Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 153

Thread: Trying to accept that I am a transsexual

  1. #51
    Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    7,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree-asaurus View Post
    Finally, I realized that I AM a woman and because of that I feel like a woman.
    Exactly! You now know yourself to be a woman. You do not need "reasons" to know that about yourself, you just are.

    And my difficulty is that although I now know that I am not "male", I do not know that I am "female". I wish I did know that -- or at least it seems to me in my present state that it would be so much easier to live if I Just Knew I was female than to be as I am, stuck in the middle. (In contrast, I emotionally recoil from the possibility that I am still actually male.)

    I struggled for a long time on the question of whether I was "just a cross-dresser" or something more, and I came up with "reasons" that I was one or the other. I was absolutely unable to settle the matter through reason, but one day, between two moments, I quietly knew I was not male. Revelation, if you want to call it that. A step of Faith. A Conversion. A Mystic Experience. However it happened, I didn't know and then I did.

    I am intellectually prepared for the possibility that some day I will have another such revelation, that I will know that I am a woman. But I don't know that now, and I live with my agnosticism -- and with the possibility that some day that I will have a revelation that convinces me that I am not really female either. Though, to be frank, my heart leans more towards the hope that some day I will know myself to be female.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    The latter, to me, is an oxymoron. CD's like Tara (heterosexual, non-op, not bi) DO want to be female when they dress.
    Indeed, CD's that are like Tara are like that. Some CD's, though, dress to emulate female without wanting to temporarily be female. And there are CD's on the forum that state that they just like the clothes, the textures and colors and appearance and physical sensations of wearing them, and don't want to even emulate being female. A friend of mine who is on this system says it is strictly fun for him, that he does not identify as female at all, even when wearing the clothes,

    For myself, cross-dressing (before I knew I was transgender) was a compulsion, and I really couldn't have told you what I was getting out of it. It wasn't (consciously) to "be" female, even for a time. As I wandered closer and closer to realizing I was transgender, it was through the realization that even though I didn't feel as if I was female, that living as female worked better for me in so many ways.
    Last edited by sandra-leigh; 10-22-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: add response to newer post

  2. #52
    Member steph1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Steph, Just ONE time you allowed yourself......& it quickly became obvious???

    Please, I am NOT jumping on you, I am only trying to understand. OK? I am your friend, NOT your foe.
    "I have a great marriage and a great life". But, because you had a one time? reflection & made this life-changing; marriage destroying (I have read your wife's posts) decision?

    The majority of married people in this country would not be able to TRUTHFULLY say, " I have a GREAT marriage & a great life".

    You want to destroy the woman you married because "I have always wanted to be female". WHAT CD doesn't feel this way?
    That is why Tara & every CD on here tries their best to emulate a female-because they want to be female. Tara does not just play dress-up & acts like a woman. She BECOMES Tara (a different personality).

    Please don't throw away what you have.
    You promised your wife (I am assuming) that you would love, cherish, honor, etc. until death?

    What is more important to you- an epiphany you once had (& a crappy therapist-to suggest you transition and destroy your marriage) OR your "great marriage" to your "best friend"?
    A crappy therapist did not help my older sister-she killed herself anyway....despite giving this 'therapist' thousands of $$$ for 10 yrs. Some help she was.
    Just because a 'therapist' says "you do this" does not mean they are making the best suggestion. Please-I don't want to hear complaints from Therapists.....MOST are awesome!

    I hope I have not angered you. I am trying to help you & your wife.

    I just know the pain your wife is feeling right now.
    And, she LOVES you, too.

    P.S.: If I ALLOWED myself to feel through the process of losing all of my beloved family members in such a short timeframe-I would fall into a DEEP depression that I may never overcome. So-I DO NOT allow myself to feel this. I am too young to lose them at this point in my life-that's supposed to happen to most people in their 60's & 70's & so on.
    Once does not only mean one time, it is also a conjunction meaning after..."AFTER I allowed myself to feel through this process..." Do you really think that i would decide that I am TS after thinking about it one time? If you read what i wrote you would see that this took a long time, and that was to accept it. I have been this way since I was 4 but tried to ignor it.

