Thread: trying on a bra at Vicky's

trying on a bra at Vicky's

Hey gals

I was just wanting to get a little advice. In the past I have bought all my panties in person at Victorias Secret but never had quite the nerve to ask to try a bra on. I was wantingting to get some of you guys personal experiences with bra purchasing and trying on at Vickies. Also, I have heard that they only stock a bra size up to a certain point. I have a slightly above average build....do you guys think i will have a problem finding a big enough bra to fit.
    thanks in advance

katie

Ain't no guys on this forum.
    Some of the girls here have some experience with VS though. Might try asking them.

Hugs
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

katie - first of all, welcome to the forum.... glad to have you with us

I have not tried a bra on in VS, but - do you have any idea what size bra you would need? Or what your measurements are?
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Although I get most of my panties from them, sadly, they don't have anything in a 40 below a C cup - too big for my taste.
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

Dana- thank you so much for the welcome. I have just recently found this site and have already learned many things reading over the various posts. As far as my bra band size I would ned about a 42. I didnt think that Vicky's stocked that large of a bra but figured one of the gals on here would know for sure.

I humbly apologise for not putting this link in my previous post...
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katie7y6
    As far as my bra band size I would ned about a 42. I didnt think that Vicky's stocked that large of a bra but figured one of the gals on here would know for sure.
    They used to, but apparently they don't anymore.

Lane Bryant seems to have some yummy bras, but I haven't bought any yet. OTOH, maybe it's time for an early Christmas present.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Katie, I have had the opportunity to be fitted at Victoria's Secret. I went in early on a Tuesday morning since that seems to be a dead time for customers and when the sales lady asked if she could help me find anything, I just told her that i was looking for a bra but wasnt sure of the size. She asked if it was for someone special and I replied yes it is for me and I think that I am special. She smiled and said well come with me and we will find out what size you need. She took me to the dressing rooms and measured me. I measured a 38 band size and we decided on a B cup. ( I had put my breast enhancers in my pocket.)We then went out to look at some different styles of bras. She picked a couple and so did I. We went back to the dressing room and she asked if i needed help putting them on. I told her that i could put them on myself, but if she didnt mind would she stay to check the fit of each one. It was a wonderful time as I tried each one on and we discussed the advantage and disadvantage of each one. We finally agreed on the one that worked the best and i bought it along with several pairs of thigh highs and panties. It can happen, but it all depends on the time you go in and the sales help. Good luck with your fitting.

Platinum Member
    i would go when thay are not overly busey and ask decreatly abought doing it
    there is a bra out there to fit everyone ...good luck....

Lane Bryant offers free bra fittings. And they don't care if it's for a guy or girl. If you go in for a bra fitting, one of the nice ladies will measure you and then get some bras for you to try on. If you're new to shopping for girly things, I might suggest going when they first open. It's usually not as busy. Most of the stores I've been in, have dressing rooms out in the main store, and some rooms that are tucked away, off to the side or in the back. That's wear I usually go if I want to try something on. Oh, and sign up for a LB charge card and get an extra 15% off.

I know fredericks has helped me out

Fredericks has messured me and i am a 42 C with the breasts i have they have been very helpful and don't seem to mind helping me find stuff that might look nice one thing they are very limited on the bra styles in a 42 mainly a lace type bra but i got over that and have 2 of those i do like the Extereme Cleavage ones but they only come in a size 38 maybe a 40 so it is a tight squeeze

hope this help and happy hunting bra shopping can be a pain I know I hear that from my wife.

jessicam

Nlenro-nu
    Go to your local thrift store. I did yesterday. Although there wear a lot of who I thought were true females. I got surprised. I said I'm looking for my
    sister. One person said she goes by Candy and remarked to me: You don't
    have to Lie I'm one too! She then told me her male name what I'm not permitted to reveal here. Some looking at the Purses replied: I'm a CDer too!
    Result 2 nice new friends just because I was bold enough to go the bras while one of them were at the bras and one at the puirses! The one at the purses didn't want to reveal her male name. I revealed my male name to both though! Not allowed to do that here.

Hi

I have a link for you , I have never tried them so I have no information.

I hope this will help .

http://www.appealinglingerie.com/htm..._my_size.shtml

Love

Jakie

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar

Bra fitting

Gee Renee it is ages since I had anything to do with anybody else's bra, in the "flesh".
    No one has ever, ever helped me into one. Maybe I will try Vickys.
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Haley Pink~
    Try the Bra fitting and sizing links at the bottom.

Haley

http://shapings.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?
    Last edited by HaleyPink2000; 11-18-2005 at 11:32 PM.

tamaratv
    you probably will have a problem getting a bra to look great from Victoria's

to make it easy, measure under where the meat of the chest is, like where the band is. Once you have that measurement ( like 38, 40 , etc), then you can choose a bra cup size over that..like C, D, D, DD.

Good places that I have purchased bras:

regular bras : www.jcpenney.com, www.kohls.com

big selection of bras just for TV's , that hold in breasts if you have them : www.crossdresser.com

anybody know other sites witha large selection of TV bras like Suddenly fem?

tamara

Thanks for all the good info yall. After the suggestions from here I have decided to try Lane Byant. I called a few stores in my area and asked if they would do a bra fitting and let me try some on in the dressing rooms. All the responses that I received for the sales girls were wonderful. They said to come on in and that I could try on anything in the store. One of them added that there were even dressing rooms in back if I would feel more comfortable and that they see males in there buying clothes for themselves all the time. With me being a 40 or 42 band size I think that I will have much better luck finding a fitting bra at LB then Vicky's anyway.