Thread: Making friends

Unhappy Making friends

I find it hard to make new friends. Especially friends who are like me and similar to my age. I just can't trust most people sometimes, they either want something from me or want me to do things for them. Idk why most of the people who befriend me and are similar to me, are nice at first and then rude after. I really find it hard to be myself when I can't trust the people who are my so called "friends". I wish I knew what to do. I sadly don't though.

.. I really don't trust anyone buy my closest.... longest and dearest friends... its like a weeding out process..... you end up throwing a lot to the curb before you find a good one...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have a very large number of friends, some very dear and others who are just casual friends. But very few of those friends know that I am a CD! I am not really in the closet, but my life is rather private! I have a lady friend in Scotland who knows that I crossdress, but her husband and 2 sons do not know about that. And I know that she wil not tell them!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

The word friend is subjective. Sometimes it is just a term of endearment at that moment. Other times it is used as a non-comforntable opening to meeting someone leaving the door open for change. Then mostly I have found it a replacement for favorible aquantances. But a true friend is hard to come by and very few. My deffenission is simple, someone that will put aside anything short of life altering events or action of their own to come to your aide at anygiven time. That requires they trust you and know that you would do the same. Now ask yourself would I honestly do that for them? And you will usely find your answer if you are prudent and 1/2 way desent in picking your company. This formula has never let me down and works in every fascet of life have endevered into so far. One last word of responce if you go through life and have as many friends as you have on one hand you are in pretty good shape but any more you are either blessed or fooling yourself.

Fran

Aspiring Member
    I was just talking about this same thing this afternoon with my wife. I am pretty much of a loner, keep to myself and am very private. She, my wife, is the only person who I have ever let close enough to know everything about me. I confessed or rather asked her if she thought if the reason that I am like the way I am is because growing up I felt so guilty about myself dreaming about dressing like a girl and thinking that I could magically change from a boy to a girl. I always knew that I was attracted to girls but couldn't for the life of me understand my sexual feelings about being a female.

As I grow older, it is not so much asking myself why but rather just accepting who I am and enjoying my life. I guess one could say that I have two really devoted friends in my life: my wife and Annie and I will never let either one of them go.

I don't ask anything of my friends other than to just always be themselves, nothing more or less. The people that they are are the people I know and relate to and appreciate.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Emily...you can't give up! Thru life, you will always meet people, but only a select few friends- you will learn to know who they really are, and if there isn't "the one" the others that you meet are still friends, just not the best friend ever.....

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    It is the human nature to crave friendship. It is very difficult to make friends when dealing with the entire population, much less from a subset where we exist, and even harder to realize just who you should come out to.. But you cannot give up trying. half the fun is meting the new peope who might just someday become a friend. The failures hurt, but the one time it works will be worth it.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Platinum Member
    Hi Emily, Your real friends will understand if they don't understand then they are not real friends.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

As the song says; You find out who your friends are! That's why I stick to my signature!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: