Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repulsion to masculine things

Repulsion to masculine things

I'm closer to the transsexual side of things than the cross dressing one, I feel. However, I'm curious how many in the MtF CD Forum not only have a love of feminine things, but actually dislike masculine clothing, mannerisms, and such?

When I have to put on a man's button-down shirt, for instance, it just depresses me the whole time I'm wearing it. I stopped referring to myself with masculine pronouns months ago. Checking the "M" box on a medical form feels for all the world like a blatant lie. If I'm near macho guys in a restaurant, I move. I don't identify with masculinity at all, apparently.

I know many cross dressers enjoy the duality of their lives and I think that's a great way to live if it makes a person happy having that flexibility.

Am I even a cross dresser if I don't want anything masculine in my life, including what's "down there?" I apologize for being graphic; I'm wondering if anyone else feels like I do, and if so, do you consider yourself a cross dresser or transsexual.

Thanks for reading...

Not me.... I enjoy pretty much what ever I'm wearing.... I'm not repulsed by anything...... except stupidity.... lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The smell of men's deodorant and shaving cream is a turn off. Mannerisms - I'll agree. I don't mind wearing men's clothes, but I don't like hanging out with groups of macho type guys. But I can also get tired of pure female company. Some girl talk gets boring.

I can't really say that I'm repulsed or dislike male clothes, pasttimes, mannerisms or behaviors, it's just that none of it comes natural to me; it's all like playing a part in a play or something like that. Sure, I've gotten very good at it, but it will always feel as if it's not natural to me.

Edit: the strong male scent that you can quickly identify from men's locker rooms makes me physically ill; waves of nausea come over me in a short time, though actual vomiting only occurred once that I can remember. Other than that, nothing else seems to cause any adverse reactions.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 07-24-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I've always been uncomfortable in masculine settings and when I was a little kid, I feared being in situations where I was among lots of boys and particularly adult men. I remember dreading going to the barber shop, to the point of tears, because I would be dropped off there by my mother and there were always several men waiting to get their hair cut. I remember being teased a few times by the men about being a girly boy, to the point of tears once, and the barber had to tell them to leave me alone.

As I got older, I learned to deal with my fear of men and things got better, but I've never felt comfortable in situations where I'm among lots of "macho" men.

I've never liked my social role as a boy or man. I accept that I'm a male, but I don't like it. Back when I was a kid, there was nothing as far as information, let alone support, for transgender people, only persecution and ridicule, so I hid my true self away.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I also see myself down the TS side more and more often and suspect that is where I always was. From a purely pragmatic view I dress to the occasion and if that works I feel good about it. At a black tie event, for example, I'll do the business and feel good about playing my role, but I'll be envious of all the girls in the ballgowns and evening dress and wish I was with them!

I think the word 'role' sums it up for me. Increasingly I feel that I dress to fulfil a role... a bit like an actor. I am 'me' when I am just dressed how I want to be and that is usually as a woman, even if I am wearing a floppy shirt as a top. Loads of GGs I know wear guys' shirts as tops. My wife used to borrow mine frequently to wear with jeans.

Increasingly it is about a state of mind as well... inside I am Kaz... I just dress as required. I am increasingly feeling more like I crossdress to fulfil my male role! i.e. the CDing is putting on the male gear!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I'd say that the dislike of masculine things is probably the direct result of a lifetime of having society try to shove you into that role. Most GG's I think don't have an active dislike of all things masculine.

Amanda if you start experiencing GID I would recommend a gender therapist or, if the feeling of wanting to be female instead becomes overwhelming. I see some CDers on this forum that most likely are TS but have managed somehow to keep things under control (for now).

Not all Cders stay at the same point and progress further along the gender scale. Accepting yourself as TG can open pandoras box for some of us. If it's only about the clothing and looking pretty you are most likely just a CDer. As a Cder is it's normal to reject masculine things too. These are only my thoughts BTW as I'm not trained in diagnosing things. Feel free to PM me.

