Thread: Going to Atlanta GA - can U recommend places to shop at?

Banned Read only

Going to Atlanta GA - can U recommend places to shop at?

Hello everyone - Thankgiving will be a 4 day weekend holiday for me, and I decided to visit Atlanta, GA. Can anyone of you recommend places to go to for shopping in Atlanta? Can you give me specific addresses that I can Mapquest for directions? I don't know where most of the good malls are.

If there are good places to shop at along the way from Chicago IL to Atlanta Ga I'd like to know them too !

Jesse,

There are loads of places to shop in this town. Here are a few highlights:

Perimeter Mall - Major stores include Dillards, Macy's, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales. There's also a MAC cosmetics store there that many of our local CD's go for makeovers. The mall is also accessible by MARTA (the local rapid rail system)

Lenox Square - Major stores include Macy's, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus. Also accessible by MARTA

Discover Mills - A large enclosed outlet type mall in Gwinnett County. You can even find size 12 womens shoes there. The Southern Comfort Conference even ran a shopping bus out there for participants. There is also a movie theater that is good to go to. You will need to drive to get there.

I've been to all these places enfemme several times, so I know they are OK. There are websites that have full info on these malls. Let me know if you need more info. I hope you enjoy yourself while in town.
    Phoebe

Jessie,
    You can also visit the [B]MALL OF GEORGIA[B] it is the largest mall in the Southeast. but take comfortable shoes as it is a lot of walking. For Mapquest it is on Buford Drive in Buford,Ga. Take I85N to Exit 115 and the mall is within view.
    Hugs
    Brenda

Banned Read only
    Thanks for the reply, but I think Atlanta should have more large malls on their list. Like I can think of 6 large sized malls around and in Chicago, not including Downtown and Michigan Ave.

I'll try to Google those malls tomorrow.

Stores that are also in Chicago that you named were Nordstrom, Bloomingdale, MAC, and Neiman Marcus. I don't think Dillard's and Macy's are in Chicago, and I would really like to look at the stores that are not found in Chicago.

Also, I would be interested in trying the fast food that's not in Chicago. I don't care if I gain a little weight.

Just a thought, Why could'nt you hook up with some girls from that area and have a girlie shopping spree while you are there, they would know where all the best shops are.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

There is also a factory outlet mall on I95so.not far from the NC SC border cant miss it really big it will be on your right hand side going south, nice harley showroom there also (if you like bikes)

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

Jesse, there are a lot more large shopping malls around Atlanta than the ones listed. It's all a matter of how much time (and money) you have and what sort of things you are shopping for. You can easily spend half a day in each of the bigger malls. Besides the malls there are many specialty shops all over the area. And in regard to the same stores as you have in Chicago, remember that there will be different merchandise in the ones in Atlanta, due to differences in climate and clientelle. There are even major differences between what is carried in a particular department store (such as Macy's) between different malls in the same city. And there's no shortage of fast food around here, both in the malls and near them. If you are staying at one of the better hotels in town, the concierge can usually direct you to some good places to shop.
    Phoebe

Underground Atlanta

When I went to Atlanta, I really enjoyed going to Underground Atlanta. It's got some great little stores and they're extremely reasonable on pricing. I was there for a weekend, and went to the Underground every day. I also travelled to a couple of malls, don't remember exactly where they are but I know that there is PLENTY of shopping to do in Atlanta
    [SIZE=2]For those that wanted me to come up with my own unique name.....
    You can just call me........

SILK
    [/SIZE]