Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Visit what to wear

Doctor Visit what to wear

I am looking for a new doctor dont like the one I have now as I have not even been there in probley 6 years my problem is I only own panties I dont even own male stufff any more. DO i wast my money and buy THAT MALE CRAP) for one visit or do I brave it and ware what I have. I aslo want to go to a female doctore insted of a male doctor any one have any suggtions

nope, your doctor should not care what you wear on the outside, they should only be interested in what you are like inside. I usually wear my cutest panties
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

When you schedule your visit with a primary care physician, tell them of your request. They don't need to know why. If it's something you want to talk about with that PCP, you do so during the visit.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

The obvious solutiuon..... just go comando!! Lol. Personally I don't care what I wear but what I don't want I what I'm wearing to distract the doctor from addressing the reason I'm there... My health is more important than what ever I am or am not wearing...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    A few years back, my wife convinced me to go with her to her chiropractor appointment. I hemmed and hawed, but I finally went. I was having some back distress and my wife thought her doctor could help me. However, I forgot the I was wearing lavender panties until the doctor told me to get up on the table face down and undo my belt and pants at the waist. He never missed a beat and continued with his treatments. After about 15 minutes his receptionist and helper walked in. He immediately pulled the back of my pants up a couple of inches to make sure that everything was covered. My guess is that this wasn't his first trip to the rodeo. Sadly, he passed away this past winter...

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    The only time that I don't wear panties to my doctors office is if my daughter is with me. She is a registered Nurse so will accompany me right into the doctors office. She knows that I am a CD, but doesn't want to see what I wear. The doctor also knows that I am a CD. Most health people don't care about your clothing!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Platinum Member
    Just echoing the advice of others. Wear what you like.

I agree with Kim! My last visit I wore a dress! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Lots of physicians will have no problem with your gender, shall we say, differences, but lots of them also will, and you won't know who until it's too late. Best to either: 1. wait for a referral from someone here or if there's a CD support group near you, ask them, or 2. just stop thinking about it as 'male crap' and wear it when you have to, to avoid making your life any more complicated. I don't like wearing male clothing either; I do it so the rest of my life goes with as little confrontations as possible. I know that there are many people that just live for getting up in people's faces, and love debate and drama. I don't. BTW, there are plenty of female doctors that will think you're bizarre just like there are male ones (I'm in 'the industry', and get to hear what doctors think about their patients first hand). Being female doesn't necessarily make them more receptive to the idea of a male in girl's clothing being normal. Ask any guy here who's wife wasn't particularly thrilled with the idea of him being 'girly'. I think of my male clothing just as any other 'uniform' that people have to wear for work. It's not my choice, it represents my employer. When I go home, I get to dress the way I want to. Perhaps think of male clothing that way, as a uniform that you sometimes need to wear for particular chores, such as oh, a deep diving suit would be needed to go deep underwater. It doesn't define who you are; it defines simply what you need to do for the appropriate occasion, no less, no more.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Do you even disrobe anymore for a doctor's visit? I haven't had to do that for my annual physicals for the last 4-5 years. They lift up the top if necessary, poke into ears, nose, mouth etc.

Unless you have a problem that involved your lower portion, I don't think you need to worry

-stephani

Shikha
    I would encourage you to listen to your inner voice. That being said, I also realize that it takes some courage which I probably don't have at the moment. But have faith in yourself and I think everything will turn out to be fine. I think most people don't care about these things too much these days, people are open minded than they used to be.
    Cheers, Shikha.

So you wear panties to the doctor. Do not disrobe in front of the nurse regardless of what he or she says. When the physician comes in, if he or she asks you, take everything off. If the doctor keeps on going, you have a new physician. If the panties are a stumbling block, go to another physician. You can count this as a medical opinion as well.

I had a cold and the doctor's office took me right away. I forgot I was wearing a cute pair of VS string bikinis. I have a young female doctor and I'm sure she saw them from the back while examining me (the waistband has Victoria's Secret embossed all the way around). She just smiled at me and didn't miss a beat.

Don't know that I'd wear something too sexy and lacy. A pair of conservative panties shouldn't be an issue.

Gold Member
    If you are worried about what the doctor might say and you have the nerve for it, just ask on the first visit. Say how you feel inside and gauge his reaction. That puts it out of the way quick and will end your worrying. It is good to know a doctor is looking out for you and if you don't get a bad reaction, then you are gold. The alternates are to keep going in your existing underwear and see what happens or start scanning Michael Jordan advertisements.

