Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny story about having pretty toes!

Funny story about having pretty toes!

Like a lot of CDers, I like having my toenails polished. This is a nice way to feel a little femme even when I can't dress. Of course the downside is that shoes or socks have to stay on in the presence of muggles.

So, here's the scene. I'm over at a friend's house, 15 miles from home, helping him work on his car. We're doing manly stuff involving big wrenches and even bigger hammers. It's a hot day here in SoCal and I'm wearing mechanic's overalls so I'm sweatin' like a swine.

We finish the job and my friend says "Hey, let's grab a couple of beers and jump into the spa to cool off!" "Great idea!" I said! A minute or so later I had the sudden realization that "jump into the spa" is invariably preceded by "take off your shoes" and my rather pretty toes (Orly "Sea Shell") were unlikely to go over well. Since I was otherwise in drab, I had no reason to have any polish remover handy.

My brain is now in panic mode. My wife was coming over later and could bring remover, but that wasn't going to help right away, and my friend was already rummaging around looking for a spare set of trunks for me to wear. He went into the house and in a panic I looked around his garage.

Whoever watches over CDers must have been smiling on me because there on the shelf of painting supplies was a blessed can of acetone! I grabbed the can and a paper towel, jumped into my car, ripped off my shoes and attacked the polish, cursing the fact that I had done a beautiful 5-layer polish application that was meant to last. A couple of minutes later the polish was gone and I was able to proceed in full guy mode for the evening.

Lesson learned: A one-ounce bottle of polish remover is now going to be part of the permanent inventory of my purse!
    Last edited by Eryn; 07-03-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Thank God you don't have a bikini top tan line too go with those beautiful toes

Lol!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Platinum Member
    Thats so funny. But I see a fly in the ointment - will you have your purse handy next time you're using big wrenches and hammers?

or when he sawthem painted you could have said i put color on them because i like it.

Only negative comment I ever got from somebody (one of a group of blue collar men) is someone noticing I did a sloppy job that day of applying nail polish on my toenails. Eryn, I think your fear of having someone see your painted toenails is overblown!

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

That's a good story. Many times after work, I'm pulling my boots off in the kitchen and my son is home from work too, and I catch myself starting to pull a sock off when I remember my toenails are red.
    ​Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Thats so funny. But I see a fly in the ointment - will you have your purse handy next time you're using big wrenches and hammers?
    Yes, since I carry one in both modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackiefl View Post
    or when he sawthem painted you could have said i put color on them because i like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Eryn, I think your fear of having someone see your painted toenails is overblown!
    Probably so, but I "leak" badly enough without displaying something blatantly femme in front of my friend. Since this is within my drab community I will err on the side of caution!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Well, it was a quart can and I probably used about an ounce of it. The can was already half-empty and covered with dust so I doubt that the missing ounce will be noticed. Technically, I was a bad boy, but it was for the greater good.

The five layers were ridge filler, two color coats, two top coats.

I used exactly one sheet of paper toweling and got my toes quite clean with it.

And folks who say "just sayin'" aren't really just sayin'!
    Last edited by Eryn; 06-28-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: quotes
    Eryn

That was the funniest thing yet today. You were being watched.

Thank you for sharing and making me smile.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Yes, since I carry one in both modes.

You carry a purse, yet you didn't want your pretty toenail polish to be noticed?
    Last edited by Eryn; 06-28-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    You carry a purse, yet you didn't want your pretty toenail polish to be noticed?
    I knew that one was coming!

My male mode purse is a small messenger bag made by timbuk2 in San Francisco. Made of ballistic nylon in beige and dark purple, it isn't particularly femme.

Pink toes, however, do stand out a bit more!
    Eryn

very funny story. boy scout motto....be prepared
    Ladies and gentlemen.
    Take my advce
    Pull down your panties .......
    And slide on the ice!!!!

Miriam
    My wife solved this one for me. If spotted, I just claim that I let her have some fun with my toes. No one seems to care beyond that, and she always backs the story.

Miriam

I usually just forget and get nice comments about the nail polish and toe ring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great story Eryn! The powers that be had to be watching over you.

You did recycle the paper towel, right?? Car windows were Down, fumes can be dangerous!!!! Love the story LOL

BobbieB
    To Dream of the Person you want to be Is to Waste the Person you are. unknown

And like the song: What doesn't kill you, can't hurt you.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I think Jackie gave the best answer! It is your body, so your toes can be painted if that is what you want!! I have had painted finger nails and toe nails for over 50 years. And many people, inlcuding a lot of my friends, have seen them. If they ask me about them, I just tell them I like them that way. Nobody really cares anyway!! BTW, my fingers are always some shade of pale pink and my toes are usually bright red!! I get mine done at a salon!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I also hide my toes when they are polished. One year when we were on vacation my daughters applied some really pretty pink to my toes when I was napping. Little did they know how much I enjoyed my pink toes! You should have seen them run when I was getting ready to try on new sandals at a shop on the boardwalk! I did have to remove it before we went to the beach, though.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Funny story- not sure what I would of done. I'm usually walking around the house with my painted toenails. if I have to I slip a my sneakers on to hide. The past week or so I did not even do that. I just sat there with the polish on. Even the one girl who usually makes comments did not say a word about it. They were painted red . There is no way she did not see them.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Good thing you saw the Acetone.
    If he's a car guy and does any painting good ole 3812 would have done the trick too...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Only negative comment I ever got from somebody (one of a group of blue collar men) is someone noticing I did a sloppy job that day of applying nail polish on my toenails. Eryn, I think your fear of having someone see your painted toenails is overblown!

John
    Yes, your fear is overblown. Today many guys are wearing nail polish, just google for "men wearing nail polish" and you will see. It is not a big deal.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

My wife has talked me into getting a pedicure once in a while while she has her nails done. They usually ask me if I want clear polish and I say "no". The other day my wife was in the chair next to me and between her and the "girls", they kept kidding me about what color I wanted, did I want a US flag for Independence Day, etc.

I should have taken them up on it but I would have had to get sandals to get back home so the polish wouldn't get damaged and then I would have had some explaining to do this weekend when we go to a friend's house to swim in her pool.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    My wife has talked me into getting a pedicure once in a while while she has her nails done. They usually ask me if I want clear polish and I say "no". The other day my wife was in the chair next to me and between her and the "girls", they kept kidding me about what color I wanted, did I want a US flag for Independence Day, etc.

I should have taken them up on it but I would have had to get sandals to get back home so the polish wouldn't get damaged and then I would have had some explaining to do this weekend when we go to a friend's house to swim in her pool.
    You should go back to the nail salon and get the flag before Independence day. Your friends will love it and it will be a lot of fun.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Good thing you saw the Acetone.
    If he's a car guy and does any painting good ole 3812 would have done the trick too...
    Hey, I would have settled for carb cleaner!

It would have not been the end of the world if they had been seen, but I prefer to keep a reasonable separation.
    Eryn