    Where did you read that my therapist suggest that I transition? She has never suggested this. And why is she a crappyy therapist? Because she doesn't try to fix me?

    I have always loved, cherished and honored my wife and continue to do so. You say that i should not throw away all that I have but I am not trying to throw it away. The issue isnt me wanting to transition, i have not said that i am going to, it is that Angie is having a difficult time with all of this. Tara may become a different person but Angie doesnt want me to become Stephaine, even for a short period of time. So should I go back to dressing in the closet?

    Please dont comment on my marriage because you dont know us or anything about our marriage.

  3. #53
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I understand what you are saying about yourself and your feelings, and I respect that.

    But, for you to say, ".....they do not want to be female". This could be taken 2 ways: they do not want to BECOME females via SRS, OR CD's do not want to BE female".

    The latter, to me, is an oxymoron. CD's like Tara (heterosexual, non-op, not bi) DO want to be female when they dress. She changes her speech, mannerisms, walk, appearance (of course), and feelings to 'become' a woman in her eyes & psyche......She "wears it well".

    But, he likes his masculine 'self', too. He doesn't want to give that up.
    You don't BECOME female. You either are or you aren't. Transition, SRS and HRT are just to align your body with the gender that you already ARE.

    Just because someone dresses the part doesn't mean the person is the character portrayed.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    Exactly! You now know yourself to be a woman. You do not need "reasons" to know that about yourself, you just are.

    And my difficulty is that although I now know that I am not "male", I do not know that I am "female". I wish I did know that -- or at least it seems to me in my present state that it would be so much easier to live if I Just Knew I was female than to be as I am, stuck in the middle. (In contrast, I emotionally recoil from the possibility that I am still actually male.)

    I struggled for a long time on the question of whether I was "just a cross-dresser" or something more, and I came up with "reasons" that I was one or the other. I was absolutely unable to settle the matter through reason, but one day, between two moments, I quietly knew I was not male. Revelation, if you want to call it that. A step of Faith. A Conversion. A Mystic Experience. However it happened, I didn't know and then I did.

    I am intellectually prepared for the possibility that some day I will have another such revelation, that I will know that I am a woman. But I don't know that now, and I live with my agnosticism -- and with the possibility that some day that I will have a revelation that convinces me that I am not really female either. Though, to be frank, my heart leans more towards the hope that some day I will know myself to be female.
    Maybe you are somewhere in the middle. Or maybe you just haven't come to terms with who you are. No way to tell but to keep exploring and let time take it's toll.

  4. #54
    Banned Read only
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Raquel June View Post
    Yeah, but the "when they dress" part is one hell of a qualification. A non-op F2M transsexual wants to be female no matter what mood she's in or how she's dressed, and hetero or bisexuality is irrelevant.
    I am sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

    Yes, I agree, "A non-op F2M transsexual wants to be female no,matter what..."
    Tara does 'wish' s(he) had been born a female.

    But that didn't happen, so s(he) does her best to feel (really feel) like a woman when s(he) BECOMES Tara, a totally different personality.
    Just like 'Sybil', OR 'Secret Window'...Tara told me when s(he) saw that movie it was like he was watching himself.....another personality. For real.

    S(he) has a 3rd personality, but that is a personal matter between us that I won't talk about.

    Don't other CD's here become another personality when they become their feminine persona?

  5. #55
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I am sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

    Yes, I agree, "A non-op F2M transsexual wants to be female no,matter what..."
    Tara does 'wish' s(he) had been born a female.

    But that didn't happen, so s(he) does her best to feel (really feel) like a woman when s(he) BECOMES Tara, a totally different personality.
    Just like 'Sybil', OR 'Secret Window'...Tara told me when s(he) saw that movie it was like he was watching himself.....another personality. For real.

    S(he) has a 3rd personality, but that is a personal matter between us that I won't talk about.

