Thread: Crossdressing Day?

Crossdressing Day?

I have an idea, but implementing probably won't be easy.
    I have 2 classic cars, that fight with Katie for my money. I use mine quite regularly, but there are people that keep them garaged and polished all year round. Therefore, the Federation of Historic Vehicles has introduced a Drive It day. The idea is that everyone who owns a classic car gets it out and drives it and uses it. It seems to work quite well and you see quite a lot of classic cars on the road for that day.
    So, why couldn't we implement a crossdressing day, where anyone or everyone could dress up as the opposite sex for the day? It would be great publicity for us and may work towards a greater social acceptance of crossdressing as a whole!
    I've no idea where to even begin with the idea of implementing it, especially without 'outing' myself in the process!
    Katie

Nice idea but that is what halloween is for!!
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Just as my 41-year-old car is my daily driver, any day that I can dress is automatically crossdressing day!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I was thinking slightly differently. Haloween is not really good publicity for crossdressing because you are dressing up alongside people dressing as vampires and witches etc so it could appear that, like them, you are dressing up like a 'monster', 'weirdo' and so on, although it provides an opportunity to dress in public.
    Whilst some people are able to dress whenever they please , and it be accepted, my idea was to attempt to change public perception of cding, to encourage others to try it just once, for it to be seen in public as more 'normal'. So instead of Katie going to a party with Spiderman and Dracula then getting slowly drunk for example. She would be going out for lunch and shopping with Sarah and Jane, without getting stared at, pointed at, maybe laughed at.
    Katie

You might want to check with the HR department, to find out what their diversity policies are. Some companies are fully supportive of GLBT employees and simply telling them that you are transgendered is enough to get them EEOC points. The company may have different policies for what you want to do. For example, you may be required to stay in boy mode until you are ready to work full time as a woman. Many companies will also arrange a transfer or relocation after transition - to reduce the negative reactions from coworkers since new coworkers would not know you were a man.

If you are just a cross-dresser and have no desire to transition, then pick a week-end day. I would leave early on Friday, do the "spa treatment" (remove hair on legs, arms, face,...) then make-up, glue-on breasts, and then get dressed for a night out on Friday, dress as Debbie Saturday morning (makeup & wig included), go shopping, restaurants, anything else, I needed to do, and then go dancing again Saturday night. I even found a church (Unitarians and Methodists are very accepting) to go to, and spend the rest of the day as Debbie. By Sunday night, usually after a meeting or dinner with friends, I'd be able to remove the breast forms, wash up, and go to sleep - in a nightie, and wake up and dress like a man for work on Monday.

During transition, I would leave work, usually after working 9 hours and eating a salad for lunch at my desk, then go directly home, shave, shower, and dress, and go out and do something in public - every single day. I might go to an AA meeting, an NA meeting, a GLBT meeting, or just go to dinner with friends, but I did it as Debbie. I had a supportive SO who would pick me up from work - to make sure I didn't work all night, would tell me to get dressed, and would drive to wherever she decided to go. Just that little bit of support made a huge difference, because I knew that she WANTED me to go out with her as Debbie. The fact was that she knew that I was much more fun as Debbie, and that letting me go anywhere as Rex was not going to be near as much fun, since Rex was a total nerd, egg-head, and technocrat who had very poor people skills. Debbie on the other hand, was very friendly, very sociable, had a genuine interest in people, had great people skills, and had a wickedly sexy streak.

I have always felt cheated that women were allowed to wear pants to work but men were still forced to conform to the "standard uniform". Even today, many companies have different dress codes for women that are radically different than for men. Men are still not allowed to wear shorts, T-shirts, and are supposed to wear dark socks with their leather shoes. Women can wear pants of various lengths, skirts of various lengths, even shorts, and can wear boots, shoes, or sandals, with or without hosiery.

The men's uniform is much stricter. Often the mandate includes long-sleeve shirts - even in summer, long pants but not jeans or denim, and woven not knit or stretch, the shirt must button up and only the top button can be left open, though a tie with all buttons closed is advised for managers and accountants.

When my school held the vote on whether girls could wear pants, it was already late October and getting cold. The deal was that girls could wear pants in the winter if boys could wear shorts in the warmer months. The measure passed with all the girls voting for it, and about 30% of the guys voting for it based on the promise of being able to wear shorts.

All winter long, the girls wore pants instead of skirts. The cute fashions of the sixties had given way to bell bottom jeans and flat shoes.

