Thread: A advantage to coming out

Gold Member

A advantage to coming out

Of course not everything is an advantage. But I now have a new one. A couple of months ago my daughter wanted to tell my niece and I told her no problem. I then told my niece she could tell her husband and I would be glad to be there if she wanted me to help. Well she told him on her own a couple of weeks ago.

So we have a party this week at my daughters and someone pulls out the Battle of the Sexes game. If you aren't familiar with it, the men and the women are on opposite sides and the men are asked questions women should know and women are asked questions men should know. Of course it is a bit sexist, but it is fun.

So we are going along when we get asked questions and I am trying to not jump out with answers unless I need to. At one point we get asked "Do you use a wand to apply eyeshadow or mascara?". The other guys start guessing and they are leaning towards eyeshadow. I look at my nephew and in a low tone go "it is mascara". He immediately pipes up and goes "Guys it is mascara". Later we get asked "Which doesn't belong" and they list Philosophy and two like products and NYX. The others all have blank stares so I reason through it like a couple of names rung a bell and led them to the answer.

Of course we tied because one of my nieces loves NASCAR and two of them do Fantasy Football. So much for sexist questions.

Has anyone else gotten an advantage with their knowledge?

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I once won Battle of the Sexes because of what I happened to know about shoes and MAC makeup. I was not "out" and not otherwise suspected ...

Platinum Member
    Once in awhile I offer an answer on a 'female interest' question. If I get a query, I just say, if you have been married for over forty years, maybe it's just information I've picked up over the years. Actually, if you pay attention to your wife, you should probably know the answer.

At a pub quiz, I was the only one who knew that the word beginning with "D" used to describe the thickness of women's hosiery is "denier".
    I got a bit of ribbing, but a lot of respect for my "general knowledge".

It has happened too often for me, I get involved in fashion and makeup conversations and it is only my fashion knowledge from photography that lets me off the hook.
    ie." You do not wear an open bottomed girdle with slacks because it gives an ugly line between the legs.
    Wear a pantie girdle it looks tight and neat around the butt."
    What self respecting man would come out with a statement like that amongst ladies.
    I have "Foot in Mouth disease".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    The biggest problem is deciding which team I should be on.

I know I had a lot easier time doing my Christmas shopping this year and my SO finally got the correct size bras as I measured her for them
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    LOL! I love the Battle of the Sexes game. I make no apologies and don't hold back when it comes to answering questions! It's all about the WIN!!! :-)

girly girl
    I love that game too! My GF and I play it sometimes- when I can answer questions about necklines, weddings, cooking, sewing, etc AND questions about cars and computers and things she always cries, "it's not fair playing this game with a crossdresser!" And it really is totally unfair. Can't believe she didn't realize that when we bought the game. I think I would do worse playing as a female and answering the "stuff a guy should know" questions.