Thread: Am I being Hypocritical?

Question Am I being Hypocritical?

I have this dilemma, I am a gay cross dresser and in all of the dating sites I join I always state who I am. I really don't mind if a guy that approach me define himself as Bi, straight or Gay what really matter to me is his masculine appearance and how comfortable we are with each other.
    I meet this cute guy online, totally the kind guy I am attracted to. We did ask the normal questions about each other.I always ask for current pics just to match the ones from the profile and if they are sexy much better...then he send me ones with him on high heels and this action threw me completely off.

Do you think I am being hypocritical? Because I am just a Gay Transvestite but I just can't overcome the aversion I have with relationships with other crossdressers

Who you are and what you like can certainly be different things. When a woman says she likes a man with big muscles and a hairy chest, no one thinks she's being hypocritical if she fails to have big muscles and a hairy chest herself!

No Barbara, your selection criteria are yours and there is nothing wrong with them. However, maybe this person is in a similar situation as you and has no problems going out with a gay crossdresser. That is his criteria. Maybe you just need to clarify in your profile what you are not interested so in. Just don't make it too negative, because that can be a turn off to potential suitors.

Now, while we are on the subject of dating. I think most of us transgenders (in the global encompassing terminology definition) have problems finding someone who we are attracted to and that may be attracted to us, physically and lifestyle-wise. So, it doesn't surprise me that he may be attracted to you and hoping that you are accepting and maybe even happy that he also crossdresses. I say that so that maybe you can better appreciate where he may be coming from.

I wish you the best.

I do not think you are being hypocritical as I feel as you do. I do not mind being friends with another crossdresser but want a man for a relationship.
    Danielle

Hi Barbara,

No, you are not. You like what you like, you can't help that. Being honest about what you like and what you want is how you find happiness. As long as you accept people for who they are, you are not being a hypocrite. That doesn't mean you have to date people you are just not attracted to.

Love always,
    Elizabeth
    [SIZE=3]It is always our choice, who we are-Waking Life[/SIZE]

I say no! You are just being you! You know what you want! ! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Silver Member
    Maybe he just likes wearing high heels and nothing else femme? He might be a great partner for you, if you can be a bit flexible about that one thing.

Many admirers are also closet dressers, and my friends who like men say this is quite common to find one that also dresses (or wants to dress.)

Not hypocritical at all Barbara. You are entitled to find a person that appeals to you. It's your life.

Platinum Member
    Hi Barbara, Nothing wrong with wanting your guy to be a manly man.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Nothing hypocritical at all. You just want someone that you're attracted to.....just like everyone else. Good luck.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Absolutely not Hon. In fact I feel the same way about the guys I go out with.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

What you prefer in a man is your choice.
    If you don't want him to be a p/t cd that's entirely up to you, just as it is that you may prefer him tall rather than short, a certain age, a particular race or whatever. Those are your criteria and you should not feel bad about having a selection process....everyone does when looking for someone.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgray View Post
    Who you are and what you like can certainly be different things. When a woman says she likes a man with big muscles and a hairy chest, no one thinks she's being hypocritical if she fails to have big muscles and a hairy chest herself!
    Gotta say that Violet's analogy is spot on. I find nothing hypocritical in your actions or your feelings

Banned Read only
    Hypocritical would be you disliking ME, for example, for being a crossdresser. I think you situation is more ironic but physical attraction is what it is.

Just the girl next door. Michelle_Tokyo's Avatar
    Barbara I totally agree with what others are saying. If I meet another CD/TG/TS then I hug them and respect them. But if I want to date someone he should masculine and all man for the woman I want to be for him.

Platinum Member
    You can only be attracted to people you're attracted to. Be yourself...don't force it.