Thread: Living as a woman

Living as a woman

I'm just curious, what is the hardest part about living as a woman at first? And do some things get easier as you get used to dressing as a girl?

Aspen

My dearest Aspen. There are almost way too many things about living as a woman even in today's society that it would take an encyclopedia to enumerate them. Even today in many circumstances women are not accepted as equals not to mention the added costs involved. As for the clothes that is just a miniscule part of being a woman.

Finding a bra that is comfortable LOL.

Hi,

Depends on wether your born a female , or not, & wether your hard wired as one, again or not.

I can answer to both first parts as being a yes, because im a bit different i really had no problems being accepted in to socity. on the whole as a woman .

It took a few years to work out where i needed to fit in & who with, that i have done, women only groups , & some mixed, all have interests that i enjoy. this is part of my life ,

my ( hardest ) part was would i be acceped that was my fear of not being accepted. first as a person & then as a female / woman.

Im allmost 65, i had years of not really being accepted because of issues iv had not as wether im male / female , it was just my lack of confindence selfworth how i looked & other isues i had to contend with.
    quite a few as its been, & yes still are .

Im a female at birth with a male side as well. intersexed, so some of us face other issues & working through them can be very hard,

Im accepted as a normal woman im a member with many others, our membership is 1000 people so if i was not accepted then i would not be a member of these groups,

Liveing as a woman at first,

i could ask whats it like liveing as a male, i dont know i never related to males i tryed to keep my distance from them , yes i worked under them yet was not a part of / or with them.

Does not mean to say i did not have some lovely men around me very few yet they were nice towards me ,

The other part was how i was percived yes as a boy / male , yet i could not as i can & do now was express my self as a normal female / woman that was hard very very hard.

yet in some ways i did express myself & there were a few who picked up on that, allthough most people would not. i did not hide who or what i was / am just i could not talk about my inner feelings & self. one of my issues,

Does not matter now of cause well this is over 18 years so from that theres no problem, i can express who i am fully as a female / women.

...noeleena...

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen K View Post
    I'm just curious, what is the hardest part about living as a woman at first? And do some things get easier as you get used to dressing as a girl?

Aspen
    The hardest thing is that we are or used to be men. There is nothing really special about living as a woman. They eat, sleep, take the trash out, and pay thier bills just like a man does. For me, yes, everything about dressing as a woman became a lot eaiser the more time I spent as a woman. Your mileage may very.

Hi Aspen,

I didn't really find anything about it difficult. What was difficult was living as a man. Living as a woman seems natural to me so I don't really have to do anything to do it. But in all seriousness, that hardest part was for the people I see in everyday life, the bank teller, the cashier at the grocery store, the post office worker. All these people knew me as a man and I had to ease them all into the new me.

Sometimes it was easy and people congratulated my strength and courage. Other times it was awkward and embarrassing, when people were embarrassed to admit they knew me or wanted to stop knowing me. But living as a woman is really no trouble for me.

Love always,
    Elizabeth
    [SIZE=3]It is always our choice, who we are-Waking Life[/SIZE]

The hardest part is dealing with men. Problem is, you can't live with 'em and you can't live without 'em, but I digress.........
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I like Kates' comment then again I find I have the same comment about women.
    They are the best thing since sliced bread
    To answer the question I only dabble in womanhood part time.
    I think this thread could supply some interesting answers.
    A good question from a new member, and welcome to the forum.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Being more serious and I can only talk for myself. The hardest bit is unlearning habits that I have built up over decades.

Being in my 50s I have so much learned baggage. How I talk, mannerisms, how I walk and so on.
    A lot of it being protective camouflage that I built up to fit in.

Deprogramming myself, so that my truer underlying nature comes out freely is going to take some time.

Just taking something simple as an example. I quite often want to cry at the movies but hide it carefully to as not to be 'girly'.
    Now I have to unlearn that 'hiding' reflex.
    My nature is exactly the same but but now I need to peel off the protective cover of how I show it.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaMallon View Post
    Just taking something simple as an example. I quite often want to cry at the movies but hide it carefully to as not to be 'girly'.
    Now I have to unlearn that 'hiding' reflex.
    My nature is exactly the same but but now I need to peel off the protective cover of how I show it.
    Oh you will when that HRT kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    The hardest thing is that we are or used to be men. There is nothing really special about living as a woman. They eat, sleep, take the trash out, and pay thier bills just like a man does. For me, yes, everything about dressing as a woman became a lot eaiser the more time I spent as a woman. Your mileage may very.
    You are totally correct Jorja.

Jorja, already started doing some of that recently as the internal 'firewalls' start to fade.
    Boy when I start HRT I think I might be a '3 bucket job' (referring to another thread in the TS forum) lol.

I'd better stock up on oral rehydration stuff right now, perhaps even a couple of saline bags just in case .

It is different for each person with hundreds of variables that can make it easier or harder.

The younger you are the more you will benefit by the freedom women have today to do all the things men traditionally did so you do not have to "act" feminine to the degree someone fifty years ago would have needed to "pass" as a woman, as women act more "masculine" it is easier for a man to "pass" as one.

I have girlfriends who kickbox ,base jump, rock climb, make money as auto mechanics, carpenters, ect... so it is easier in my opinion as the gender divide concerning behavior has shrunk to live as a woman even if you were born male.

When you say living as a woman my question than would be to ask if you are a "woman in mind" or a man who wants to emulate a woman but are clear in your mind that you are a man because I see one answer as "being" and the other as "emulating/acting" and your answer will have huge implications for the path you will end up walking.

In my opinion the clothes are largely irrelevant to "living as a girl" if your physical appearance is androgynous and you have a deep understanding of the social psychology of the world of women which is distinctly different than the world of men.

It is easier to "pass" as a woman in appearance than in the "politics" of being a woman. You have to be very astute because much of the behavior has it's roots in evolutionary psychology.

Deciding to live as a woman?

In your own deepest core of yourself, who do you see yourself as? If you say a woman, then you've answered your own question.

My own personal esthetic is female because I am not a fan of male style, but I'm not sure I define my self as a woman yet. I enjoy socializing in my female side, she gets out and goes everywhere and mingles with people. Being a girl amongst other human company makes me feel whole. It still doesn't entirely identify my core image of myself.

Having met many transgender people, I can tell you about a dozen stories that run the gamut of of complete success & fulfillment to heartbreak and sadness.
    For some, things like family & work can get in the way of complete happiness.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaMallon View Post
    Jorja, already started doing some of that recently as the internal 'firewalls' start to fade.
    Boy when I start HRT I think I might be a '3 bucket job' (referring to another thread in the TS forum) lol.

I'd better stock up on oral rehydration stuff right now, perhaps even a couple of saline bags just in case .
    Here I thought you were going to the refrigerator to get a cold beer.

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen K View Post

Aspen
    Having half your brain removed, well according to my homophobic a$$ed neighbor he's a real pig. But seriously nothing really, I found that finally being a woman was easier then being in both worlds.

for me i will never be a women but to be me an live as one wood be great yes i wont it all but age you can turn time around if i was 18teen an the things they got now i wood in a heart beet but at 60 i cant