Thread: Great experience at dinner

Great experience at dinner

Last night, my wife and I had a "girlfriend" dinner out at our favorite Thai restaurant. We had been to this restaurant many times as wife and husband (myself not en femme), so they definitely know us as a couple.

Anyhow, when our server (in her 20s) came to our table to introduce herself and get our drink orders, she couldn't help looking at me closely. Then she said in a friendly manner, "I recognize you. You're pretty and look classy." That was so nice. The rest of the evening, she smiled at me whenever she walked by, addressed us as "ladies" and asked if we wanted one check or two (since we were obviously just girlfriends and not a couple for gosh sakes!)

I told her I really appreciated her effort to treat me so well. Honestly, it can feel better to be read and treated as a woman, than to pass altogether. I guess I'm saying that receiving acceptance feels really good

Wow Amanda, how cool is that! Acceptance without judgment is a has to be a huge boost to you morale.

Betty

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    Honestly, it can feel better to be read and treated as a woman, than to pass altogether. I guess I'm saying that receiving acceptance feels really good
    Amanda,
    I'm with you here. I don't feel it necessary to be "read" as a woman in order to be treated with dignity.
    I feel I should be treated with dignity while expressing my femininity simply because it is the right thing to do.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Mandy, girl sounds like alot of fun, special girlfriends, i wish i could go out like that with my SO, she still is nerves from last halloween, she would if she could keep me at home dress only, but as you know once out, it hard not wanting to go out again, Hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Amanda! Wow .... that's such an awesome thing to hear Going out with one's SO as two girls is such a wonderful thing to do and I do it myself from time to time too. My wife always insists that I order for myself using my (attempted) femme voice but it's her who "treats her girlfriend to dinner"

I'm so glad to hear that you and your wife are still embracing this side of yourself with togetherness and especially her participation. Wives like yours are special.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Gold Member
    Amanda; That is so nice, I see why you return to the friendly restaurant.
    I would die to have the chance you have.
    Rader

I think I would of left the biggest tip I ever had after that! Good for all of you!

Platinum Member
    Hi Amanda, That's a wonderful story I can only imagine that you were on cloud #9
    and you are so very lucky to have such a great wife.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genny B View Post
    I think I would of left the biggest tip I ever had after that!
    My thought as well. Make it cash, if possible... what the IRS can't trace is plausibly deniable.

Amanda, I'll bet you were ecstatic... and your wife's participation was essential to the overall experience. Thanks for the uplifting and inspirational sharing.

Sounds like a lovelyevening

That was a great story! I liked the part about being asked about separate checks, something unexpected that has happened to my wife and I several times when she dined with Eryn.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    A very nice story. Places like that make you feel really welcome, thanks for sharing.
    Dana Ryan

Honestly, it can feel better to be read and treated as a woman, than to pass altogether. I guess I'm saying that receiving acceptance feels really good
    My SO feels the same way.

If people can get over their fear of being read, their worlds will open up tremendously.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLynne View Post
    My thought as well. Make it cash, if possible... what the IRS can't trace is plausibly deniable.
    Helping someone with tax evasion is not something I really want to do. When someone else doesn't pay their fair share, taxpayers (like me) have to pay more.

That said, I tip in cash because some restaurants have a policy of deducting the credit card processing fee from server's tips. That seems a little unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    Hi Amanda! Wow .... that's such an awesome thing to hear Going out with one's SO as two girls is such a wonderful thing to do and I do it myself from time to time too. My wife always insists that I order for myself using my (attempted) femme voice but it's her who "treats her girlfriend to dinner"

I'm so glad to hear that you and your wife are still embracing this side of yourself with togetherness and especially her participation. Wives like yours are special.
    It is a great story and I am jealous. I'm not at the point where I'm fully dressed around my wife but she is becoming more comfortable with it each day.

My dream is to do what Amanda and he wife did, go out on the town as two ladies. Shop, sightsee, and dine. I'm hoping to get there someday.
    Last edited by Eryn; 07-24-2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts. Please use the multiquote button at the bottom right of each post to put all your replys in one post.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Very nice story, I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your time. I agree it doesn't matter if I am read , I just want to be treated like the lady that I am presenting.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Beautiful Girl to Nikki ♥ Billiebluenose1878 GG's Avatar
    Thats a great story Amanda ...... i bet you felt great and yes i would have tipped her a bit extra ....xxxx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]To wake up and see SweetNikki i love by my side happy is very special and important to me xxxxx
    In life ... we dont lose friends .... we discover who our real friends really are ....

Cariad a Cwtches xxxxx

Love everyone equally and tolerate all xxxxx

@WelshbirdBillie on Twitter

Platinum Member
    That is absolutely wonderful, Mandy. I bet you still are smiling about how well you were served, and the very classy, complimentary and accepting attitude displayed by your server. What a delightful young lady. I'm sure you gave her a great tip!

Fabulous story and absolutely amazing from someone that knew you.

I told her I really appreciated her effort to treat me so well. Honestly, it can feel better to be read and treated as a woman, than to pass altogether. I guess I'm saying that receiving acceptance feels really good
    I think you're going to get an awful lot of people who completely agree with you here. No way I could have said it better!

-Bree

That's cool, except for her assumption that y'all couldn't be possibly be a couple (because any man that dresses as a woman MUST be gay?)

Quote Originally Posted by goofus View Post
    That's cool, except for her assumption that y'all couldn't be possibly be a couple (because any man that dresses as a woman MUST be gay?)
    She was honoring the situation as my wife and I presented it - two girlfriends out for dinner. In my experience, two women are given the choice of one check or two. It was the utmost demonstration of respect on her part and my wife and I really appreciated it. ** Her generous tip was very well deserved! **

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLynne View Post

Amanda, I'll bet you were ecstatic... and your wife's participation was essential to the overall experience. Thanks for the uplifting and inspirational sharing.
    Actually, the IRS solved this issue years ago, Becca. If you're a waiter or ress, dealer, carhop, etc., etc., that normally receives tips, the IRS uses their own tip chart to compute your tip tax due! My sister in law was a dealer in Vegas. Suddenly out of the blue the IRS sent all of them bills for unpaid taxes on what they guessed their average tips had been!

Obviously you've never dealt with the IRS! There's no such thing as "plausible deniability" with them! U owe whatever they say u do unless u can absolutely prove beyond a reasonable doubt u DON'T owe that amount! Plus interest. plus penalties!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!