Thread: It's what we do.

It's what we do.

Many times the question comes up as to just why we crossdress and what we get out of it and sometimes we just kinda shrug our shoulders at whoever asks and can't answer the question. I used to hesitate going to the club dressed so I could dance as that is what I really enjoy doing . My friend told me to get off of it, get out there, get dressed, go to the club and shake my booty and he was right. At that point I decided that there really is no rational rhyme or reason I do it, I just love doing it and have fun. Others who watch me dance enjoy it as well.

I suppose there are many other pursuits we could enjoy but it seems this lot(of us) has decided that for whatever reason or for no particular reason we enjoy dressing up and looking nice. I can't think of anything I'd rather do that is more fun, challenging and creative. What about you?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

From beginning as a sexual fetish, to becoming a creative art. Kate, one of my fantasies, is to go out dancing dressed up, like you do. I just don't know where. I agree. I don't have a quick explanation why.

My crossdressing urges started at puberty, and I might add I am somewhat fetish prone. I consider mine a fetish because for me it's sexually arousing. I have kept crossdressing such a secret there is not really anyone to ask why other than a few online contacts that might have asked. I wish I had the confidence many of you have. Maybe someday I will go out and have the fun I would like to have.

Whenever I'm asked why I crossdress (and the asking is becoming less frequent), I simply say "because it's a part of me and I love who I am". I also enjoy going out in public and dancing in clubs, and nothing feels better than the swish of a skirt or dress and the bounce of boobs as I'm shaking my booty on the dance floor.

Another question I've been asked is if I'll ever stop crossdressing and my answer to that is "yes, when they are shoveling dirt over me'.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Kate,
    is this not the "Million Dollar " question. If this could be answered in one statement all would be good, and the universe's question would be known. But each person has their reasons and each person has there own comfort level. So I think that what it comes down to is , It makes us feel good, each person within their own comfort level. Out and about or just at home, it just does make us feel good and we enjoy the feeling, so we do it.

BobbieB
    To Dream of the Person you want to be Is to Waste the Person you are. unknown

And like the song: What doesn't kill you, can't hurt you.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I enjoy being two people
    ~Samm

Hi,

Maybe iv got to look at what i do. this is about dressing okay. youll know im a woman yet this makes things a little different,

i was never a dresser in how we talk about that here yet i do. sure not in the way you all think though i have brought this up in what i do or the groups im involved in ,

So you know i make my clothes sewing & all & not just my day wear, this of cause is with in our groups lets look at my Renaissance garb, now thats a different style a different time nothing would be like whats worn to day yet i dress in my garb because im at home i enjoy & just does some thing for me, of cause my background goes back to my history, of Prussia & my Lithuanians in the seventh centuy.

You may think far fetched not at all. so you see im dressing or trying to get back to my roots through my dressing hopefully ill be able to find some clothes styles that i can make to wear. would i wear them in public .... OH YES..... i have done with some of my garb now as it is.

so yes im a dresser just i happen to be a woman doing it.....i think its neat....

...noeleena...

What ever trips your trigger! You're only going around once! You might as well enjoy it! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I began at a very young age and as I progress through puberty of course it had a sexual/fetish nature. That carried on until I was in my late 20's and then things began to change. The sexual aspect began to fade and was replaced with a feeling that this was "Natural" for me. I realized that a big part of me was female and that this was how I could express all that I felt inside, even though it was entangled in the fear that I would be discovered and reviled.
    Years later, with an accepting spouse, I am free to be me, free to express the woman inside. While I still keep this a secret from friends and family (something my wife and I agree on) I am able to enjoy myself at last.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I began at a very young age and as I progress through puberty of course it had a sexual/fetish nature. That carried on until I was in my late 20's and then things began to change. The sexual aspect began to fade and was replaced with a feeling that this was "Natural" for me. I realized that a big part of me was female and that this was how I could express all that I felt inside, even though it was entangled in the fear that I would be discovered and reviled.
    Years later, with an accepting spouse, I am free to be me, free to express the woman inside. While I still keep this a secret from friends and family (something my wife and I agree on) I am able to enjoy myself at last.
    Pretty much word for word, just what I would have said. But I would have added, through puberty, just about everything was a sexual fetish! and when I started at around age 6, sex had nothing to do with it!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I suspect that for many of us the answer is we did not choose to be how we are Kate.
    It’s just who we are. No different than being born straight, gay, lesbian, or liking ketchup with our fish and chips.

Personally I love being me. I think I’m super.

Suzy

Wow! Toni_62 nailed it for me. Word for word. Still enjoy the seeing Marlana in the mirror though.

Marlana (and Toni_62) say a lot, but in addition, it's just part of what i do- sort of like identifying with a particular group- sportsmen, professionals, goths... I'm into girls!

It is not a destination, but something that makes me feel better, less need to be harsh or aggressive: remember, it's mostly the males who fight for 'territory' (in humans: the competition to be good and thus attract a mate), you are not required to do this nearly as much as a girl.

I guess part of it might be that I thought girls had it easier when i was growing up, but that's way simplified. I like the way they look, and I like the way they take better care of themselves than men typically do.

It also happens to make a wonderful counterpoint to all of the nasty 'guy stuff' i've had to do for work and otherwise.
    Last edited by Krististeph; 07-01-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    My friend told me to get off of it, get out there, get dressed, go to the club and shake my booty and he was right.
    Kate you party girl, enjoy it all sweetie,heck why not

Thera

Gold Member
    Someone once said that all this Gay, And Transgendered stuff can be blamed on the environment.
    So as an old saying is...."Don't Drink The Water"
    Now you know why you like to dress.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I suspect that for many of us the answer is we did not choose to be how we are Kate.
    It’s just who we are. No different than being born straight, gay, lesbian, or liking ketchup with our fish and chips.

Personally I love being me. I think I’m super.

Suzy
    Haha - I completely agree Suzy!

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, It's who we are and It's what we do.

A good answer would be , If I have to explain it you you probably wouldn't understand it anyway.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Art
    Why would you hesitate? Also, I am sure that you would have no problems in finding a partner!!!

I have agonised over this for most of my life and am no further on... no, not true, I know a lot more about myself. On one level I could say that I am gender challenged and maybe a TS who missed the boat... on another I am minded by the old mountaineering addage... why do you climb mountains? Because they are there! Why do I crossdress? Because I can! Mountaineers do not see it as a hobby. They see it as a way of life and a key orientation for them. I was also lucky enough this year to understand serious bikers, through being at the TT races in the Isle of Man. It is the same. This is not a hobby for them, it is in their blood and they are drawn to it. They can no sooner give it up than a lion can choose to eat carrots. It is in their nature and nature will out!

I am who I am... I am spending my life trying to figure myself out, and on my death bed I will probably think why? I was who I was, why didn't I just accept it and get on with it?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]It's just another damn hobby that I spend money on and obsess over. That's the answer to the million dollar querstion! I win. LOL[/SIZE]

All of you ladies who took the plunge to post on this thread are beautiful. You know that, Right?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When I was in my teens it was girlfriends who wanted to dress me up and put makeup on me, it happend with about 3 or 4 different girlfriends. then it was a sexuall thrill, it was good fun.
    But the more it happend to me the more I began to realise that not only did it feel good it felt right, as I got older and got my own clothes and makeup I dressed because it always relaxed me, made me feel at peace
    made me feel happy with myself.
    its still the same now I finish work come home and get clean then get dressed, its then I can relax put the day behind me and just be me.
    Why do I crossdress, becaus it makes me feel like me