Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great news from my wife!

Platinum Member
    Bree, this is great. I'm glad to see your wife's attitudes evolving. It speaks well for both of you. As your experience suggests, it seems thatif you let things take their own course, and continue to fulfill your responsibilities within your relationship, that you can anticipate ever growing acceptance. As for your child - Deebra's comments may reflect her experience but are in no way representative. We've seen many illustrations, on this site, of kids who are very loving and supportive of their CDing parents.

Banned Read only
    I stand by what I said and appreciate the others that agreed with me. CD'ing is not "the norm" in our society or accepted by our society, everyone in this forum should know that. Go back and look at Bree"s picture when she was outed by a woman coming out of the dressing room, the woman recognized her as a man and the picture she posted clearly shows a man in a cheap wig. Bree should get some professional help with makeup and a wig that fits her face. Now to Jenniferathome, you recently wrote a thread that said no matter how good we think and convince ourselves that we are passable women; we aren't. You also said smething to the effect that upclose and talking 99 out of 100 don't pass, and I think your thread was honest,true and right on the money. I think Bree has convinced herself she is passable and to lay this misconseption on young children is wrong, wrong wrong.

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    Very lucky you, make sure you treat her to a new outfit

Well, a huge "Thank You" to all of you who understood what this post was about. It's all been about a huge step in the relationship between my wife and I and the part that crossdressing plays in it. My wife has done an amazing and totally selfless thing completely for me. I will love her forever.

In fact, she took another step for me today. I'll put it up in a new thread.

This is not about my ability to pass, what I look like, telling children, or the relationship I have with my daughter. I've expounded on these things in plenty of other threads and I'm sure I'll continue to do so. I'd consider these topics closed in this thread.

All the best,
    Bree

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    I stand by what I said and appreciate the others that agreed with me. CD'ing is not "the norm" in our society or accepted by our society, everyone in this forum should know that. Go back and look at Bree"s picture when she was outed by a woman coming out of the dressing room, the woman recognized her as a man and the picture she posted clearly shows a man in a cheap wig. Bree should get some professional help with makeup and a wig that fits her face. Now to Jenniferathome, you recently wrote a thread that said no matter how good we think and convince ourselves that we are passable women; we aren't. You also said smething to the effect that upclose and talking 99 out of 100 don't pass, and I think your thread was honest,true and right on the money. I think Bree has convinced herself she is passable and to lay this misconseption on young children is wrong, wrong wrong.
    Crossdressing isn't about passing. Period. It's about loving who you are and not living a life of secrecy due to people who voice their opinion poorly like yourself. It is scientifically proven healthier for the kids to find out at an early age. This thread is about good news. Don't rain on someone's sunny day. You know what I see when I look at the pic you are talking about? I see a beautiful sister of mine. It doesn't matter if someone is only wearing a dress. Again, beauty has many forms. I"m proud of what the OP has accomplished and hope she continues. Leave her alone if you don't have anything good to say.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Bree Wagner View Post
    What changed for her? I'm not totally sure, but it may be a a few things. Maybe it's just been time and things are becoming a bit more 'normal' for her. She also said that I wasn't playing fair by meeting interesting people that she would also like to meet.

I love my wife! What a big change. We'll see how it goes.
    Congratulations!

I'm guessing that she wants to be involved because she is beginning to see how important it is for you (more than just a hobby), and she wants to understand it. I'm also guessing that she wants to know who you're with when you go out dressed. I know that I very much wanted to know in the beginning as well.

If she has been reluctant to see you in a wig so far, then you might want to suggest that she join this forum to join FAB. She might appreciate talking to other SO's whose husband crossdress.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica86 View Post
    Crossdressing isn't about passing. Period.
    I don't think anyone can say what crossdressing is about or isn't about because the definition changes depending on the person doing the defining. What is crossdressing for me may not be crossdressing for you and vice versa. And then there are the thousands of other people with their own definitions.

BTW: For me, crossdressing is about passing. Looking and acting like a female. Being seen by those who don't know otherwise as a female. But, that's just my definition for me.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I'm so Happy for you Bree congrats on the big change ,acceptance is wonderful and very difficult for some wives. You are one fortunate Girl!