender. I just believe I can wear any piece of fabric I damn well please. Weather it's a skirt or jeans.
    And I will thank them not to expect that simply because that piece of fabric has only one hole for legs that I must also necessarily think look and act like their concept of what a wearer of single-holed fabric pieces must be!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post

The clothes can be used as tools for powerful self exploration or they can be nothing but clothes and I have a bearded friend who does nothing to feminize his appearance but likes to wear a dress now and than because it is pretty and he likes pretty things.
    That is a man who I would happily have a cup of coffee with!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Sykes View Post

I've mentioned in previous posts that because my wife loves my facial hair and doesn't want me to shave it off, I tend to go out in public (far away from home) looking like a guy in women's clothes. This does seem to be heavily frowned upon in this forum, even though I dress perfectly sensibly and am well-groomed. I've never had any problems from the general public whilst being out and about dressed. I often read makeup tips and look at wigs and forms and am really excited to try it all one day. I can't wait to primp and preen in front of a mirror in a taffeta dress, but in the meantime I still feel the need to go out and be a plain old crossdresser in everyday womenswear: not because I want to shock or offend, but because it's simply a huge part of who I am. It's intrinsic to me, and just because I don't want to become a woman, it doesn't mean that I don't want or need support, or that I belong here any less.

I believe that in going out as a guy in non-outrageous women's clothes and being well-mannered, polite and well-behaved, I am doing our community some good; if we all went out en-femme looking gorgeous and "passing", no-one outside of sites like this would be any the wiser, and society would remain ignorant of our numbers, or maybe of even our existence. I think it does society good to see a man who's not afraid to wear something smart but unexpected - keeps society on its toes, so to speak. And the more it happens, the more people encounter a crossdresser who is obviously as sane as they are, the more accepting people will become.
    I prefer my face to be shaved personally but have no interest in wigs or forms. I have encountered far more resistance and some downright nastiness here in the digital world than I ever have out and about in the actual world.

I will concede an outfit or two that needed improvement and I work on those. Like you I prefer to be well mannered, polite and at least modestly covered (even if we disagree on style.) Can someone please explain with substance how that harms "our community" more than only allowing the truly small minority out who pass?

Quote Originally Posted by StacyPump View Post

I am really glad that you raised the point about sometimes feeling looked down upon, within this forum, for being "just a crossdresser". There have been a few times when I have read a particularly harsh post, and wanted to reply with something like, "Wow! I have been struggling with feelings of guilt and shame my entire life because I like to crossdress. I never imagined that I would feel MORE shame over crossedressing after reading posts on a website called 'CROSSDRESSERS.COM'! Can't we all just get along?"

I decided not to post that, because I didn't want to start a flame war. And I hope this thread does not degenerate into one.
    It's amazing how a group of people you actually think should be your peers can affect how you feel about yourself as opposed the general public reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica27 View Post
    In the past I have been attacked by some, and defended by others for expressing my viewpoints on the origin, meaning and relevance of the term transgender. I stayed away from this forum for several years because of the viciousness of some of the attacks. Since returning, I have detected a tendency for the current posters to be far more accepting of diverse opinions on this subject.
    If I stay long enough there just might be others like me or at least close enough that being true to me won't pull them down and I can simply be what I am; a man, almost just a cross dresser.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Ditto for the first part, but the second part is eroding away.....for me anyway. I've already done a year and a half worth of beard removal (electrolysis & laser) so i can be more passable when out in public, and now my hair is shoulder legnth.

It's one thing to put on a wig and a dress & heels, and dress up as a woman, but once your daily grooming habits completely encompass every and all female esthetics, i.e. long hair, pierced ears, no facial hair, pedicures, shaved legs, the whole nine yards 24/7/365, and utilizing a wardrobe that sees daylight/ightlife beyond your front door, it becomes a part of you, or in some cases all of you.
    I wouldn't suggest that you ever come to California because a lot of women don't fit this description and would break your heart.
    I think the forum readers/posters might enjoy reading this philosophical article published in 1974 titled "What's it like to be a bat"?
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...h0Elyg&cad=rja

The link opens a pdf of the article which is about 6 pages sans footnotes
    You can substitute CD or TS or TG for the word bat, and I think the article will work. Being passable (in your subjective eyes) is not the same a being a woman (seen THROUGH her eyes). Women don't ever think about being "passable" and probably never think about being women. I'm not trying to be rude here, I just think that exterior things have a very definite limit.

I, like so many, define myself as crossdresser.

When I joined here a few years ago I didn't really have a clue where I fell in the CD spectrum. I just liked to wear skirts or dresses and thought I couldn't possibly be the only one in the world like this. The more I read, posted and asked questions the more I discovered about myself and "our world". I pushed beyond anything I thought I could or would do. I met and shared stories with other CDers. I bought shapewear, wigs and make up, and then hit the busy shopping malls and experienced the smiles and stares of a thousand spectators.