    Don't other CD's here become another personality when they become their feminine persona?
    Don't worry about offending anyone. Speak your mind and apologize if you need to :P

    Some crossdressers and transsexuals may use the idea of multiple personalities to handle who they really are before they fully come to terms with who they are. It's just one of the stage that some people go through on the path to acceptance.

  6. #56
    Banned Read only
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree-asaurus View Post
    You don't BECOME female. You either are or you aren't. Transition, SRS and HRT are just to align your body with the gender that you already ARE.......
    Yes, I agree. But, I have spoken to, personally met, (& read posts from) several women who went thru' SRS.

    They will argue with anyone who says they are NOT now a female! NOT ME!!!....I'm keepin' my mouth shut!

    I have read so many posts in just such a short time here, and it seems that it is confusing to every person on this site:Transmasculine, Transsexual Male, FTM CD, Gender-Diverse;Bi; (sorry-I can't remember all of the acronyms) THAT we are ALL confused about our sexuality.

    So-arguing about who is right or who is wrong about THEIR own understanding of it all is a moot point.....But, sometimes it is interesting to converse with others on their sexuality-right?

    Love to ALL!
    Last edited by Snow White; 10-23-2012 at 12:19 AM.

  7. #57
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Yes, I agree. But, I have spoken to, personally met, (& read posts from) several women who went thru' SRS.

    They will argue with anyone who says they are NOT now a female! NOT ME!!!....I'm keepin' my mouth shut!

    I have read so many posts in just such a short time here, and it seems that it is confusing to every person on this site:Transmasculine, Transsexual Male, FTM CD, Gender-Diverse;Bi; (sorry-I can't remember all of the acronyms) THAT we are ALL confused about our sexuality.

    So-arguing about who is right or who is wrong about THEIR own understanding of it all is a moot point.....But, sometimes it is interesting to converse with others on their sexuality-right?

    Love to ALL!
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Opinions also change as we grow. I share mine and others share theirs.

    And like the saying goes: Opinions are like [things]... everyone has one :P

  8. #58
    GG ReineD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    18,155
    Raquel (post #49), I get what you mean, but you should correct your typo before an indignant F2M points out that he is a man. He doesn't want to be female.

    Back to GID/no GID/TS/non-TS/when dressed/when not dressed, discussed in the last few posts ...

    This is about people who are not on a transition path:

    If everything on this planet is a spectrum, it means there are middle states: male/gender-mix/female. Man/intersex/woman. Black/grey/white. Sweet/semi-sweet/bitter. Hot/tepid/cold. Smart/average/stupid. Ice/water/vapor. It makes sense this would also hold true with GID. There is full GID where the person is near suicidal if he or she is forced to live and present in the gender assigned at birth. And there is a milder form of GID where a person does not completely feel coherent with their biological sex, nor does he or she feel transsexual to the point of absolutely needing to transition, or die. The mixed-gender thing is hard to define, since we do live in a world that insists there are only two genders, male and female. We're all socialized to believe there are only just men and women. We only just see men and women around us. And so, people try to fit into being either male or female.

    A coping mechanism for people who do not have full-strength GID, is to switch back and forth. They even convince themselves they feel differently depending on how they're dressed. And if there is any endorphin release involved, I wonder how many in-betweeners (or even people who identify as CDers) mistake this for "feeling" female. If the endorphin release is strong enough, they may even prefer their female states. At any rate, whether there is an endorphin release or not, I know that it is possible to integrate all of this and just accept being mixed-gender and feel the same way internally all the time, whether or not one is dressed. Accept both the male and female traits as being present, side by side. This is not easy, but in my opinion it is more genuine. A bi-gender can still maintain his/her sanity (and job) by playing by society's rules like my SO, and switching back and forth under specific circumstances, yet still feel and act like the same person all the time ... a person who doesn't fully align with the males in his/her circle, but not fully with the females either.

    This whole business of changing personalities with the clothes might serve it's purpose when a bi-gender is discovering who s/he is, but it seems to me a person would be much saner if they could just become real with themselves about who they really are, and KNOW they are the same person no matter how they're dressed.



