Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaving off an old friend

Shaving off an old friend

I have be wresiling with this for years.
    I have had a mustache for over 30 years and I just can't seam to convince my self to shave it off. I know it can grow back......must be mental ?
    Any body have the same type hesitance in there past ?
    My wife has never loooked upon my face with out a mustache

Thanks
    [SIZE="3"] Robin[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    I went about 25 years with mine other than some official military photos. I was actually ready to dump it and my wife gave me the impression she wanted to keep it. An impression that was incorrect as she just didn't want stubble. I went from shaving it off to make-up to going out in a manner of a few months. Like you said, you can grow it back. What do you have to lose other than the time at work when everyone asks you why and you say because?

I had one as well for the first 25 years of marriage. When I finally cut it, I was thrilled, and so was the wife. But my male side kept saying grow it back, so I would for a bit. After 2 years of back and forth, I finally said "no more" and have been without one for over five years now. Wish I would have been smart enough to look into laser, but there is more white than dark anymore and not woth the expense.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I think you will find it much easier to get into en femme, w/o the stache.
    and you will want to do it more also.
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Had mine for 30 years and haven't missed it since I shaved it off 2 years ago

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinkay View Post
    I have be wresiling with this for years.
    I have had a mustache for over 30 years and I just can't seam to convince my self to shave it off. I know it can grow back......must be mental ?
    Any body have the same type hesitance in there past ?
    My wife has never loooked upon my face with out a mustache

Thanks
    Hello Robin
    MY wife met me without any facial hair and after some years I grew a beard which turned into a goatee and had that for several years, 14 years in fact. Then one day I decided to shave it off and my wife and my children( especially my kids since the had never seen me without facial hair) just could not believed how different I looked. Needless to say they all wanted my hair back so I grew it back and then shaved it again and grew it back. Right now my face is as clean as a babys bottom and everyone seems to be at ease with it since they know I can grow it back anytime.

Thera

I shaved a full beard on the fourth! I'm so glad I did! I'm getting ready to go out and I want to pass and it is really hard with a beard! Who wants to be known as the bearded lady! I do understand as I had my beard for the last 12 years! I would do it againd!!!! Loves Ronda!

Mine left 9 years ago... After 33 years. My wife asked me why... Told her it was time for a change... She found out how big a change 2 years later. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I had a full beard for most of the 80's and all of the 90's. Shaved it off in 2005. Started electrolysis in 2007 (with my wide's OK). I've gotten to the point now of not caring for any hair at all. I never had a problem shaving it off for a.month or two. I mostly kept it because I hated shaving. Hopefully I will get to the point where I don't have to shave at all.
    Sally

I had a moustache and stuff for over 30 years too. It was my male disguise. It just doesn't look right with a dress on. When people asked I told them it was time for a change. Most comments were "you look younger". Anyways, it'll grow back if need be.

My neighbor that overindulges didn't recognize me while walking my dog but she was a bit foggy at the time.lol. I had to tell her the dog she was talking about up the street that looked just like mine was the dog she was looking at. So she didn't recognize my dog either.

Oh and she pets my dog every day.lol.
    Last edited by Marleena; 07-06-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: more info

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    When I saw SHAVING OFF AN OLD FRIEND, shades of Wayne Bobbitt ran through my head.
    Thankfully, it was only about facial hair.

Never really had major facial hair as an adult, only a bum fluff moustache when I was 14/15 years old, so I'm from the opposite end of the spectrum.
    To my mind, the biggest advantage is it's healthier and experiencing skin to skin contact with someone else, is surely one of the greatest human pleasures.
    However, it is a startling change for everyone when facial hair is removed for the first time.

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I've had a mustache and even full beard just a couple of years ago while I was integrating all of my feelings. It was all part of my "growing up" as a full spectrum person. I'm pretty much grown up now and pretty much amalgamated with my feelings and emotions. As a mature person I have realized that I am essentially female and that is my future direction. I never forget the past but forge my own future. Even so, the facial hair has to be a personal choice as we, and no one else deteremine who we are in the end.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I had a stache while I was in my 20's 30's! Kept on for about ten years! One day I decided I had enough of it and been shaving ever sense!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My GF had a fit when I shaved my head years back, selfish as it is, I didn't care and have had it shaved every since. For the last 8 months my body has been completely hairless. I don't even think she notices.

Basically, it is your body/face. shave it if you want or don't. Like most have said, if you shave anything and it does bother you or such, it will alwas grow back.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Gone around 15 years. Don't miss it a bit. Heck give her someone new LOL.

BobbieB
    To Dream of the Person you want to be Is to Waste the Person you are. unknown

And like the song: What doesn't kill you, can't hurt you.

I wore a mustache for 30 years.

After shaving it off several of my acquaintances said, without prompting, "Wow, you really look younger without the mustache!"

I then realized that the 'stache wasn't really my friend after all!

That's when I decided to do laser and now, electrolysis.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Have also been thinking about shaving my goatee. I do once in a blue Moon but since I have been getting more and more urges to dress my motivation has changed and want to see how I looked dressed with out it.. I am always looking like a hairy faced lady.. Also always have to wear high necked shirts because chest hair. But I guess one thing at a time.

Platinum Member
    Way back in the 70's I had full facial hair but somehow the bearded lady in the circus just wasn't cutting it anymore.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I had a full beard for 25 years. One day I looked at how white it had become, and off it went. Never grew it back, and that was 4 years ago.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Beards, mustache, - I never could grow sideburns. The only times I've had facial hair in the last 30 years was when I had a SO that wanted it. If I ever become someone's SO again, that person will have to live with a bald face with traces of lipstick from the night before.

Start by trimming it ultra short with comb and scissors. Then take the big step when you're ready.

I had a mustache then a gotee and sometimes a beard off and on for at least 30 yrs .About 2 years ago i decided thats it i really don't care what anyone thinks i shaved everthing off and have been clean shaven ever since .It has actually made me happier
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

don't have and never did have enough wiskers to grow a bread or mustache i only had to shave once a week until i was 55 now i have to shave 3 times a weekHugs Ronda
    hugs
    Ronda

Since my late teens i have grown a beard and when it getd to be a pain in the neck to trim it, i shave it off. I do the same thing now, although i tend to shave it off for longer. But the whiskers help to hide my labret piercing for work, although it interferes with makeup application at night. But i try to balance things so I can be all I can be some weekends, like this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I've had a full beard for almost 10 years now. The best I can say about it is that it gave me a good excuse to use the pic I did as my avatar here - a 15 year old pic. But I've been itching to shave the beard, then head straight for a Mac store, get a full makeover, get dressed, and let Linda see the world again.

Oh, and my hair is now as long as it was in my avatar pic, but with lots of gray, and very thick and wavy. I don't want to cut it before getting back out again. And who knows how long I'll be able to grow thick hair?
    Last edited by Linda Stockings; 07-06-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Another thought

Silver Member
    You could trim the mustache, and use wax and some heavy concealer to hide it (like Jim bridges used to do, I don't know how passable it would be up close though); some people use a similar trick to hide bushy eyebrows.