All the while, I remained simply a "crossdresser".

I know this now because no matter how many dresses wear, or however convincing my overall presentation is, I have never felt trapped in the wrong body, or have any desire whatsoever to have surgery. In fact I sometimes feel like a bit of a fraud when I log on to crossdressers.com.....probably unwarranted!

Sorry if I overdid the response, I just got onto a train of thought and kept on typing

I hate labels.
    But yes I am a cross dresser.
    When I crossdress I fantasize that I am a woman and try to transform my body with attached forms, corset and control top panties to hide all signs of my male hood.
    I do have a therapist and have been trying to figure myself out. LOL

If I could take a pill an be female ... would I.
    Most likely yes.
    I have been thinking about starting hrt.
    I do love women and would love a gf who is accepting.

Who knows .... I guess I am a cross dresser PLUS. LOL

Just a crossdresser here as well, I am 100% male, except for the fact that I like to wear womens clothes occasionally. And even when I do wear womens clothes, I don't do makeup or a wig. I do owna wig, but never wear it.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Yet another wonderful piece from you, Freddy!

I have the same feelings as you. I'm a part-time crossdresser and proud of it! Like you, I don't have any urges to become feminine. It's something that's so foreign to my character that I can't imagine it. I can look at myself in a mirror and see a blank canvas ready for painting with a feminine image, not a male image that I dislike. That "painting" process is, in itself, immensely pleasurable. I can spend ages getting that image to look believable, with clothes, makeup & wigs - but it will never be a female character looking back at me; I know that and it doesn't trouble me in the least. That character will look and act as feminine as I can possibly manage though.

Now, if that lot makes some people want to label me as TG then that's fine with me if it makes them happy, although it isn't a label that I would use myself. I hate the use of labels where there can be any doubt whatsoever. I label myself as MtoF part-time crossdresser because that is exactly what I see myself as.

Strangely enough, I've made the opposite journey to you - from here to Rose's Forum! I still love this board but, as I'm in the UK, Rose's is far more relevant to me in a lot of ways. I make my position clear on there and, so far at least, I've not had any problems with other members "looking down" on me as a "mere" crossdresser. (I love the Chat Room on there in an evening!)

If you feel as if you would like to PM me about these points then please do so.
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

I am a crossdresser as well, like being who I am both as male and female,, I do have bi tendencies as well only when dressed,,,but I JUST HAVE TO BE WHO I AM,,,(just me)
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=3]XOX Dana XOX[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena
    In the end we all go to the same big gig in the sky.
    [SIZE="2"]In the immortal words of a certain TG individual, “What are you going to do when you get there?” More importantly, what do I wear for the final judgment? [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn
    I am not a fan of the words "just a crossdresser" as I interpret them to imply that we who identify as crossdressers are not quite at the same level as others. Even the term "crossdresser" covers a wide range of activities. Some of us totally present as women while others are happy with partially dressing to some degree. Some "underdress" only; some are fetishists.
    [SIZE="2"]All things being equal, as they should be, if we are on a discussion forum for crossdressers we should tolerate all crossdressers. Some love doing it, some are ambivalent about doing it, some are worried about doing it, and some would rather not be doing it, “it” being crossdressing. I take issue when certain individuals knock down those who LOVE to crossdress – I think there is room for some enthusiasm around here, especially for those who are looking to verify their fragile CD existence in some way. The pressures of the real world are certainly debilitating, but does happiness need to be crushed just because someone’s “take” on crossdressing differs markedly from others? I should explain…

Back in the day, I was crossdressing in a vacuum. I was happy. I’m STILL happy. Naturally, I was wondering if there were others like me – wouldn’t it be fun to meet other crossdressers and share some of this abundant joy one can feel through such simple means? Accordingly, I searched for other crossdressers – since they are largely hidden within society (those who emulate, I mean, and not those who imitate), it was a happy day when I discovered CD discussion forums like this one. I could finally “meet” other crossdressers! Once I joined, I started gushing like a newbie, hoping to FINALLY make a connection with my invisible peers…

I did, of course, but it took time. My initial forays into the CD community were awkward and unfulfilling. I began to wonder if anyone felt the same joy, the same magic, which I did each and every time I dress. The CD majority on these boards would either scoff at me or ignore me out of hand – who does she think SHE is, anyway? I got depressed. I felt lonely again. But, one day, a crossdresser did reach out to me, responding to a description of a pretty dress I saw. Apparently I was trolling and didn’t know it! My faith in beauty (and magic) thus restored, I kept posting, gradually finding the type of crossdressers I was looking for. Unfortunately, they come and go, while the ambivalent types hang on, either hurting or confusing newbies who deserve better. I know there are crossdressers out there who dress up because they LIKE to – it makes them happy, and they wish to share this blessed happiness that enriches their lives. Crossdressing can be very serious business, to be sure, but I’m just pleading for some room, or TOLERANCE, for those who crossdress to be happy. Can I get an AMEN, dear sisters?