    Disclaimer: this does not apply to people who have full-on GID.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Don't other CD's here become another personality when they become their feminine persona?
    My SO doesn't. If s/he did, I'd really be worried.
    Last edited by ReineD; 10-23-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    Reine

  9. #59
    Banned Read only
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by steph1964 View Post
    Please dont comment on my marriage because you dont know us or anything about our marriage.
    Then WHY in the hell did you 'air your dirty laundry' about YOUR MARRIAGE if you did not want any comments on it????

    So-all of the 57 other people who are posting to your thread know you personally and anything about your marriage?

    I do KNOW THIS-Angie is in a lot of pain. Ask her if she knows me?
    Last edited by Snow White; 10-23-2012 at 12:48 AM.

  10. #60
    Member steph1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Then WHY in the hell did you 'air your dirty laundry' about YOUR MARRIAGE if you did not want any comments on it????

    So-all of the 57 other people who are posting to your thread know you personally and anything about your marriage?

    I do KNOW THIS-Angie is in a lot of pain. Ask her if she knows me?
    Because the other 57 people didn't say that I WANTED to destroy the woman I married. Question if I love, honor and cherish my wife, state that this was a one time epiphany that I was putting ahead of my marraige, state that I had a crappy therapist who suggested that I just transition, state that just because my therapist says something, doesn't mean I should do it, when she never told me to do anything and i didnt say i was doing anything.

    I also know Angie is in a lot of pain, but I am not trying to end the marriage. As she stated, she will not be married to a woman or a CD who presents frequently.

    I aired my dirty laundry because i was looking for support, which I assumed is what this forum was for. Angie has her family and several friends who know, so although it sucks for her, she has a support system, I didn't. And thanks for refering to my gender issues as dirty laundry.

    The issue I had with your post is that you state that you are not jumping on me, then attack everything I wrote, adding a lot of assumptions that were not true.

  11. #61
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by steph1964 View Post
    Because the other 57 people didn't say that I WANTED to destroy the woman I married. Question if I love, honor and cherish my wife, state that this was a one time epiphany that I was putting ahead of my marraige, state that I had a crappy therapist who suggested that I just transition, state that just because my therapist says something, doesn't mean I should do it, when she never told me to do anything and i didnt say i was doing anything.

    I also know Angie is in a lot of pain, but I am not trying to end the marriage. As she stated, she will not be married to a woman or a CD who presents frequently.

    I aired my dirty laundry because i was looking for support, which I assumed is what this forum was for. Angie has her family and several friends who know, so although it sucks for her, she has a support system, I didn't. And thanks for refering to my gender issues as dirty laundry.

    The issue I had with your post is that you state that you are not jumping on me, then attack everything I wrote, adding a lot of assumptions that were not true.
    This is totally getting off topic. But if you share publicly, you accept that anyone who reads it can share their opinion. You're free to disagree but seriously... c'mon...

    If you don't like what someone says, disregard it. This forum isn't a place to post knowing that every person who replies will agree with you and throw you a pity party. You post knowing full well that people can agree or disagree and reply accordingly.

    (for the record, I know nothing of the posts in question so I'm not commenting on what you posted elsewhere in the forum, just your reaction to someone else's responses)

  12. #62
    Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    7,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree-asaurus View Post
    You don't BECOME female. You either are or you aren't.
    There is a possibility that I am a (possibly rare) exception to that. When there are imbalances in the gendered brain centers, which gender is "dominant" might be subject to change, including the possibility of working pathways "wearing out" like the way bridges can eventually get undermined by flowing water. (I know of absolutely no studies to support or refute this possibility, so it could be anywhere from nearly-unique to "not uncommon")

    But anyhow, these mingled subthreads about dressing vs identity, and about CD vs middle vs TS, and about how one knows which one is, are, while interesting, I think getting pretty removed from Steph's original topic.

  13. #63
    Member steph1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree-asaurus View Post
    This is totally getting off topic. But if you share publicly, you accept that anyone who reads it can share their opinion. You're free to disagree but seriously... c'mon...