Well went for my DOT physical for work and had on black panties. Forgot about DR appointment what was done. Had on socks (covering my red toes!) and hospital gown. After all else was checked out it was stand up , drop those drawers and lets check for hernia . NO problems and the DR was a he. And was a DR I had never seen before. LOL

BobbieB
    To Dream of the Person you want to be Is to Waste the Person you are. unknown

And like the song: What doesn't kill you, can't hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Lots of physicians will have no problem with your gender, shall we say, differences, but lots of them also will, and you won't know who until it's too late.
    and if they have a problem you just get a new physician, it isn't like there is a dearth of doctors out there. They should never have their personal feelings become part of your medical care, that isn't what they get paid for. Any doctor that does have an issue with your personal life should be reported to the medical board. They should only be involved in what is a medical issue. Morality is left to the theologists. Mental health is for the psychologists. Your underwear is your personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura912 View Post
    Do not disrobe in front of the nurse regardless of what he or she says.
    Huh? I have never had any medical person watch me undress (not since my Army physical and if I had known then that panties would have got me out....). But my Doctor's nurse has always directed to what level of undress I need to be in before the Dr. shows up (and there is always a gown). The statement above is true as stated, you should not undress in front of a medical person. I would expect that even a doctor would leave the room or put you behind a curtain to undress. It is just professional and it is etiquette. I have found it is difficult to check prostates and hernias when you are dressed.

Think this way, does it matter if you wear boxers or briefs? White or colors? Spongebob Squarepants? Lace or cotton? Longjohns? Union suit? Commando (like Karren said). None of these things is pertinent to your physical health (even think T-shirt vs button down shirt). If your doctor has an issue with how you dress THEY need to remove themselves from you. They have a job, they are not there to preach your ethics or morality. Even if you said you liked having unprotected sex (smoking, eat fatty foods, high salt, skydive without a parachute, drive 100mph without seat belts) , they should only suggest you think it over and be careful. It isn't their call to tell you how to live, they are there to support and help direct. If you want to share that you are TG, that is your call too. They may ask questions they believe are pertinent to that (such as your sexual proclivity, do you believe you are TS, is it an issue with you?).

Once again I see that I must live a lucky life. If my doctor preached at me on morality or lifestyle, they would be my EX doctor.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Do you own anything that's white, and plain, and cotton? If you do, the odds are very high that they wouldn't even notice, even if said undies lacked a fly. If you insist on wearing black and frilly, they might notice, but they wouldn't care, and they certainly would not comment!

Unless your being checked for a venereal disease, prostatitis, hemorrhoids, or a rupture/hernia, can't even imagine why they would need to see what you are wearing around your genitals. Normally if they are going to be looking at your Bod that closely, they have you wear a gown, and usually sans underwear.

I suspect that your trip to your new Doc is going to be pretty undramatic, at least as far as your concerns go. The fact that you haven't been checked for six years might be another matter. That's a long time with no medical attention, and things can get very screwed up. Rather than worry about your underwear, be concerned about your health. That, is what's important!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 07-05-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Gold Member
    Just wear some crotchless panties and if you have to strip down, tell the doctor you like the sound of rubber gloves snapping. That should be fun
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Out of curiosity, why does it matter to you whether your doctor is male or female?

Well, you could compromise. Wear boyshorts!

Seriously, a lot of panties look remarkably like men's fashion underwear. I have some Vanity Fair hiphuggers in dark gray that could easily have been sold on the men's side of the aisle as men's bikinis. Comfy too!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I'm a veteran and my health provider is the VA. All I own are panties and wear them to my appointments. Nobody at the VA seems to care what I' wear under my clothes and I don't think your doctor would either.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieC View Post
    Do you even disrobe anymore for a doctor's visit? I haven't had to do that for my annual physicals for the last 4-5 years. They lift up the top if necessary, poke into ears, nose, mouth etc.

Unless you have a problem that involved your lower portion, I don't think you need to worry

-stephani

There's a few things to consider. First off, any regular physical should include an abdominal exam (look, listen, tap (percuss), feel (palpate)). Poke and prod down there and things becomes visible depending on the angles involved.

Next, remember that disease cares about the factory installed equipment. The TG man who gave birth a couple of times a few years ago? Yep, nothing special as he still had the original equipment in place (any TG men reading this, you need an OB/Gyn until they're removed. Cervical cancer cares about the presence of a cervix, not what your gender is). If you have a prostate, you should expect (demand) a prostate exam after a certain age. Any major GI problems and then some, expect a rectal exam (a large part is to check for blood that can't be seen by the naked eye ("occult blood"), which can be done in office). This isn't limited to just lower GI issues as stomach issues such as ulcers can lead to bleeding.

Maybe it's because I'm still a student , but I don't really tend to notice what exactly my patient is wearing. Of course most of the time they're wearing nothing under the gown (inpatient setting) anyways, but I'm more concerned about getting what I need to get than what's being worn.

Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    Out of curiosity, why does it matter to you whether your doctor is male or female?
    I would hope that a female doctor might be more accepting

Quote Originally Posted by LIKETODRESS2 View Post
    I would hope that a female doctor might be more accepting
    they certainly have smaller hands. I don't know if they are more accepting, have you read the stories about SO's here? Since every person that has done any of my medical care have been female and not one has ever said anything bad (in fact they find it interesting almost to the point where I feel self conscious but I love the attention).
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Just wear some crotchless panties and if you have to strip down, tell the doctor you like the sound of rubber gloves snapping. That should be fun
    As far as what to wear my only question: Is he cute?
    Proud Daughter of the South
    http://www.facebook.com/loren.smith.581