Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QUEER is a beautiful word!

Happy in Satin Nighties Rachel Newark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica27 View Post

A better example of co-opting of a word was the word gay itself. Many young people today are likely competely unaware of its meaning up until the mid sixties of "carefree, lively, happy, etc." In fact different dictionaries provide completely opposite definitions of the word, because of this co-opting of it by the homosexual community. The Webster site above still lists the primary meaning as described above, while the Oxford site lists homosexual as the primary meaning with all others being "outdated" and seldom used. This has not been evolution, but is an interruption of that process.
    As an example " I'm gay every morning, at night I'm still the same" Paralyzed, by Elvis.

Were he still alive, I don't think he'd do that one often.

Yes I know " Elvis is not dead, he just went home " K

Hugs

Rachel
    They're not womans clothes, they're mine. I have receipts !

There is nothing queer about me,I am normal.Love to crossdress and have sex with both male and female,prefeable both at the same time.To me thats normal.

Just my opinion, but to me queer is a 4 letter word.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Newark View Post
    As an example " I'm gay every morning, at night I'm still the same" Paralyzed, by Elvis.

Were he still alive, I don't think he'd do that one often.

Yes I know " Elvis is not dead, he just went home " K

Hugs

Rachel
    Not to mention Stephen Foster's "Old Folks at Home". The second line as originally written was:

"Tis summer, the darkies are gay"

Oops, I did mention it.

Veronica

Yes we are 'gender-variant' -- pehaps a better term. I don't like 'queer', never have. I understand the LGB community has co-opted that term to turn it around.
    Since I live in both worlds, I am not comfortable with it.
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

Queer is the same as calling me gay and I hate being called gay. I've lost jobs because they called me gay. I'd rather be called "a pretty straight crossdresser."

I am totally with you on this. I love the word queer and have no problem being or being thought of as queer. I say embrace it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I was part of a busload[jitney] of "queers" last Saturday going and coming from the local Pride Parade in which we participated in. The word "queer"is how one of the TG community members[a well known drag performer] described the group consisting of drag performers,gay males,gay women,TG's[as I identify],etc. So to me,"queer" may be a good word to describe the opposite to "normal",which is a seetting on a washing machine. The problem really is how many people immediately take up negativity when they hear the word queer as many have already said .