Thread: Happy on the highway

Happy on the highway

I recently had the opportunity for a long drive to DC. Although I didn't have the courage to get fully dressed, why I'll never know, I did wear panties, a bra, and shorts. It felt so good to be "outside" in public view, albeit at 75-80 mph most of the way. While there, I was not able to dress as Marlana time was unavailable. I actually felt happy while driving.

On the trip back, I did as before and while it was 101 degree's outside, I had a tank top on. Again, I was happy as can be. Then it happened. While going through a construction zone, a teen in a passing car was staring out the window and he looked right at me. Suddenly, I felt so scared/embarassed/nervous, I laid back until I could shoot by and get away. When I stopped for dinner, I felt like every eye in the room, even the toothless confused old man, was staring at me.

I know confidence comes in time, but does anyone else feel this way?

Driving is a great way to get out in public dressed for someone who either doesn't want to fully dress 100% or who isn't ready to meet the public straight on at a mall, restaurant, etc. Keep taking whatever small steps that are comfortable for you. You'll learn to do more and more as you realize that the world didn't come to an end if you drive around in a skirt, hose and heels.

Andrea

'Cuse me ma'am, but I'm from the Virginia Highway Patrol and we have evidence that you were speeding on.....when did you say you had this great adventure?

Platinum Member
    Not really. I think your mind was playing games with you. The question I would as is, why would you care what a teen in a passing car "might" have seen or thought? For that matter, why would you care what the toothless, confused old man might have thought? (I'm not toothless, but on behalf of confused old men everywhere, I am not sure I take offense )

Years ago I've been there myself! Once you truley accept yourself you just don't care anymore! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

who cares what they think, just figure out what makes you happy and
    think about that.

I don't worry about others. Just be yourself and confident in what you do and wear. It comes with time I guess. Or if you are old and crotchety like me, you don't care!

I'm old but not crotchety I hope. I don't care what others think about if I am a man. I really care that they think that I don't look that bad in fact I hope I look pretty good. I have had some compliments and they were pretty good. Yes I try to be appropriate in dress. Though I sometimes like my look better in hosiery. I enjoy my time out as I feel that I am okay. I don't try to walk only like a woman would cause I see so many women that don't walk like women. But I will occasionally swing my arm and swing my hair up. I know I have wide shoulders but not all women look overly feminine. I think just holding your head up and smiling some of the time takes the pressure off both of us. Speak softly and somewhat fem and you will get away with it. My confidence level may be exceeded only because I am having too much fun. Remember that you are never more naked than when you are crossdressed, so that should keep you smiling. Enjoy!!!

Tess

P.S I think there is some difference of how to respond like a woman. Maybe some GG's will answer or tell us somethings like don't say give me say may I have. I am not just a crossdresser I am Contessa Marie H.
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

As I was getting the mail, you drove by. You smiled and I waved!

Toothless confused old men get to me every time!.... Not really.... maybe a decade ago but now I could care less of what anyone thought of what I wear or where I wear it....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I tend to drive with the sun visors hanging over the side windows which keeps me from seeing anyone else... Oh, I can still see what's around me but I don't want some hick in a pickemup gettin his jollys by swerving to see what I'd do...

Renne......

Silver Member
    If you had a tank top over your bra, it is very unlikely a teenager passing you could tell you were wearing a bra.

Platinum Member
    Hi Marlana, It's mind over matter, If you don't mind it doesn't matter.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

75-80?? Mmmm I'm certain that's over the limit everywhere in this country....sounds like grounds for a traffic stop. That would be an interesting situation.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Porky Pigging

For all you Truck Drivers out there ,,,This is NO surprize ,,, But for the other folk that dont know no better here it is ,,,,??????? So if ya want a real CHALLENGE ,,, Go porky pig ,,That meens dress like Porky Pig ,,,He always had on a shirt with NO PANTS ,,,,,,,,, LOL,,, So wear a big shirt an your best pantys or pantyhose ,,,,LOL,,, An drive around ,,, When ya get out your shirt will cover you up ,,,But sitting down everything stcks OUT ,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,, PORKY PIG !!! Beleave it or not alot of GGs do it all the time ,,,Seasoned Trucker know all about it !! I dubbed it Skirt Surfing !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I drive dressed a lot. I used to be nervous but now less so. Typically I will have a bra and forms on but an androgynous top over the top - usually baggy so my 'boobs' aren't on major display. Yeah I worry about getting stared at and 'clocked', but to be honest nobody is really looking that close. The teenager in the car, if he wasn't driving. will have been doing what we all do... mindlessly let our eyes drift. The number of times I have found myself staring in one direction without realising or even taking in what I was looking at is immense! It happens when we let our minds drift and on a long drive, that happens!

My worry is always at traffic lights and 'roundabouts', but everyone is looking at the car usually to see where it heading, not the driver, and when we do look at the driver it is to clock the eyes for sign of intention.

The bigger worry for me is having an accident or getting stopped by the police... so when I am dressed, I drive a lot more safely! And leave the speeding days for when I am in boy mode!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Yes I know just how you feel, last time I went for a drive, I put on everything, then when out driving on back roads, whenever a car would pass going the other way, I felt like I was on display, and it began to bother me that I was wearing bright red lip stick, I found my self putting my hand over my mouth like I was coughing when ever a car approached, it was stupid, but that's how I felt.
    Some of us never get all that confident
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Laura912- my trip was last weekend. Annonomous-I was smiling and I did wave back. Stacy B-I drove truck for many years and saw a lot on my trips. Thanks for all the replies everyone. With time shall come my courage.

Banned Read only
    Everyone passes at 65 MPH. LOL

LOL! Sweet Caroline may be onto something.