    If you don't like what someone says, disregard it. This forum isn't a place to post knowing that every person who replies will agree with you and throw you a pity party. You post knowing full well that people can agree or disagree and reply accordingly.

    (for the record, I know nothing of the posts in question so I'm not commenting on what you posted elsewhere in the forum, just your reaction to someone else's responses)
    I am not looking for a pitty party and dont have a problem if people disagree, i was just angered that I was attacked with a whole bunch of comments that aren't true. I apologize, it has been a crapy day.

  14. #64
    Banned Read only
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by steph1964 View Post
    I am not looking for a pitty party and dont have a problem if people disagree, i was just angered that I was attacked with a whole bunch of comments that aren't true. I apologize, it has been a crapy day.
    Steph, I know it has been a VERY crappy day for you and Angie. I had PM'ed her & I felt her pain.

    I also did not mean to attack your gender issues with what I thought was 'helping'...I suck at the written word. Please forgive me? It IS hard for us GG's to relate to something that we do not understand, because I have read MANY say here they themselves do not understand. Right?

    I said I was your friend, not your foe. I failed in that attempt, and I am truly sorry.
    I haven't had the time to read ALL of the posts to your Thread, and I did not realize you were attacked by many. I was trying to save your marriage-period.
    I PM'd her & asked "how often IS frequently to her". I know she will answer me later, as she went to sleep at her Mom's house.
    "I aired my dirty laundry because i was looking for support, which I assumed is what this forum was for".
    As another CD on here said last week, (I am paraphrasing)..."Please don't look to this website to solve your marital issues".

    This is tough, really tough for you BOTH. I just want you both to realize how much you DO love each other, and the vows you said to each other on your wedding day? Women take these words TO HEART. We say them from our hearts.

    And, I do NOT doubt you said your vows from your HEART as well?

    You both can get through this.
    I am so sorry I hurt you, Steph.
    Last edited by Sandra; 10-24-2012 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Keep religious comments for the religious forum please.

  15. #65
    Aspiring Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    645
    Steph:

    I am beginning to realize that I too may be transsexual. I'm still in the closet, and we will have to wait and see. I'm going to go to a therapist as soon as I find one and see if my suspicions are correct. Thanks for posting, makes me feel not so alone.

    I realize that when I do tell my wife, our marriage will be over. I do hope love stays, but I'm sure that we could not continue as Wife and Wife. We have been distant for years, it's just hard to realize it was my fault. Oh my, these posts are bringing out such deep feelings. Got to stop now, I'm crying.
    Last edited by ChelseaErtel; 10-23-2012 at 08:11 AM.

  16. #66
    Banned Read only
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Here,There,Anywhere
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    As expressive as smilies might be, I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. Do you think that you could elaborate a little more, just in case you are saying something that I or others might wish to respond to?
    Ok Reine
    You want to know what I think?
    Wait, better yet, sometimes music best descripes my feelings because of the background noise.I know Tracii will appreciate this one

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xPaeONSn_8

    Thera
    Last edited by Nigella; 10-23-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Religious comments only go in the religious forum

  17. #67
    Silver Member Raquel June's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    2,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I am sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

    Yes, I agree, "A non-op F2M transsexual wants to be female no,matter what..."
    Tara does 'wish' s(he) had been born a female.

    But that didn't happen, so s(he) does her best to feel (really feel) like a woman when s(he) BECOMES Tara, a totally different personality.
    Just like 'Sybil', OR 'Secret Window'...Tara told me when s(he) saw that movie it was like he was watching himself.....another personality. For real.
    You didn't offend me

    I understand what you're talking about. I would do anything to have been born a female, but that's not gonna happen, and if I wasn't a weirdo who obsesses about my gender issues ... and loves sparkly things ... I would probably have to admit that I would've been better off just accepting my guy-ness. Because there is a difference between me and someone who is born female. I've been through different things.

