Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what do you see when you look in the mirror

what do you see when you look in the mirror

This weekend I managed to girl up for just a little while. I put on my makeup, my favorite earrings, little black dress, heels, and did my hair. And when I was finished I felt wonderful. Pretty. Then I made the mistake of seeing myself in the mirror. And I was so disappointed. Sad. I know I'll never pass. I just wish I could look half as pretty as I feel. Maybe some day I'll have the guts to post a pic.

Hun, you will always be your own worst critic. Close your eyes and look beyond the reflection in the mirror to the deepest place in your heart. Then open your eyes and see the beautiful woman looking back at you. :-)
    ” I'm hell on heels, say what you will ”

Quote Originally Posted by jackie k View Post
    This weekend I managed to girl up for just a little while. I put on my makeup, my favorite earrings, little black dress, heels, and did my hair. And when I was finished I felt wonderful. Pretty. Then I made the mistake of seeing myself in the mirror. And I was so disappointed. Sad. I know I'll never pass. I just wish I could look half as pretty as I feel. Maybe some day I'll have the guts to post a pic.
    Well, my mirror's not all it's cracked to be ... tee hee hee ...

Seriously: Jackie: If you feel pretty, just feel pretty - and show us some pics of you feeling pretty - and that pretty feeling will show, OK hon?

When I get dressed up full femme all I see is the girl inside getting out and smiling at me. Although I never feel as though I would pass, I do think I look pretty. I'm way more vain than when in guy mode. Seriously don't let me in front of a mirror when en femme. I would be there for the day! I would agree with Amber. Believe in yourself that you're pretty and then you'll see that woman inside smile. Us girls like to be complimented

Gold Member
    Well the mirror was never kind to me. I see a big guy wearing a dress.
    That is about all I could ever hope to see.
    Rader

Tell ya what I see ???? FAT LADY ,,, Well its the truth !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    Tell ya what I see ???? FAT LADY ,,, Well its the truth !!!
    OK- OK you got me; you must be able to see my mirror also.
    Rader

Chin up, there are lots of GG's who feel the same way. Disclaimer: I don't know any though.

Wow, I love all the replies so far. I am pretty good at self survival, i.e. avoid taking on negative emotional and mental baggage that may tarnish the joy I get out of this late in life new and fun experience that I continue to grow into. When I first started dressing, actually probably the first time totally made up when I was dressing with someone I met on line, I looked in a large hand held mirror after finishing the makeup and putting on a wig. What I saw was myself totally transformed into me in another gender. I had a smile on my face for the next few months every time I dressed up by myself at home just remembering that major change in my looks.

I still to this day cannot believe the total transformation that happens every time I dress up. Now, I do have those occasional moments when I truly and realistically look at myself in the mirror and see that old man trying to look like something that "he" is not. Now, that is when my survival techniques takes over and I tell myself that I have always known and understood that, and that since I do not plan on raining on my own parade, I immediately erase that thought from my mind and thus keep that negativity out of my baggage compartment. So, I take that positive attitude and self acceptance on the road and go out into the real world and try to be myself and have fun. And the truth is I have been successful doing that every time out. For me it comes naturally and maybe for you it may take some work. Maybe start by realizing how much you really can change your looks from male to female mode. That is not easy, but everyone of us can see that difference, independently from what others see. Yes, we would like others to see that, but unfortunately or maybe fortunately they probably do not know what our male self, the raw canvas that we started to create this new self of ours, really looks like. Therefore, if you can't celebrate for now the final product, you can always celebrate that ability to transform yourself. By building up those positive thoughts in your mind, your long looks into that awful and truthful mirror will eventually become short glances at the finished product to make sure that you got that mascara smudge off the middle of your forehead before heading out the door.

Don't be too hard on yourself. I agree with Amber Lyn: you will always be your worst critic. I have that problem...I don't like what I see either. But keep doing what you are doing because it makes you feel good. Build confidence. There are plenty of people here that will build you up once you do post a pic. Trust me, I have seen where others have posted pics and the comments build people up.

What do I see?

The other side of me that has spent too long hiding, but is now free to explore the world

I see a lonely ol' lady that wants to go shopping! And she always wins!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Maybe it's just lighting, but certain mirrors are kinder than others. The mirror in the salon is a fantastic friend, but the one in my bathroom is pure evil. Like it's the talking mirror from Snow White. Guess it never heard the saying...."if you don't have anything nice to say..."
    The meaning of life is to win the human race, or maybe, it's just finding the perfect shoes.

When I dress myself in a set of my favourite clothes, do my make-up carefully, put on my jewellry and a wig that suits my face I'm nearly always delighted with what I see in my mirror. Often I will then take some pics and be disappointed that I can't capture the same quality image. It also depends on the mirror and background lighting so I'll choose the mirror that makes me look best, Fortunately its usually the full-length one where I can see my entire body. Anyway the joy and excitement I get from seeing that attractive sexy woman opposite me is immense.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jackie, What do I see in my mirror ??
    Some times depending on which wig that I'm wearing
    I can see my mother or one of my sisters I try to dress as nice as I can.

I'm pretty happy with my reflection most of the time then
    other times I see an old guy in a dress then it's time to put Orchid away.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I see an old guy in a dress..... more often the older I get.... sigh.......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

What I see is ME!
    Only problem is that I wish I had seen me 30 years ago or so when I was younger and "hopefully" prettier.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I don't look in the mirror. It would remind me of what I really am, as opposed to what I feel that I am.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I just got dressed to go out and checked myself in the mirror. Nowdays I see a confident oman and I love it.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

i tended to get really down when i looked in the mirror but my SO blew my mind when she told me, don't try and be female not even GG's can reach that perfection goal. be a beautiful mix of both male and female

Quote Originally Posted by daphne_pynk View Post
    i tended to get really down when i looked in the mirror but my SO blew my mind when she told me, don't try and be female not even GG's can reach that perfection goal. be a beautiful mix of both male and female
    This is a good point Daphne and it has been alluded to earlier in the thread as well. There is a massive wave of views out in GG land about the size 0 women and how women are portrayed by the media as being so perfect, whereas the majority of GGs will never live up to the portrayed image. As men we know this because we date and marry real women and love them for who they are and all of that. The immaculate images we are presented with are largely fantasy, and many are not real and fair representations of who the woman is. The film industry used body doubles for decades and today most images in fashion mags and on hoardings are digitally enhanced.

The trouble is that I think we are caught in the same trap. I want to be a beautiful woman!

I look in the mirror and I can see two different images... one is the ageing man hiding under all the grease paint and fooling no-one - the other is the real me... the me who I should have been and who I damn well am going to be!

As has been said, look behind the mask and find the real you. Then you will see her staring right back at you!

Or in this case... away from you!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kaz; 07-24-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]The lady in the mirror is a tall old broad with a good heart and a great smile. I like the old girl. We been through a lot together. She looks good to me.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    [SIZE="4"]The lady in the mirror is a tall old broad with a good heart and a great smile. I like the old girl. We been through a lot together. She looks good to me.[/SIZE]
    Well put! I feel that too! Except this broad is not as broad as she'd like and also not so tall - but I like my 5'6"! xx
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

When Im dressed and I look in the mirror, I can be fully made up, huge cleavage, perfume, the works...

But untill I get the wig on and fix it in the mirror, Im still a man, once Im happy with my hair and Ive achieved the desired look, Im straight into femme mode
    Samantha -x-

If I looked right now I'd see an old guy with a baseball cap trying to hide his receding hairline.

In girl mode I see a happy old girl smiling at me saying what took you so long to let me out?