Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best purchase and worst !! Come on don't be shy !

My most useful purchase was breast forms. I have several sets and have one of them on most of the time. But my favorite is the denim skirt I bought a few months ago. It looks great on me, even in (semi-) male mode.

The worst (out of many potential candidates) is a rust colored a-line dress that made me look like a water buffalo. Second worst is anything I bought to look "sexy." That is so not-going-to-happen!
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 07-03-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Best: my favorite blonde wig. close behind: very tall wedges
    Worst: wig, bought, worn once but never again. close behind: cute print tunic that looked great on the catalog model, but bad on me.

Best purchase had to be my forms. Giggles, I had to try them on and give a test drive around the store and the poor sales girls and I had a misunderstanding of what I meant by try them on. I think she thought any minute I was goign to bolt and run out the door as I walked around the store in them.

The worse...anything I tried to buy with out trying on first!

Gold Member
    Tough. For the best, buying a laser contract as Persephone says, rates high. But I also see a make-up lesson as being equally important and they both had to do with facial appearance. I did the make-up lesson when I first started going out and while I have played with the look some, it helped my confidence tremendously from the start.

The worst? There is a many item tie. They pretty much all were spur of the moment purchases I did when in drab and not trying things on. I might have learned my lesson by now. Maybe...

Best: Hiring an Estee Lauder saleswoman from Saks to give me a four-hour tutorial on makeup.

Worst: Buying one of those expensive [simulated female lower anatomy]; it's awful.
    Last edited by Eryn; 07-06-2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Sorry, certain items are not allowed - http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Girls like me just wanna be brides...

My best? Probably my breast forms, or one of two sundresses I bought very recently (one of them is the one in my avatar photo). The dresses are pretty, fit perfectly, and very cool and comfortable in this hot weather. The downside is that they make me even MORE sad that I can't dress every day for work.

The worst? It would be difficult to pick any one thing. I bought a terrible wig once. The only time I wore it outside, EVERYBODY stared at me. Along with that, I've bought several pair of shoes that never fit, or were so badly made that I could never wear them for more than a few minutes. Lastly, when I was first buying things in stores I would feel the need to come home with something, so ended up buying quite a few blouses/dresses/skirts that either just plain did not fit, or were not age appropriate (too young OR too old and frumpy). It took me quite a while to find 'my' fashion and start buying only things that would actually look good on me.

I'm pretty much managed to purge all of those mistakes from my closet.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I think my best was probably the dress I'm wearing in my avatar shot. For $9 I couldn't do any better. The saleslady told me I should have got two. All my good shots of it here.

The worst? Too many things to even count. Some cheap wigs, shoes that look great but don't fit, and all the clothes that have gone to goodwill after totally failing the wife review.

-Bree

Best: Cheerleader uniform from genuine cheerleading uniform company; feels and looks authentic, not to mention made for 'action' so it feels like it will never wear out. Oh, not to mention, real pretty too.
    Worst: Shoes. So hard to tell what will fit, and what won't. Same with bras.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

There are too many BEST items in my big women's clothes collection to list! But generally I treasure:
    1. My 2 same Bob wigs
    2. My collection of real chearleader outfits. Best ones are with bodyliners.
    3. My hard to find collection of REAL Catholic schoolgirl uniforms. I especially have the same skirt as the girls at Josephenum H.S. next by me. I can dress up looking like a schoolgirl from there! When I see them in uniform I know how it feels to be dressed like them!
    4. I have a beautiful, big, and expensive collection of lingerie and skirt suits. Over 120 skirt suits and multiple drawers of lingerie!
    5. I cherish my rare but few collection of long sleeve dresses that look nice and that I can shop in.

My worst purchases were buying dressed from ebay from Chinese sellers. Their picture of the product was a perfect sample, but when you get it it was lesser quality or not the same. Got burned several times so I stopped buying from ebay from China for awhile. Lately I've tried a rare few dresses.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rebecca, Probably my besr and worst could be Shoes & Shoes.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

hey rebecca: my best purchase, ever I suppose, was my first wig. I couldn't believe just how feminine it rounded out my entire look. I am a wigaholic, owning
    well over 35, all black and most full and long. My worst purchase, recently, was the size 12 pumps I purchased from Payless, closed toe with a one inch
    platform, when I knew full well that I could not fit my size 13 + big toes inside of them....This is what happens when your size is out of stock....ouch...dana

Tiffany: what do you think the person who found out he\she had two left-foot shoes felt?

