Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would your life be much simpler IF...

Banned Read only

Would your life be much simpler IF...

You could give "it" up?

I can rephrase to "Would you give up CDing if you could"?

I ask because there are usually at least a few ladies in most threads [probably most with SOs or maybe kids still in the nest?] who feel "bad" that they are CDers/don't really want to "suffer" with this CD "affliction".

I get the impression those ladies would like to make the CD "urge" just go away. IF they could.

I guess if there was a big enough market, big Pharma would already be peddling
    such a pill claiming to "cure" people.

How many people here have ever wished for a "cure" at some point in your past or maybe still do?

Maybe you crossed that line in the sand of self acceptance long ago and have never looked back?
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 07-22-2012 at 05:08 AM. Reason: replaced a word

Gold Member
    I worked for over 40 years, now that I am retired, Why would I quit now.
    I have the time to dress, and enjoy dressing, even though I am closet bound.
    No I do not want to quit just when I am starting to have fun.
    My only concern is that I die before I do a last purge so the kids do not see anything
    funny.
    Rader

I've wished for it to go away and many other things. It would make my life simpler but I would prolly not have the stress relief that dressing gives me. But now I'm starting to accept that this is a part of me and may never go away.

That is a good question. As you might of seen I am new here, well new in the sense that I have joined again. Guess that might answer part of your question would I give it up. Tried did not work, but I do like dressing so would I give it up all together if I could, maybe. I think it would make things easier on everyone. Thinking about the question I keep coming back to the realization that I just get so much enjoyment out of dressing I don't know If I would. Now does that sound like I am confused, sounds like it to me and I am the one writing it.

Hello,

I've seen threads like this before, and my answer still is HELL YEH. There are still too many stigma's attached to crossdressing and the impact to my life, even in the closet (locked in a box) this thing has caused me much grief. Now, it has also made me who I am today; I'd still give it up. I dread the day I post about being found out by neighbours or my employer.

Sam.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Simple answer to your question is 'yes' but the underlying issues are more complex. I accept and enjoy that I am transgendered, indeed a psychologist I saw this week confirmed that I am (as if I needed a confirmation). I went to the pyschologist who includes in her CV gender identity issues to see if there was a magic pill to help give 'it' up or some way of encouraging my wife to as least tolerate the femme side. Answer: no magic pill and no magic enlightenment for my wife in the short term given her baggage from her past.

On the latter, she said 'how many pschologists does it take to change a light globe'. 'One, but the light globe has to be willing.' My wife is unwilling to be changed.

Why try to find the pill if 'it' is part of me? Answer: I have lost one wife and could now loose a second because of 'it'. So my question in the absence of the magic pill is: where should my priorities lie, wife or dressing? I haven't found the answer but, in the meantime, will try to keep both.

Platinum Member
    Hi WAH, It would probably make my life a lot easier but being retired and coming up on 70 this year
    it's something that gives me so much pleasure.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've tried giving it up several times, sometimes even years, but I did not like the person I became when NOT dressing. I became short tempered, stressed and depressed. Something was missing. CDing relieves almost everything and makes me a better person to live with, happy and complete. Would I give it up if I could? Maybe, but only I could find something to equally make me feel good. Very unlikely.

There is honestly no "cure" for this affliction Hon as it is based on very deep rooted feelings and emotions although many would deny that. You can learn to manage it, however, and make it a total choice of whether to do or not (at any particular time) rather than leave it as an overriding compulsion. It is a complex emotional process that will take on a mind of it's own if allowed to. Then it can become problematic to deal with when it comes to family matters. Holding the reins in one's hands makes the difference.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Not on a bet. It is the people who reject all others that don't fit into their ideal of conformity that need the pill. I am somewhere between male and female and proud of that. I am grateful when I can express my feminine side, and I'm pushing for more. Being transgendered is not something that needs to be cured. It is who we are, both genetically and hormonally. So embrace who you (both) are, and try not to let the insensitive among us to bring you down.

Dee

I can say yes it would! But I can't give up so why fight it!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Life would be very simple and I'd probably be a millionare by now if I were not a cross dresser. However that battle was fought, and lost years ago, and I'm no longer ever going even contemplate trying to go the all 100% male route ever again. Now to the second question, would I give it up if could? Never, life would be just so boring and drab. It would be like I was partially lobotomized, girl half is permanently here to stay.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Part of me will foolishly say YES, I'd take the pill Partly due to the idea of doing the whole search thing to find an SO that may accept, or that I'm bi and might want to enjoy both sides of the fence but still want a special woman in my life (that is confusing in itself..lol). Maybe it would not be as big an issue if the stigmata of it all wasn't there. Yes, I see how some are just out and about, but in some cases that is a person who is wanting to live 24/7. For those of us who do this as a stress reliever (that includes going out and being YOU, a person that is more open.. ) or sexual/fetish fullfillment, part of the stress is the non-acceptance or fear. Yes, I said fear..don't spank my behind and preach about fear is in your head, etc

I have not dressed in a while but have those moments that I just want to dress, but next second will say no.. I won't clean out my closet as it is rather nice to have that reminder that its available when I want to.