    I've definitely got issues. I'm attracted to women, but I don't quite see myself as someone who is attracted to trans women. And that's ridiculous, because there have actually been a few trans women who I have been attracted to pretty intensely. I still can't help seeing GGs and trans women as someone different, and I'm more attracted to GGs. And I'm more inclined to see trans women as my sisters.

    I guess there's not anything wrong with that. But it messes with my mind the fact that I -- even as a person who identifies as female -- can't help drawing some major distinctions between myself and females in general.



    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Raquel (post #49), I get what you mean, but you should correct your typo before an indignant F2M points out that he is a man. He doesn't want to be female.
    Oopsie! Fixed!
    [SIZE="1"][FONT=Tahoma]
    And I'm alive. And I'm alone. And I never wanted to be either of those.
    [/FONT][/SIZE]

  18. #68
    . Aprilrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,483
    Are you "trying to accept that (you are) transsexual" or are you trying to decide wether or not to transition? These are two very different things. You can be TS and do nothing about it, though I wouldn't recommend it.

    In trying to decide if you should transition consider this, Transition should be about survival anything short of that could be a disaster. When you boil it down to that qualification then marriage or no marriage becomes irrelevant. What difference does it make if you have a great marriage if your internal life sucks.

    Ask yourself this; are you so distracted by thoughts of gender all day everyday that you can no longer function at your job? Are you so jealous of ordinary woman that you want to cry? What's worse on a day to day basis, the distraction and obsession with gender or the suicidal thoughts from all the shame and guilt? Does being stuck in the male role in your life make you angry, depressed, jealous and hateful?

    Transition fixes one thing, GID. If your lucky and pass well after transition you get to be an ordinary woman (or man) nothing more and often something slightly less if and when people find out your actually a transsexual.

    Think about it.

  19. #69
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,181
    Angie and Steph my heart goes out to you!!

    Steph, you are at a point where you and your wife potentially face a totally cruel and unfair problem

    Hopefully, you will find over time that you just can't convince yourself you are transsexual (for any reason...not sure, afraid, compartmentalization), then you are lucky indeed.
    However, your feelings whereever they are now will never go away...only you know the depth of feeling...but you need to know that it will never go away..
    In my experience, most people that get to the point where they are truly questioning it are transsexual, they are women, and they basically are going through hell and high water to avoid the simple fact.. i have seen this over and over again... i see it here....

    If you are somehow a mixed gender, then spending time as "her" will satisfy you AND being "him" would satisfy you too...you'd have the satisfaction of knowing you are expressing your female side...does this do it for you?? does this break the cycle of GID and depression? you are lucky if it does...a self aware transsexual woman would never ever say "i need some guy time"...

    some of the things mentioned in this thread are common things we talk about here and in therapy.. some of the concepts make your problem overwhelming to consider..............
    do i "wish" i was female, do i "know" i am female, do i "hate" that i'm a transsexual, why me!!!???why did it take so long to think this?, on and on....an on!! ugh

    You need to jettison all of that baggage right on out of your mind.. consider what a 4,5,6 yr old little "boy" goes through...internally knowing they are wrong, but not being able to understand...imagine the hoops in our heads as we try to process our situation, hanging out with all the boys where the absolute worst thing you can be is a sissy... i got beat up in middle school for crossing my legs......for me it became a wishful fantasy, for others, they "KNEW" all along (btw this is the traditional narrative but its by far not the only one), for others they compartmentalize it away to varying extents...some of us transfer our shame and anxiety to our sexuality, others don't...see what i'm saying? it means you need to look forward to what you can learn more than back to what you "thought"....it means that your memory is faulty and it has all the little tripwires you put in there yourself...

    april's questions are spot on... what are your answers? perhaps the questions don't burn yet , but perhaps you have a sense they will someday...maybe thinking about your future as a guy fills you with dread...i know for me a crystallizing thought i had was me on my deathbed, and i KNEW FOR A FACT that i would regret my life, that i would feel i lived a wasted life... i was able to process that thought back to WHY i thought that, and it was a huge step for me...OMG!! This feeling is GID, i am transsexual...and then it became all about what to do about it..

    What is your quality of life...you made a statement about your great life...gosh do i get that!! I had a wonderful wife, two really centered and happy teenage daughters (how many can say that!?), a great job with lots of power and responsibility and money too... i had to give it all up... "had to" is the operative word... all these wonderful things that i loved and appreciated were making my life worse... they were suffocating me, and something in my life changed (can't say exactly when) and from that point every good thing made everything worse...my quality of life was below zero and i started giving the "ts" answer to all of april's questions...

    think of it this way...there truly is nothing you can do to change whether you are transsexual... if you are, you and your family are going to have to deal with it
    you and your wife deserve to have a good quality of life... what can you do to have the best overall quality of life?? I only accepted my transsexuality when i realized that all those things that were so great in my life where no longer improving my quality of life, and when i thought of my wife, my mom, my kids, my job and how wonderful they were, it destroyed my quality of life..it filled me with dread!!!

    sorry to be so stark... there is a way out...therapy, hugs, a loving and caring wife, and finally the epiphany of acceptance can really be a good thing... i know it sounds coldly analytical (that's me , the math major), but if you are ts...you are ts!!! it's already part of your life and most importantly your marraige...the sooner you deal with it honestly and with love, the better off you both will be!!...so keep posting!!! ask ask ask....pm folks who have thoughts that are helpful to you...

  20. #70
    Banned Read only
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Here,There,Anywhere
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    ...maybe thinking about your future as a guy fills you with dread......
    I just thought I'd give him something to snap out of it and remember his wife.

    She's starting to freak out overhere......................Hello

    Thera

  21. #71
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,181
    i have no idea what you are talking about

    snap out of it?? good luck with that.

    if the truth seems hurtful or out of place today, perhaps you should consider what it will feel like in a year, or 5 years or 20 years, when it will still be the truth

  22. #72
    Super Moderator Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    En route
    Posts
    5,842
    Unfortunately, Thera's contribution is from someone who (according to the introductory thread) has only recently started exploring cross-dressing in some depth.

    They don't have any point of reference to understand what Steph is going through as a Transsexual. Thera cannot imagine the depths of despair and depression that Steph will be going through or the extreme lengths that she has already gone to to try to mitigate the effects of her gender on her wife.

    I think that it is great that Steph's wife has been trying to work this through with her and that Steph has shown a great deal of maturity and consideration in accepting her wife's need to have a husband. This is nothing like the so-called "pink fog" that envelopes some cross-dressers when they sense a little freedom - this is a matter of life and death.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven

    This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

    Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

    Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

  23. #73
    Banned Read only
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Here,There,Anywhere
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    if the truth seems hurtful or out of place today, perhaps you should consider what it will feel like in a year, or 5 years or 20 years, when it will still be the truth
    Lets explore these truths:

    Steph wants to be a chick

    Mr Steph married and made a commitment to a woman(AS A MAN)

    Wife of Steph doesn't want to be married to a chick

    Steph needs to wake up and get with wife on marriage situation

    If he was single then most of these wouldn't be a problem,wouldn't you agree?


    Quote Originally Posted by Rianna Humble View Post
    Unfortunately, Thera's contribution is from someone who (according to the introductory thread) has only recently started exploring cross-dressing in some depth.
    They don't have any point of reference to understand what Steph is going through as a Transsexual..
    Rianna
    You may be right but I just call em as I see em

    Thera

  24. #74
    . Aprilrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,483
    thera, go back to the CD section with the other dudes

  25. #75
    Banned Read only
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Here,There,Anywhere
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    thera, go back to the CD section with the other dudes
    I don't want too, I want to play here.





    Thera

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Check out these other hot web properties:
Catholic Personals | Jewish Personals | Millionaire Personals | Unsigned Artists | Crossdressing Relationship
BBW Personals | Latino Personals | Black Personals | Christian Personals | Celebrity Gossip
Biker Personals | CD Relationship | Crossdressing Dating | FTM Relationship | Dating | TG Relationship


Browse Crossdressers By State