Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what to wear fem when not...

Platinum Member
    Hi Tracy, Painted nails and pierced ears.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Painted toe nails work good! Clear polish on finger nails is a good one! Give it a try! Hugs!
    I do agree with Cynthia.

A lot of people have mentioned shaving or waxing their arms. I have tried both and didn't really like the results so I tried an alternative that gave me the best results and I have been doing this for about 8 years now. What I do is trim my arm hair down with hair clippers to 1/4 of any inch maybe a little shorter then bleach it with a creme bleaching kit I get from the drugstore. Do it once every 1 to 2 weeks and never had a problem and the grow-back is barely noticeable. If the idea completely removing your arm hair doesn't sit well with you, try this method.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy - new dresser View Post
    lol mainly the living in a small town where most ppl know me and i think i would get beaten lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much its much more acceptable to be gay now.........I'm not saying you're gay, but that is what people will think
    I agree just so long as being thought of as gay is ok in your small town and you don't get beat up for that! I dress pretty girly in my boy mode and I'm sure people think I'm gay, which is totally fine by me ... just so long as no homophobe wants to give me a hard time about it. I agree with the others, both ears pierced, girly necklace, bangles, nails painted, girls canvas shoes (Keds) girls skinny jeans, fitted tees ... all that good stuff ... plus under-dressing too. Oh .. and perfume too!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I used to make my own iron-on tshirts with somewhat obvious girly references to them. The shirts were always small/tight fitting and would have girl band or gender-bending band logos on them, logos of womens clothing brands (i.e. "Pleaser", a popular company that sells stripper heels) or I would just create my own logos. Kind of a fun little art project.

Don't forget to thin and shape the eyebrows, slowly...

omg im getting excited now so much good stuff i would of nvr thought of! going shopping with my gf on weekend and will ask for more info about piercing ears lol

thanks girls! keep em coming!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wear flats now and then, as well as jewelry, jeans or shorts, androgynous tops, makeup, scent, a shoulder bag, and all sorts of things underneath.

Look. Chances of you being beaten are very slim.
    As for what to wear. Don't worry too much about the girls. Generally they keep quiet or they like the style and compliment.
    Secondly if your going to just do flats. Make sure it kinda works. I buy my jeans a tad longer do when I wear my work boots, they still look casual. Having said that, they cover up a good portion of the top of your foot so they're not so 'flat' obvious.
    Secondly. Things are in style (here in vancouver BC anyways). Capris for guys are in here, so i got chic ones from lululemon. I from time to time wear the chic lululemon pants with flats out cause that works, but flip flops are a bit more normal depending on the place. I have been meaning to get out loads but can't cause of a long story so my girlyness has been coming out in other ways such as listed above.

I saw a couple of posts mentioning ear piercing what do you do in a place where earrings are forbidden for men? I am honestly curious for ideas as my workplace only allows a single pair of earrings for women and none for men. sorry if this is a threadjack.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Quote Originally Posted by Delila View Post
    I saw a couple of posts mentioning ear piercing what do you do in a place where earrings are forbidden for men? I am honestly curious for ideas as my workplace only allows a single pair of earrings for women and none for men. sorry if this is a threadjack.
    magnetic earrings or clip-ons. if you can't find them at your local store, they're all over ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by dragdoll View Post
    magnetic earrings or clip-ons. if you can't find them at your local store, they're all over ebay.
    A wise idea but I have my left ear pierced an I really want to do the right. Thinking of hitting up HR for a pass they owe me at least one. How many have their naval pierced? It is something I have seriously considered.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

Quote Originally Posted by Delila View Post
    A wise idea but I have my left ear pierced an I really want to do the right. Thinking of hitting up HR for a pass they owe me at least one. How many have their naval pierced? It is something I have seriously considered.
    Who's your boss? Hitler? Get your other ear pierced and sue them for discrimination if they try to fire you over it.

Silver Member
    If you could get fired for wearing earrings at work, don't... seriously, don't. Jobs are hard to find and survival is hard nowadays. If you want to get the other ear pierced, go to a piercing place and see if you can get a clear stud you can keep in so they don't close up while they heal (someone mentioned this as an option somewhere.) If you can't get the other pierced, try clip-ons when en femme, or around-the-ear pierced earring adapters instead.