Only reason for even thinking of taking a 'pill' is that I remember how my life was not so complicated.. when it was being single and on the hunt for that special woman..uhh for the night and then end up with one that stays around longer. So kudos to those SOs that are willing to accept or endure us
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No, Wild! My life would be a lot simpler if I gave up everything else!

If u saw my cars, house, and office u may think I already have!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Interesting question for me since I am only 5 years old doing this in my retirement years. My situation is so much different than a lot of others here who have dealt with the goods and bads of this lifestyle all their lives. I got in without all that baggage. What I would really want, that magic pill, is to have the side effects of my prostate removal for cancer erased. I think that the thing that caused this new life for me is because of that, like the final straw that broke the camel's back. I think that I might just be doing other more productive things in my life besides spending way too much time on this site and money on a second set of clothes and accessories. I think that if I did not find this lifestyle I would be just fine. However, since I am not an ambitious activity creator in my free time, this new me is really busy doing a lot of things that I might never had done, at least not dressed as a woman.

That being said, I know and read here a lot about people whose lives are being destroyed, or severely damaged by this past time of ours. They are driven to do it and do not like the side effects on their lives and personalities, which include deceit, hiding, fear of discovery, only partially exploring this side of themselves do to fear, and numerous other negative things. I try to empathize with them, but it is hard for me because I have had mostly positive experiences with everything so far.

My husband said "probably".

However, I know it's not something he could ever give up.
    Define "normal"

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Absolutely life would be easier. I don't think I'd take a pill though, not really into meds to control things, plus thinking of the side effects reminds me of what happens to people in cartoons when they take side effects.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    Life would be very simple and I'd probably be a millionare by now if I were not a cross dresser. However that battle was fought, and lost years ago, and I'm no longer ever going even contemplate trying to go the all 100% male route ever again. Now to the second question, would I give it up if could? Never, life would be just so boring and drab. It would be like I was partially lobotomized, girl half is permanently here to stay.
    Jocelyn you could have typed this for me.

I wouldn't give it up for anything. There's no real reason to give up CDin. Life would only be simpler if I won the lotto or something.
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

How could I give up something that I've come to accept as a huge part of myself. After decades of fear, shame and hiding I'm finally comfortable with who I am and now I should think about giving it up????????
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

He** no. I've only begun to have fun!!! I just came out to my family about 2 weeks ago, the reaction was fairly positive, ( my daughter has a hard time with my dangly earrings), and I went to the bank the other day to deposit some money, wearing a short short miniskirt,(and all the trimmins...) the teller complimented me on my nail polish, one other person said that I was the ugliest b***ch he ever saw..I laughed at him..
    I walked around the block where I live yesterday.. and I'm going shopping today...a pill to end all this fun???

PILL ?? I thought thats what BOOZE was for ,,,Hell I took that pill its worse than this thats for sure ,,No way Im happy as a clam ,,, The best is yet to come ,,,lol,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

All medications have side effects of varying severity. So if the side effect of this pill is losing some of those things attributed to the femme side...sensitivity, empathy, listening skills...then no pill. If the side effects do not interfer with with those traits, but remove all the guilt, fear, purges, lost energy from wanting to but avoiding dressing...then gimme. But then with an accepting SO, maybe I need to start enjoying the slightly larger closet.

No. I did stop dressing for over ten years. I was miserable. Whatever motivates us goes way beyond clothing, etc. It is a deep rooted need that must be respected and expressed. None of us would have any problems with crossdressing if we were in a more accepting culture of gender variant individuals. Do any of you believe the American Indians had problems with trans people? They, in fact, were respected and treated as special. So, when someone thinks I have a problem, I gently remind them they have issues, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyEvans View Post
    I've wished for it to go away and many other things. It would make my life simpler but I would prolly not have the stress relief that dressing gives me. But now I'm starting to accept that this is a part of me and may never go away.
    Well said! It's the best way for me to relieve stress as well.... Well, a bottle of wine helps also

Hillary