3 0.57%
  • I don't know

29 5.47%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Classify Yourself?

Departed

How Do You Classify Yourself?

What category fits you best?

1. Transvestic Fetish: You find sexual arousal in items of clothing, but do not fully dress as a woman.
    2. Crossdresser: You enjoy dressing fully as a woman but are happy with your life as a male.
    3. Transgender: You feel the desire to live as a woman but also need to live as a man.
    4. Transsexual: You wish to transition to female and have no desire to live as a male.

Hmmm....this one's actually a toughie. See, I crossdress, but I also find myself on a daily basis thinking often what it would be like to be a woman in this world, to greet each day as a female, and to interact with people as a woman. I think how unfair it is that this gender "gift" has come into my life, and become such a big part of it, all the while being denied the societal right to present as I would really like to, as a woman.

Yet, I have a full life as a man. I am very active, enjoy tools, golf, sports. I have many interests that are primarily male-oriented. That's not to say that there aren't women in the world who hold these same interests, but the truth is that they are things that men are interested in a whole lot more than women are.

So........crossdresser or transgendered....in between? I'd love to live as a woman, but I need to live as a man. There. Transgendered. Wait, I changed my mind again.....oh, whatever.
    Last edited by TGMarla; 11-16-2005 at 01:10 AM.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    [SIZE=3]I chose transsexual as i wish i was born a girl. I don't think i'll ever go through with it transitioning though for many reasons. If there is such thing as reincarnation hopefully i'll get lucky next time.[/SIZE]

Wink I chose...

It took me a while to firgure it out.. but in the end I love to be fully dressed, but love my life as is.

Banned Read only
    Most definitely a crossdresser.
    I'm heterosexual, I love women, and I'm happy being Andy.
    I also love wearing womens' clothing and trying (with varying degrees of success) to create a feminine appearance.
    When I'm in drag I'm happy being Angela.
    I can't remember not feeling this way.
    And I can't imagine not feeling like this.

Love Angela XX

(And a kiss from Andy as well even though I'm wearing a blouse and skirt!)

My outlook had changed over the years as I have goyyen better at dressing and make-up. Also have had an ongoing brain change as things I would have not considered applicable to me now seem perfectlY normaL. It started out as as a fetish, using just nylons and hees and panties. Then I became a crossdresser as I used cosmetics, a bra with breast forms, full clothing, jewelry, perfume, nail polidh and a ewig. At that time I would have considered myself a crossdresser. After a while i started I started using toys and fantasies to simulate sexual situations, and lastly, my present state transgender. When dressed I fully consider myself feminine and want everything a woman can do and feel. Going out, entertaining, being the best woman I can be. I think it is too late for transexual now. If I were younger and knowing what I do know - both in attitude, experience, mind set and what is available out there in the world I would definitely be transgender. I would love and enjoy living full time as a woman.
    Dawn

Interestingly no fetishists out there. I guess they would find little use in a forum like ours. It would be interesting to also correlate this with age and also freedom of expression. I believe the freer we are to explore our TG side the more we are drawn into it and develop stronger emotional ties with our better half.

Tranvestic Fetish

I think we are here just quieter in this forum..

Intrigued by the full extent of the the spectrum.

Home Business Executive mellisa's Avatar
    I do not dress to be a woman, but to enjoy the looks and feel of the fabric of women's clothes. Ijust think it is wrong that society thinks it's OK that women can wear anything, and men cannot. My wife loves me and accepts everything about me. Putting on a dress, nylons,pumps, and lots of jewelry is fun and very relaxing, very very relaxing!!! I dress with good fashion sense, and look good as a man in a dress. I hope someday I can go to the store in a nice long, comfy skirt and sandels with pink toe nails. Didn't realize I wasn't a crossdresser. Never heard of the fetish category. Let me know what you girls think, Mellisa
    best when dressed for the office

I used to think of myself as a cross dresser, but over the years the more i dress the more i long to be sophie all the time, so i guess this makes me a transsexual, im even starting talking to the doctor about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla
    Hmmm....this one's actually a toughie. See, I crossdress, but I also find myself on a daily basis thinking often what it would be like to be a woman in this world, to greet each day as a female, and to interact with people as a woman. I think how unfair it is that this gender "gift" has come into my life, and become such a big part of it, all the while being denied the societal right to present as I would really like to, as a woman.

Yet, I have a full life as a man. I am very active, enjoy tools, golf, sports. I have many interests that are primarily male-oriented. That's not to say that there aren't women in the world who hold these same interests, but the truth is that they are things that men are interested in a whole lot more than women are.

