Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for a girl venturing out for the first time.

Tips for a girl venturing out for the first time.

Good day ladies. Im looking to go out en femme for the first time soon. As soon as I find some serious girls in my area to go out with. Any Philly girls? Anyways, Im just looking for tips and ideas for going out the first time. Ive been shying away from it because in heels im almost 7 foot. Are really tall gurls common? I plan on going to maybe a drag show or a CD friendly club or bar. I definitely wont go out alone for obvious safety reasons. So any advice or tips for a girl going out her first time would be much appreciated. Kisses.

My only advice is to have fun and enjoy being yourself Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member
    I wish I could go with you, but please be safe.
    Rader

Keep it simple. Dress appropriate to the place and time. Be safe. Look confident (even if you're not!). Don't sneak around. Enjoy yourself!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    I am the last person to give advice, since i havent done it much, but here goes my tidbits....

Relax. Thats the biggest thing I think. If you are tense, if you walk fast, if you dont slow down and act the part, no matter how good you look you will stick out like a sore thumb.

Be smart. Don't put yourself in bad positions. Have a back up plan. Have plenty of gas in the car. Even if getting gas is you goal. lol. Stay out of places women wouldnt go.

Dress the part. Dont wear 6" spike heels unless you want people to look. Think about the things that make your guy self look close at a woman. Identify those things and dont do them... lol.

Did mention relax?....

Good luck, have fun, and be safe.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

I haven't gone out in public yet. But when I do, I will be sure to take boy clothes and makeup remover with me. Just in case. Like if my car breaks down. Then I can change before the tow guy shows up.

Hi Rachel.
    I will pass on to you some of the advice I got from this forum.
    - Visit the place at least once before you go there dressed up.
    - Try to be relax. If you appear anxious the people around you will be anxious
    I am also pretty tall and this was the hardest for me to believe but I quickly found it to be true.
    - Take your time. Be safe and have fun.
    I am 6'3" and I dont go out that often but I enjoy it when I do.
    Let us know how it goes!
    - Amanda :-)

There is supposed to be a night spot in the mall at Valley Forge that has a CD gathering every Saturday night. I can not remember the name of the place.

For the first outing, keep it simple. Where clothes to blend in and not stick out (unless you want the attention). I would suggest a safe place like a shopping mall during the day. I know daytime seems more scary but it's certainly safer. If you are driving,bring along some loose male clothing that you can put over top and some makeup remover wipes. When you are driving, do it as per normal. Nobody will notice you while you are driving most people are robotic and don't look for details as to what people look like i the other car.
    You may not need your boy things but they can give you confidence knowing they are there should something arise. Don't forget to breath normal relax and enjoy yourself. Try to look confident even if you are not. Oh and avoid teen agers lol.

Go out in New Hope, Pa My hometown

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Be confident and walk around like you own the place.

Hello Rachel, If you are worried about going out, please don't. Come out to the laptop lounge in King of Prussia, every 1st and third saturday of the month, or monday night and thursday night t girls in phila and norristown. T girs abound in the philly area!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelRoxx View Post
    in heels im almost 7 foot. Are really tall gurls common? .
    Skip the heals, 7' tall girls are as common as hens teeth.

Sitting alone at home makes it hard to find someone to go out with! I enjoy going alone! I've never had a problem doing so! As long as you know the place you're going to is safe and the suroundings seem safe then you will be fine! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    Skip the heals, 7' tall girls are as common as hens teeth.
    I agree. A genetic woman would not normally wear high heels if she was really tall.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Keeping it simple and blending is so over rated.... and boring! Better to be amazing and look fabulous and stand out than to fade into the background..... make it memorable.......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Thanks for all the advice ladies. Yea I know Im prolly gonna have to leave the heels at home, even though they make my legs and butt look fabulous. Maybe ill wear a smaller heel, maybe just a 3 inch heel. Ive been practicing my strut and have a great womanly walk down pat. I cant wait to go out. Im pretty confident in my look, i just need to meet some fellow ladies to go with.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    In all honestey and I'm sure that is what you really want to hear now i would NOT go out in public if you are almost 7 ft in heels. Even ditching the heels will draw attention to your height. When I say " public" i refer to shopping malls, stores, theaters, restaurants, walks on the sidewalk etc. You will be spotted and guawked at I fear and you don't need that for beeing a neebie at venturing out publically. Limit you first time public ventures to a drag club, nite spot of mixed orientation crowd or a private CD club meeting. I do thing you will feel far more relaxed this way and not be in a height wise pink fox. Good luck, Carpe Diem.
    Megan70

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Keeping it simple and blending is so over rated.... and boring! Better to be amazing and look fabulous and stand out than to fade into the background..... make it memorable.......
    exactly right---what's the fun and going out in mom jeans and a frumpy top? And go ahead and wear the heels if they make you look fabulous---my advice is go to one of the t-gurl meet ups mentioned above and enjoy yourself
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by wanagione View Post
    Come out to the laptop lounge in King of Prussia, every 1st and third saturday of the month, or monday night and thursday night t girls in phila and norristown. T girs abound in the philly area!
    I was going to recommend these places as well!! Ive been to the Beagle in Norristown and Angelas Laptop Lounge in KoP. Both are great places to meet other gurls.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I totally agree!! If you are going to go to a TG party, go BIG and ROCK it. No sense trying to blend.

Inbox me if you are interested in more info or want to go out to the places I mentioned. I haven't been out in a while and really want too.
    Ummm...yeah...what Shania said.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57310119@N04/

I'd just like to say that almost 7 foot is tall for anyone, not just women. I'd stick to a pair of flats if at all possible.

I started out by walking around Walmart after hours, not many people but enough to get me comfortable being around people. After that, I moved on to Walmart during the day. You can also try something like getting gas (pay with a card so there is no interaction with people). It will come to you, don't worry.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I agree. A genetic woman would not normally wear high heels if she was really tall.
    There are plenty of tall women out there who would disagree with you, and who are not afraid to own their height (and their femininity) by still wearing high heels and sexy footwear - and the gawkers be d@mned as far as they are concerned.

The attached link to a thread on the Long Tall Sally forum website dealing with the wearing of high heels by tall women has attracted 84 posts to date (and incidentally, one of the highest number of replies to any topic ever posted on that forum), and that just goes to show how passionate these ladies are about their heels and their "right" to wear them:

http://community.longtallsally.com/f...ic.php?id=1579

Sounds as if they have more "b@lls" than some of the taller male members here who constantly fret over how they might be regarded when out en femme , and what funny looks they would likely attract when doing so.

As some other posters here have advised, the OP simply needs to adopt the Nike "Just do it" attitude when that happens, and go out there and act as if they own the place. Those Long Tall Sally forum members have certainly embraced that credo and aren't hiding in the dark...

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelRoxx View Post
    I plan on going to maybe a drag show or a CD friendly club or bar.
    This is a good idea. Bars, restaurants and clubs in the LGBT area of town will treat you as the gender you are presenting as, even if you clearly don't pass. The other cool thing is that IMO, even if you know in your mind that you are in the LGBT area of town, it still feels like the mainstream ... but it feels safer. Find a local TG support group or another TG friend and then go have dinner and some dancing. That's one of the first things I did when I first went out ... other than the initial "dress and drive"
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

be aware of your surroundings, but bottom line try not to care what the other people think about you. You were born this way and you are beautiful. If the whole world were "normal" it would be a boring place. BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE.

Iv never gone out in full girlie mod. however during the dark night last winder I decided to venture out in high heels for a walk with the dog. I put on my jeans a nice ladies jumper and a raincoat and out I went.
    The path I took not far from my house was not well lite up at all, so I had the joy of walking for about 1/2 mile in my heels, I loved it. however I noticed a few men coming in the opposed direction and as they pased me I chickened out and walked on the grass, the heels sunk in, my feet got soaked and well. However they never noticed.

I think my big hurdel to going out as a woman is FEAR.

Debs.