Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what do you see when you look in the mirror

Sometimes I see a pretty girl, that I would love to get my hands on!!! Once in a while I do!! I am still suprized that she has"nt slapped me yet!!!

The mirror reflects pretty much what I want it to.It is actually a tool to guide me in image presentation. If I'm getting dressed and ready en femme, that's what it shows, an external reflection of my feminine expression. If I'm Rich I just check to see if I'm good to go and don't have ketchup on my mouth or something.I really don't have to think too much if I'm presenting as a guy. In any case, I'm not nearly as picky when I'm Rich.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    ten months ago, when I first started dressing, all I saw was an old dude. none of the clothes registered.

That changed to the dude in a dress. Next I saw a nice dress or outfit. Sure, it could have been on a manikin but it was presented nicely.

I am just beginning to see a likable person, possible some feminine traits, showing me some makeup or an outfit, and i am accepting and willing to work with her, even if she does talk really funny when i try to carry on a conversation...lol

I am at the point that I think I really see Barbara, not always pleasant, but i am seeing who i feel i am, and I can be happy with that feeling.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    ...I looked in a large hand held mirror after finishing the makeup and putting on a wig. What I saw was myself totally transformed into me in another gender. I had a smile on my ...
    Same here. But not the finished product I wanted to be. It took a lot of makeup/dressup sessions to hone the skills and refine the look I wanted. Fortunately, the practice was quite enjoyable. I tried different looks, and was determined that if I didn't like the look I wouldn't do that again. Young teen girls don't get it right at first - we shouldn't expect to, either. I don't always get it right, but I'm generally happy with what I see.

I've got my mirror pretty well whipped into line now. It shows me what I want to see. If it doesn't, it knows what will happen to it. If anyone wants to borrow it for a while, I'm feeling generous this evening.

Annabelle

Banned Read only
    The mirror is fine. It's that damm camera that I don't like. It catches everything!

I see the best person that I can be now.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Caroline View Post
    The mirror is fine. It's that damm camera that I don't like. It catches everything!
    Haha! So so true! I laughed out loud when I read this... Oh to be a photographer... it used to be a prized skill before the advent of smart phones??
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Attachment 184110 Somedays I feel like this, other days well you know..
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    My dad with long hair!!!........though sometimes when its dark....and I have had a couple of drinks...I think I look OK... until I wake up next morning that is

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    I'm rarely happy with what I see looking back from the mirror - shame they were ever invented really - maybe we'd all be a lot happier with ourselves if we couldnt see our own reflection.

I dont see very good so I imagine what I look like madeup, dressedup, perfumed up.. When I walk in the hallway where the light is brightest....well, it's just not fair...lol dana.

Y think: Not as bad as I thought, and ma surprised

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by daphne_pynk View Post
    i tended to get really down when i looked in the mirror but my SO blew my mind when she told me, don't try and be female not even GG's can reach that perfection goal. be a beautiful mix of both male and female
    I agree so much with this comment.
    I had a hard time too at first but found a glimmer of my inner self and just worked all the guy in a dress anguish out over time.

I see a tired old person who is loosing the war with the wrinkles and it depresses the snot outta me . . .

I see a very happy and confident woman, and an occasional zit.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I agree with the camera statement and video capture is even more critical. There's a range from 'hot looking mature lady' to 'ridiculous fat guy cross dressing'. But the mind is very good at playing tricks. The more you want to see an attractive woman, the more your brain will try to fill in any gaps to make it so.

Some times I see anot to bad looking women some times it ahomely looking older women . Then I go out and see some GG that look worse then me I dont feel as bad any more.

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    I see a very happy and confident woman, and an occasional zit.
    When I grow up I wanna look just like Kelly, zit and all!!

Wonder if it helps if you use a larger mirror were the face only make a small part of the hole image.
    I see and feel a pair of deep eyes, big nose and a large body. But I have actually met genetically born with this as well, so even thou it reveals male appearance I like to think that its not necessarily it. Perhaps you shouldn't hook yourself up on details.
    When I took pictures of myself I stood a long time holding the camera in different angles, I used a low resolution camera and I wanted the image blurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lyn View Post
    Hun, you will always be your own worst critic. Close your eyes and look beyond the reflection in the mirror to the deepest place in your heart. Then open your eyes and see the beautiful woman looking back at you. :-)
    I agree with this
    How you feel when looking in a mirror might reflect how you feel within.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I agree so much with this comment.
    I had a hard time too at first but found a glimmer of my inner self and just worked all the guy in a dress anguish out over time.
    Tracii, nice take on a great post... it is who we are that is important, not who we wish we were... though the mirror (and the camera) can provide us with both.... with a bit of creativity!

xx
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Myself...

On a more serious note, like most of us finding the right angle is key. If I turn 10 degrees the wrong way I look really butch girl, but if I go the other way everything look right.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I see me. Sometimes I'm sloppy and need a shave, a clean shirt and should run a comb through my hair. Other times I'm pretty well cleaned up and looking like a crossdresser doing his damnedest to be pretty. If I have a drink or two, turn the lights down and kind of squint I can pretend to see a woman there.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Too many times the person I see in the mirror doesn't match the "me" in my head. After my day as a male at work I enjoy the relaxing feel of dressing up whether it's a dress or a skirt and blouse. To me the feel is natural and right and comfortable.

Silver Member
    "I put on my makeup, my favorite earrings, little black dress, heels, and did my hair. And when I was finished I felt wonderful. Pretty" - That's what is really important - how you feel.