So........crossdresser or transgendered....in between? I'd love to live as a woman, but I need to live as a man. There. Transgendered. Wait, I changed my mind again.....oh, whatever.
    I couldn't have put my feelings down better Marla.

Gemma xx

It is quite a tough question this as the others have already said.

After my thought I have voted as a cross dresser...though bordering on transgender!
    Sally...xx

My flickr pages

Classic Lingerie Lover

Happy Hetero Crossdresser

Hi everyone,

I'm happily a "Crossdresser", am glad I'm a male and I love women. I wouldn't want to be a gg except as a temporary thing just to really see and feel what being a woman is all about. As if we will ever know what they're all about.

I love getting fully dressed whenever the opportunity arises, even if only for an hour or two.

Love, Cathy
    [SIZE=5]Cathy[/SIZE]

I'm just a cross dresser, who loves women's clothes more than man's! Yes I waer a long wig at home and out side even at work. I'm not gay, never had a man in bed never been looking for one! May be the next time I come bacit will be as a wonderful woman.........Please God!!
    Love as always Jasminexxxxxxxx

Ah-May-Lee
    I voted, "I don't know"

The closest label that fits my lifestyle would be "Travesti". I have known a few Travestis and they seem to have similar traits to me.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Platinum Member
    i voted i don't know...see i soooooooo know that i have this huge fem side (supprized??) and i got this "him" side, one thing veary clear to me is it is true that i love being wendy (it's realy me) but somehow that "him" side dose fit in now .. see i spent so much time just trying to hide my fem side that i grew to hate the "him" side. then i spent so much time loveing my fem side once i let her out . at one time i thought that the only way to be happy was to just get rid of "him", that caused so much conflict that i thought ok the best thing i can do is get rid of my fem side ...i mean what was i ?? was i a cd? was i a tg?? was i a tv?? or could i be a ts?? all too confuseing for me....
    perhaps i was just a freak....after a long time of trying to find the right lable something that i could fit in right .. could i be totaly happy just being "him"? no way. would i be happy just being her?? who knows ...maybe icould maybe i would not be... then when i decided that i was not happy with any of them lables i thought why not just be me??? omg that simple just be me so thats what i am me and that makes me happy....dose that sound right????

I am a crossdresser I like dressing as a woman and wearing different outfits there is no way that I would pass but I try to give it my best shot.
    For the most part I also am happy in my male body I don't like the turmoil that my dressing has caused but you have to live with the good and the bad nothing in life is fair or easy.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

Based on the definitions provided, I suppose that I would have to say that I'm a "Crossdresser" because I definitely enjoy fully dressing up like a woman on a more or less regular basis but I have no desire to LIVE as a woman (part-time or full-time) or actually become a woman (SRS). However, I also define myself as "Transgendered" because, psychologically, I don't consider myself to be male or female. Also, I define myself as "Transgendered" to express solidarity, both socially and politically, with other individuals like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie
    What category fits you best?

1. Crossdresser: You enjoy dressing fully as a woman but are happy with your life as a male.
    2. Transgender: You feel the desire to live as a woman but also need to live as a man.

That was a tough choice. Earlier in life I would have easily picked crossdresser but as I get older and more comfortable with it I have an increasing desire to spend as much time as possible as a woman.
    I chose transgender.

Hugs
    Last edited by KatieZ; 11-16-2005 at 07:19 AM.
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

je ne sais pa

I'm somewhere between TF & CD, I think. I do go so far as to wear a full ensemble, but I never try to pass or go out dressed as a woman. However, I do sometimes fantasise about being female, but that's a purely sexual thing. In everyday life, I'm completely happy to be male.

This was a hard question, but a good one. I had to think about my overall life and right now, I am still happy to live as a man. That does not mean that I have not wondered what it would be like to live as a GG. The woman inside me is still emerging and becoming her own "persona".
    So what am I? A crossderesser or transgendered? I vote Crossdresser, but I am probally both right now.
    Andi

I voted transgender, it's the closest to how I feel about myself. However I don't feel the "need" to be man, it's more like I have resigned myself to being one because at my age it's a little late to start life over and try to make a living as a woman but mostly because I have a wonderful partner that I would probably loose. I'm not obsessed with the thought of transitioning so I am definitely not TS.

transsexual is now I would name myself

michellejean
    i am a crossdresser.but #1 is apart of me and# 3 is apart of me also.