Thread: "Out" and Genderfluid

"Out" and Genderfluid

Hi!

I am a new member and I while I have definite similarities with the folks on this board, I also may be different in some ways. I'd like to have sense of how different, and if there are folks who post here whose identity and experience feels similar to mine.
    I identify as genderfluid. To me that means that I am a mixture of male and female qualities that come out at different times, and in different combinations. I sometimes dress masculine (although even then I am way more colorful than most) I sometimes dress androgynous, and sometimes feminine. I am OK blurring the lines at time. I do not need to pass.
    I have always played on the edges of this, but recently (6 weeks ago) decided I was going to be completely out and public as genderfluid. I dress however I feel except when at work, and folks at work, know about my genderfluidity, I just don't dress beyond androgynous there.
    Are there other folks who are out, see themselves as genderfluid, or both?
    By the way, being out is great! I no longer feel like I have a split life, no longer need to worry about sharing my "secret" with a new girlfriend. I know this is different for everybody. I have the advantage of living in a progressive town and having lots of supportive friends.

Welcome Litangel!

I don't know if genderfluid is the right word for me. I like "bi-gendered" as sometimes I am quite comfortable in male-mode and sometimes in female-mode. My everyday dress is probably close to androgynous but I HAVE to wear a suit to work. Whatever you call yourself and however you identify, you are quite welcome here! Out IS great!!!! Secrets suck!

Best and Welcome!
    Debby
    Debby

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    Welcome Litangel!
    Whatever you call yourself and however you identify, you are quite welcome here! Out IS great!!!! Secrets suck!

Best and Welcome!
    Debby
    I second what Deb said,you are welcome here and secrets suck!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Every one is different in many in many ways. I dress in male mode when need be (out in the world.) But would much rather be dressed as a woman any time.If we are different or the same seems to have on meaning here. Your vary welcome here Litangel. Glad to meet you.
    Angie
    Last edited by Angie G; 12-24-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Banned Read only
    Sounds like you've gone past the need to call yourself a CD; and that's OK. You've blurred the lines to your advantage and I think that is way cool. I hope you enjoy life going back and forth without regard to what anyone thinks or says. I personally don't care for the androgynous look, but hey, c'est la vie.

I am trying to spot the difference here?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You may not be as different as you think, although all of us probably have our own unique ways of expressing ourselves. The most important thing is to be comfortable with yourself.

In my daily dress, I try not to see clothing as "mens" or "womens" anymore. Just stuff I will wear and stuff I won't. In that sense, I too am "genderfluid."

Aspiring Member

Welcome Litangel

You will find a LOT of us here that fall under the umbrella rerm of genderfluid. If you have not already done the "required" research; look up the Benjamin scale and Transgender Topics on WIKIPEDIA. While hardly the end of all information it will give you some food for thought, and topics for more research.

For myself I dress in "plain Fem" almost 100%, exceptions are when I'm plowing snow or chainsawing a tree. Being retired I have far more freedom of action. Being CD, GF, TG, or ... is a journey and how you explore the country is your decision. The only rules are to enjoy yourself, don't hurt anyone needlessly, and be safe yourself.

Welcome and best wishes,
    Sandra1746

Thanks for all the feedback, I get now that I am not as different as I think. I had some experiences years ago with a CD/TV group, where it seemed to me they were all doing extreme female personas from the 50's, and I felt pretty different. But I think our community has evolved, and from what I hear on this board, I am just part of a spectrum like everybody else. And I am not the only one who sometimes blurs the feminine/masculine paradigm, although I fully honor those folks who do like to be one of the other at a particular time.
    In short, we are all a little different, and I belong here.