Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What upsets me and what is not fair nor equal

Quote Originally Posted by shananigans View Post
    ...at the beginning of signing on to a project, my boss says, "alright...you're on this...but, don't go and get pregnant on me!" for real? Seriously? I mean, i know i couldn't be pregnant and on that project, but he didn't tell me male counterparts, "now, don't go all testosterone on me and get thrown in jail!"
    lol!

I was told the same thing. I did get pregnant though and left ... 9 years later. But, 3 guys I worked with quit way before I got pregnant, so I still was there longer than them.
    Reine

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Rebecca: Actually, I think that Pythos is not far from the truth. Complaining about equality in life is sometimes another way of complaining about life. Though you were, in my opinion, questioning and complaining about the lack of equality between men and women, isn't that a pretty general area that could also be considered "life" too, at least a part of life?
    I'm glad you included "sometimes"

While I've had, at times, one hell of sh#tty life. Experiences which would have most people curled up in foetal position in a corner uncontrollably sobbing, If anyone has a reason/excuses the think "life is not fair" I have have them. But... You know what?

Apart from a few little hiccups (bumps) life throws at us once in a while, my life, our life, is pretty damn good. If things were equal, then life for me would be grand!
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    (SPOILER ALERT/STOP READING IF YOU CARE!!!); and, in the movie, all of the rich people in Gotham lose their money and the city is in anarchy. The citizens start putting all of the rich people on trial, which ends in death no matter which way it goes. It's kind of interesting, because that would be exactly what would happen if your power was through monetary means only (and, not from character). (END SPOLIER/START READING AGAIN).
    Shan, I think this was called the French revolution. Or was it the Bolshevik revolution?

Sorry, that was harsh I know.

It does however I agree amaze me that we continue to hang onto our "free market" dream despite numerous historical real examples of it's failure and the pain and suffering that it can cause.