Thread: Popping In To Say Hi

Popping In To Say Hi

I don't think I've posted in about a year, not really sure. I haven't really needed the companionship, discussion, support or conflict, as life has been going well. But having checked in, I began reading again and I see a lot of new faces as well as a lot of familiar ones. I've seen growth in some and regression in others. I suppose that's life.

I'm glad that time has vindicated me and opened the eyes of some of the blind. That's all I'll say about that. I'm not here to gloat

I've been crossdressing about 1/2 the time with down periods of weeks at a time where I don't do anything but underdress. I even boxed everything up and moved it to remote storage for about 6 weeks.

Why? I'm glad you asked. Well, it sure wasn't a purge. I'll never purge. I've got $5k or more in shoes, handbags, clothes and "equipment".

My biggest struggle with crossdressing is not society's lack of acceptance. I deal with that pretty well. I have no issues with my partner Gigi, as she is 100% supportive and encouraging. I have no internal struggles with being a CD either. I like myself and I'm comfortable with all of it.

What I find is, when I'm Duana, it's a hell of a lot harder for me to focus on the important things.

This is one of the few times where I feel like two people. Because honestly, putting on the clothes doesn't magically change my mindset or attitude to any great degree. I'm still the same boy under the dress. Except for this lack of concentration on much else but simply being Duana.

So when I put my things away, it was to do real work. I had to reluctantly acknowledge Duana likes to play too much. She loves to spend the day playing with her hair (I haven't cut mine in almost a year now) or trying on clothes, or shopping.

Anything but work.

Ultimately, I resolved to fight it; to prove I was wrong... that Duana could be as productive as her male counterpart. The first time I tried, I failed miserably. But I'm happy to say, I've gradually reached a point where Duana can actually get things done. She's still not 100% but progress is progress.

And the best part is, working as Duana is fun. And I'm very lucky to have my own business and an encouraging spouse so I can do it.

I'm posting this because I know I'm not alone. I read a CD blog post about this months ago and it really resonated with me.

I'll leave you with this. All things are possible, even if crossdressed. But that doesn't mean they're easy. The key for me is, feel lucky to be able to work as a girl because the alternative isn't near as much fun.

Abrazos,
    Duana

ETA: Just realized, I did post my Valentines pics.
    Last edited by Duana; 07-16-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Duana, I think what you are talking about is called PINK FOG .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Yes it is, though I'm not sure I like the term.

Onward ladies, through the fog!

Strange how differant people are! Cynthia does it all! While ''he'' has gotten to the point where he doesn't get motivated enough to do anything!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I have been having the same feelings lately!
    Its been very hot and humid here for several weeks and there are many outside, labor intensive projects that demand attention. I just have to put Bobbi away and 'git er done' as they say.
    I do enjoy being able to work from home and go off to the office in full enfemme. but that's a different kind of work.
    I think that that's a blessing of being CD. We can be whom we want when we want for the most part. We can fire up the chain saw on Monday morning and by evening enjoying the pleasures of slipping into a soft gown and highlighting our mascara.
    Life is wonderful!
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!