You could pierce your ears and wear diamond studs, everyone is doing it these days!!!!!! BTW, be careful when buying diamonds it can get quite expensive and addictive!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

As others have said, wear what you want. I have worn women's jeans, tees and shorts for over a decade on a regular basis. As for shoes, I wore women's Keds and loafers until I decided that I could get away with wearing flats and mary-janes. Wear them all the time now.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybiker View Post
    Look. Chances of you being beaten are very slim.
    Statistically that's true, but it only takes once...

Banned Read only
    A number of the sportswear companies have both men's and women's clothing lines. Columbia Sportswear, for example, is a world-wide brand and the women's line mirrors the men's line very closely. Many Shirts and shorts are styled very similarly to the men's versions, except with different fits and colors. I am a medium sized male, so that usually translates to large (or sometimes extra large) in women's sizes. I bought a pair of these in black recently:

http://www.columbia.com/Women%E2%80%...efault,pd.html

They are not as long as most shorts, but it works for me. I doubt if I would wear anything shorter. Shorts that are at your knees or longer always seemed to defeat the purpose as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, if you wear your shirt or t-shirt outside with these shorts, it isn't obvious that it doesn't have back pockets.

I wear women's clothing almost exclusively when I've got the day off. Flats and Loafers, women's jeans and shorts, t-shirts and button downs, and the occasional tunic. Yesterday I went to the beach and worn a bikini bottom. No one batted an eyelash.

Joanna

A lot of people have mentioned shaving or waxing their arms. I have tried both and didn't really like the results so I tried an alternative that gave me the best results and I have been doing this for about 8 years now. What I do is trim my arm hair down with hair clippers to 1/4 of any inch maybe a little shorter then bleach it with a creme bleaching kit I get from the drugstore. Do it once every 1 to 2 weeks and never had a problem and the grow-back is barely noticeable. If the idea completely removing your arm hair doesn't sit well with you, try this method.
    I do that. Not the bleaching (yet) but the trimming. "Men's grooming trimmers" have guides for 3/4", 1/2", 1/4", etc. It's pretty easy.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Who's your boss? Hitler? Get your other ear pierced and sue them for discrimination if they try to fire you over it.
    Hitler is dead.

Seriously, while dress may be "protected" in some companies or agencies, it is not in others. And even if you can't be fired for the way you dress, you can be made miserable.

For most of us, next to our families, our jobs are most important because without the job, we can't take care of our family. If you're single and don't care about the job or any future prospect where they might ask for references, go for it, wear any thing you want and act any way you want.

For the rest of us, give this serious thought before you act.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Aspiring Member
    Undetected female items while in male mode...I have worn tinted moisterizer and nude or sheer lipstick oppose to lip balm. Find a shade of lipstick that matches your natural lip color. Just be careful when eating around friends and family, you will leave lip print on cups/glasses/napkins. Besides underdressing, womens jeans, slack, t-shirts, and tennis shoes.
    Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    You could get your ears pierced. Nearly all women have pierced ears, and many guys these days too.
    That's a great suggestion. I had both of mine pierced 6 weeks ago and have worn little silver studs all of that time. They look really feminine and I really enjoy having that show 100% of the time. No one cares a bit!

I have found that the following women’s clothes are suitable in "boy mode".

!) Pants: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops and a bare back is usually uncomfortable when seated. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. A slip with adjustable straps, lace trim, and a bodice is even OK as it is covered and feminine features aren’t apparent. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on pants.

4) Bra: This is generally not considered an adrogynous item, but it can be useful to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders

5) Pantyhose: An MD suggested that I wear support pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and non-opaque pantyhose are OK and are more available.

6) Purse: Keeping a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in pants pockets is awkward as it is hard to extract them when seated, and pockets in women’s pull on pants are often not very deep anyway. My “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse.
    Last edited by sfwarbonnet; 08-25-2012 at 02:23 PM.