Quote Originally Posted by SANDRA MICHELLE View Post
    Best purchase was 1500 ounces of gold at 390.00 and my worst purchase was my first wedding.
    Yeah my first wedding was my worst as well.
    I have several dresses that i would consider my best but the top of the list would be like many others breast forms sz 10
    Mistybtm

The biggest wow was the first wig I was so lucky to get one that worked right off, immediate major step forward
    Best overall Ill go with Making Faces and/or good makeup brushes, still use both, the most helpfull for the money.

The worst was foundation from the local drugstore, good product but not if you wanted to cover a beard.
    wasted allot of time with it and didnt exactly build my confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccarabbit View Post
    OK Girls fun time !!
    We have all bought things in the bold attempt to feel or become more female! So what was your best investment and your worst..? It could be accessories, clothes anything......we have all done it , myself a few times I am not partial to coming to terms with the odd clanger and the steep learning curve.

I'll start my best is my hair piece, soon to be replaced. My second best was my Slimming World membership it got me in shape. Here goes, my worst was what turned out to be a [simulated female lower anatomy].......please let's not even go there, I don't know what I was thinking of at the time !!!

Love to all Becky x รง
    Ooh, this will be fun!

Best: my first wig. It was gorgeous! Brunette, shoulder-length with and just a TOUCH of red. As soon as I tried it on, I knew it was mine.

Worst: I'm torn on this one. Either my first body shaper, which was one of those spandex jobs that just stretched around all of the things it was there to hide; or it was this red button down blouse in ruched satin with 3/4 sleeves. The sleeves drove me crazy! They kept bunching around my biceps whenever I moved, which brought more attention to them. It was not flattering at all.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    My best would have to be my latest set of breast forms. They have more concavity so my natural breast/chest/titties, set in them. instead of them balancing on top.
    There are many worsts, but I guess the worst was my first 3"+ high heels.
    Impossible to walk in! And forget about going up or down stairs!
    Thrift store here you go.
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

The best purchase I have made related to crossdressing? Hmmm......Well, my long wig, which is slated for replacement some time soon, my breast forms, and my beige pointelle sweater dress all come to mind first, so I'll go with those. It's hard to choose any one of those over the others, but I'd go with the wig if I had to.

The worst? I got this really pretty dress on Ebay, and it turned out to be nothing more than a couple of pieces of sheer fabric stitched together with sleeves attached. Dumb. And I got one of those Chinese corsets you see advertised around, and that turned out to be a dud, too.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    The best is the grey wig I currently wear. The runner up is the general category of any vintage slip at a reasonable bid. Recently I bought a vintage Nancy King black slip for $13.99 and another Nancy King black slip for $6.49, each plus shipping of $3.50.

The worst? A dress I purchased on eBay which was too small, even though the size offered was my size. It had no stretch to the fabric. Which brings up a point. As a youth exploring my cross dressing tendencies, I always tried on my mother's dresses. They always were form fitting with a side zipper. Women actually had hour glass waist lines back then. Anyway, just pondering. All purchases of pretty dresses from eBay that do not fit are my worst purchases.

By far my PALS breast forms are my best purchase! Worst purchase was my first mail order wig. I found out by going into a wig shop and trying on different colors and styles that I actually wouldn't die...I survived to tell about it.

Emma Renee
    best purchase would have to be my three pair of heels, i wear them driving sometimes at night (amazing feeling i love it). worst would have to be the cutest ball gown i have ever seen that reminds me of prom season for my high school. lace up back with side zip and pickup skirt so pretty but probably cant ware it cuz of my SO.

My best purchase was definitely my wig. Every single time I wear it I get wonderful compliments on it. I love it so much that I bought a second one as a back up.

My worst purchase was my very first bra. I had no idea what I was doing and it was way too big. Plus, the cashier literally laughed out loud at me. Protip: don't buy underwear at Dollar General.

Best Purchases Everthing that i have bought and it fit
    The worst Everthing i have bought and did not fit
    I have gotten pretty good at guessing my size and fit but have still made some boo boo's since i am still to chicken to try on clothes at the store
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

best, the thousands and thousands of dollars spent on dresses, skirts, panties, bras, etc.
    worse, see the above

Worst was a trashy pair of shoes at the beginning. Best! my reqular girl, thong panties. No more crossdresser store shopping for me.

Best--Last week i found two kilt type skirts (mini kilts?) At a thrift store. They are really cute and they fit.
    Worst--Anything i have purchased thinking that it will fit perfectly after I lose some weight.