When spring came around, on one of the hotter days, in late April, about a dozen boys wore shorts to school. The gym coach ordered the school bullies, who played on the "Pop Warner" football teams he coached, to "make an example" of the "little faggots wearing shorts". First the jocks stripped their shirts off, then began dragging them over the asphalt if the "play-ground" including the length of the basketball court. Dragging them by their ankles until their backs and chests were so bloody they looked like hamburger. Then one of the smaller boys sate on their legs as they were dragged face-down the length of the basketball court and back 2-3 times - until their legs looked like hamburger.

After that, none of the boys wore shorts to school again. The girls wore shorts instead of pants or skirts, and even those came almost down to their knees.

Being one of those boys who was dragged over the blacktop, and one of those who voted for the shorts, I always felt cheated. Even today, I see a woman in pants or jeans, and I just feel like coming to that same location in my shortest skirt, satin blouse, dark hose, and 3 inch heels, just to say "I demand the right to dress the way I want to". But I know there would be consequences if I did this at work. I also know that I can do this in other venues, but I still feel that I need to "Pass" if I'm going to wear something that pretty. But being that pretty is the one thing that lets me feel truly free, and lets me be true to myself.

Every day is crossdressing day!!!!!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    For me, everyday is cross dressing day.

A national Holiday, National Crossdressing day. Time to send an e-mail off to congress and the president.
    It will get my vote.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    A national Holiday, National Crossdressing day. Time to send an e-mail off to congress and the president.
    It will get my vote.
    That sounds good to me.
    Katie

I think it's a great idea, but don't let it be on National Ride Your Motorcycle to work day, please!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Here's some practical advice for u, Katie. I have a couple of classic collector cars in my garage. I haven't spent a nickel on them in years! Haven't even started them in that time!

That way, I can spend all my time and money on Sherry!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    Katie;
    Run for the Presidency; I would vote for you, and I bet you would get all the members here to do also.
    Then you could by presidential proclamation, make it national Cross Dress Day.
    Now witch day would you chose????
    Rader

I like fridays as crossdressing day that way i have all weekend to get pretty
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Banned Read only
    I like the weekend too, dress all you want. I feel so at home and relaxed in a pretty Summer dress. Sunday is the best day, I ge to go to church dressed and no one will say a thing.The golden rule works in church, they are reminded that Jesus said love each other. Well on Monday AM that all reverts back. I think the Pastor has a thing for me. He always asks me to stay after the sermon for tea. LOL

Have a good Sunday all!

Banned Read only
    I just retired in January and discovered I can dress all i want to. I taught at a Quaker College. In the early weeks of school we had a coming out day, for LBGT people. The idea was "Ok let's get this out of the way, I am who I am" Time to study. On that day I would wear a skirt and school golf shirt, heels too. My dept. chair loved it, invited me to dress for Halloween and Femme day. Now as a tenured prof. and alumni I can go back on those days and visit En femme. Ummm Will I?

Platinum Member
    First, DebbieL, your description of being dragged across the floor to embarrass and humiliate you and others is assault and abuse.

As to the cross dressing idea, I am not prepared for a guy not into cross dressing mentally walking around in a dress. I cannot imagine an unshaven hairy beast stomping through the office in a dress. Cross dressing involves more than wearing a dress. It involves adopting feminine deportment for a good presentation.

For me cross dressing day is Monday through Friday when school is in session. As a retire with a working wife, I get my fill of Stephanie time.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Hey Katie, that's a fabulous idea. Not only that, but let's drive our classic cars dressed on National Crossdressing Day! Sorry your thread got hijacked so much.

Pride or Gay Pride Day is also a great time to get dressed and go downtown to be in or watch the parade. Then off to dinner afterwards. Great time to strut your stuff. My only advice is to dress modestly and with a little class. We're not caricatures, we're real people who should be concerned with our image and not denigrate the rest of the subculture we are a part of.
    [/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Hi Katie that is a good idea I shoulg get that car out of the garage and drive it some.

Oh yea CDind day is a good idea too.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post

As to the cross dressing idea, I am not prepared for a guy not into cross dressing mentally walking around in a dress. I cannot imagine an unshaven hairy beast stomping through the office in a dress. Cross dressing involves more than wearing a dress. It involves adopting feminine deportment for a good presentation
    I agree with your statement, the thought of a hairy bloke stomping around the office in a dress is not a pleasant one. However, similar to the classic car, Drive It Day,
    Where it only applys to the people who already own a classic, people aren't going to go and buy a classic car to drive it for that one day. The same would apply to Crossdressing Day. It's only really likely to be people that already crossdress or want to try it that are likely to get involved with it.
    Katie