I met a REALLY beautiful CD girl here nearly a year ago, but she has disappeared. We had a great time “talking” about the sheer joy of crossdressing. That was worth waiting for, but she is just a memory…
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sue
    Now I thought you were a Transvestite Freddy. :-)
    [SIZE="2"]Well spotted! For purposes of this discussion, as outlined in the OP, I decided to call myself a crossdresser rather than a transvestite – we’ve had enough discussion about the latter term, haven’t we? I have a waist-defining black belt in MtF crossdressing, which makes me a tranny
    [/SIZE]

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolene Robertson View Post
    I cross dress only, I am married and have a supporting wife. I enjoy being a genetic male but I have a fem, side too. I love the way a woman looks and sometimes I like to look and feel like I am one of them. It make me feel complete, the clothes are liberating and feel sexy (to me). When I was younger it did cause me to have to question myself though, but I came to accept myself the way I am. Just a lady inside sometimes.
    Couldn't say it any better myself Jolene.
    So, if it's ok with you, I'm going to use your words and put my hand up too

~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Hi Freddy I am so sorry that you feel the way you do. I am Trans gendered. But would never ever say I am better or worse then any one else here. I as a human being have no rite to pass judgment on anyone else, and I don't .
    I have been evolving since I joined a number of years ago. I look forward to reading your insights, and indeed feel privileged to read them.
    A prisoner in a kings disguise - Styx

I'm new here and was a little confused myself when I saw TG's were on here when the masthead says Crossdressers. I'm strictly a CD. I like playing the role of a woman when it suits me. I enjoy pretending to be a woman. I envy a certain type of woman and when I'm in the mood I can be kind of what I envy. I like being able to shift between genders in my head and with my outward appearence.

I sure don't claim to be of the mindset of TG's although I do have minor gender identity issues. Deep down I think all crossdressers do to a certain degree. I have taken many gender identity test. Some very scientific others not so much. I tend to fall in between or slightly more female than male. My physical features are not very masculine. I'm tall skinny and my facial features are not at all masculine.

... this abundant joy one can feel through such simple means.
    You couldn't describe crossdressing any better.

Crossdressing can be very serious business, to be sure, but I’m just pleading for some room, or TOLERANCE, for those who crossdress to be happy. Can I get an AMEN, dear sisters?
    Too right you can, Freddy - AMEN!
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

I don't think anyone is 'just' anything. Some of the nicest people I have met identify themselves as CD, I certainly don't think they are 'just' something.

I just think they are people who have found a balance in their life that works for them. And good on them.

As a nascent TS I think of you as my sisters and cousins. I will always have more in common with all of you than any others.

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    I'm a crossdresser. End of story. I don't find the term "transvestite" to be a "dirty word." I don't get the opportunity to dress often, and I'm fine with that. I'm not that great at it, either. I still love doing it, because it's a part of who I am, and as such, I wouldn't change a thing. I love being male, but there are times where I just want to be done up in head-to-toe in in as much feminine finery as possible (which is funny because my male side HATES to get dressed in anything but casual men's wear).

If who I am is a problem for some people on the board, well, they're free to put me on their "blocked" list. I have a bunch of friends here who check in on a regular basis, so I don't CARE if I'm "looked down upon" because I don't have to suffer the same feelings as those who are imprisoned by being born in the wrong gender (and I believe it truly is imprisonment). I look at us CDs as a separate area from those who are "truly" transgendered, and there's room for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by toni_62 View Post
    I'm new here and was a little confused myself when I saw TG's were on here when the masthead says Crossdressers. I'm strictly a CD. I like playing the role of a woman when it suits me. I enjoy pretending to be a woman. I envy a certain type of woman and when I'm in the mood I can be kind of what I envy. I like being able to shift between genders in my head and with my outward appearence.
    Well said...simply agreeing with this comment almost negates my need to chime in on this thread!
    Last edited by Dawna Ellen Bays; 06-29-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nvlady View Post
    I will offically throw my wig in the ring.
    I am a crosdresser. Period. I don't want to transition, I don't want to dress full time, I don't underdress, I don't even want to go outside in anything but my drab clothes.
    I do like the idea of going out while dressed (though I've never done it yet) and I would say the above quote describes me fairly accurately.