Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do any other young CDs feel profoundly lonely?

Quote Originally Posted by spiroxlii View Post
    This community was invaluable to me when I was trying to come to terms with my identity. I especially appreciated having a forum specifically set aside for young CDs. The day I "aged out" of that forum, I lost something very special.

Please don't misunderstand me. I don't have anything against the older members here. I've lurked and read as much in this forum as I have in any other forum. This isn't about being better or cooler or anything like that. It's a matter of how well I feel I relate to the members outside the youth forum.

I'm turning 28 this year, but I'm one of those people who has had a late start in life. I've meandered through my education, passing from school to school as part of my quest to form an identity. I have only really been out on my own living as a "real" grownup for about a year, and I'm still in school trying to make something of myself. Chronologically, I may be almost 30, but personally and professionally, I'm about 21.

I see a lot of love, wisdom, and compassion here, but I am only compelled to click on one or two of the posts I see in this forum each day, because I don't feel that I relate to some of the common problems of the people who post here (especially marital issues). Just as GGs of different ages have different concerns and interests, middle aged and older CDs are naturally going to have a lot of conversations that may not be relevant to a younger CD yet.

On the other had, I am now missing out on the conversations that DO matter to me. I care about navigating the minefield of dating as a CD, discussing GLBTQ issues on campus, and even shooting the breeze about video games.

My point is that I feel profoundly lonely now. I am surrounded by people who have one very important thing in common with me, but sometimes it feels like that one thing is the ONLY thing we have in common. I know a community of people who are more like me exists, but I am now outside the fence. Actually, it's more like a solid wall, because I can't even look in.

One day, I'll be more mature, and I'll have problems and questions more like the ones I see here every day. On that day, I will count myself as a very fortunate individual to be in such good company. Once again, I did not mean any disrespect to the people who post in this forum. I simply don't feel as comfortable out here yet. It'll be a long while before I do...
    Wow, I just heard almost every problem I face in this post. Yes, I'm basically in the same boat! I just turned 28 last month and I feel completely alone in life. While there is comfort in this forum, I do wish I knew more CDs my age...

Quote Originally Posted by busker View Post
    If you have aged out, there must have been a good reason for setting that limit and that may be the sign that it IS time to move forward, put the security blanket aside and join the rest of the world.
    This is a rather brash statement to make. Everyone grows up a little bit differently, some a little bit slower than others. Some of us put more priority in other areas of life as well that may not be considered "grown up" or follow the typical pattern of college, career family. Your situation and mentality have much more in common with others than your age.

Anyways, Spiroxlii I can relate to your situation. I'm 32 right now, and just graduated from college two years ago. I spent time in the restaurant industry and made great friends in that setting. I've never been married, and I do not have any kids either. I'm still trying to figure out my career path too, as life after college hasn't been what I had hoped for and planned.

I too have problems relating to others here, especially the CD forum. For me, it is much more about the clothes. I'm not sure if I'm TS or bi-gendered or poly gendered or just gender queer. I do prefer the transsexual forums more, as I feel I do relate more.

As Reine stated, I would be interested in finding more people on here that I can relate to as well. I'm very interested in meeting people who are in the same situation as I am (recent college grad, no kids no marriage, single etc...) and who are also questioning who they are on the gender "spectrum" or even fall in between such as bi-gender or polygender.

Outside of this forum, I do find it tough to meet transgender folks (I'm using this as an umbrella term, let's not get into an argument of what it means) who are are in a smilier situation as I am. Most of the folks I meet are older it seems. Not sure why that is.

If any of you want to PM and talk more in depth about things let me know!