Platinum Member
    I feel that I lean decidedly towards the TS end of the spectrum. And I do have the sense that I'd rather not have all that junk, but at the same time, I also feel that I'm, as Kaz puts it, an actor, when I am obliged to put on my male persona. It is a little wierd to think that I'm CDing in male mode, but that's how it feels.

I enjoy being one of the girls - I am not repulsed by male stuff - but prefer ladies clothes

The only masculine clothing that I really hate are hangman's nooses ... er ... ties. If I have to have a noose around my neck, I much prefer a bolo ... or better yet a lovely string of pearls!

Gigi
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]I've heard over the years that we are all on a sliding scale of transgenderism. Those at the lowest end of the scale are all male or all female. At the other end of the scale are those who feel totally that they are trapped in the wrong body. Somewhere in between are the rest of us.

I feel that I'm just about in the middle. 50% boy and 50% girl. I like both modes and seem to fit in just fine in both worlds. To me, it's the best of both worlds!
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia_Maine View Post
    The only masculine clothing that I really hate are hangman's nooses ... er ... ties. If I have to have a noose around my neck, I much prefer a bolo ... or better yet a lovely string of pearls!

Gigi
    Totally second that one!

To be honest, there are some good men's clothes out there now, but they tend to be the domain of the rich and/or the young, but like you Amanda, I cannot get excited by shopping for male clothes. I would rather someone buy them for me! I also hate body hair. This is my big hate! Why does my body sprout these 'wires' that could guard a prison or slice through cheese and salami? Yuck!

I body shave every 3 days max, often daily... when I am clean and smooth... the clothes become less relevant... hmm do I believe that?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I'm TG, if anything, not sure i qualify for that. I like my "man bits" I enjoy them. I would prefer if the male anatomy was a little, sleeker? in outline? I hate current mens fashion in underwear and swimwear, it's all about social conditioning, IMHO. I've decided to not pander to it anymore. I wear my bike shorts with pride! next time I have to attend a pool training session for work, speedos! They'll just have to deal with it! Male conversations bug me sometimes, there is one situation at work, when the girls aren't around, the slant changes, it's very demeaning. I don't get that, it's like they are scared and reacting or something. When it comes to attraction, I often find the girls I like can be, sometimes androgynous, and mostly have a somewhat practical, and on the surface, less emotional manner. I like curves, and have no problem with expressing, and have my partner express her emotions, but heart on the sleeve, at least in day to day interactions, leaves me feeling a bit off. Having said that, in intimate situations, I do tend to be very intense and emotional. This is more social conditioning than anything else.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm 60/40 I guess.More female than male in how I look at things.
    I hate macho jerks and women that act like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    I'm closer to the transsexual side of things than the cross dressing one, I feel. However, I'm curious how many in the MtF CD Forum not only have a love of feminine things, but actually dislike masculine clothing, mannerisms, and such?

When I have to put on a man's button-down shirt, for instance, it just depresses me the whole time I'm wearing it. I stopped referring to myself with masculine pronouns months ago. Checking the "M" box on a medical form feels for all the world like a blatant lie. If I'm near macho guys in a restaurant, I move. I don't identify with masculinity at all, apparently.

I know many cross dressers enjoy the duality of their lives and I think that's a great way to live if it makes a person happy having that flexibility.

Am I even a cross dresser if I don't want anything masculine in my life, including what's "down there?" I apologize for being graphic; I'm wondering if anyone else feels like I do, and if so, do you consider yourself a cross dresser or transsexual.

Thanks for reading...
    Amanda22, that's me in a nutshell.

I hate mascaline clothing. I mean, I wear them of course, but the only joy I get out of them is buying T-shirts with various messages and designs on them. To me, wearing male clothes is wearing a shell, a disguise for the real me.

I love female clothing...espically some things that many here would probably consider fad...platform sneakers, high-heeled jelly sandals, etc. I love skirts, short shorts, dresses, long hair, painting my nails. Always have, always will.

However, I like being male. I'm comfortable with my sex, just not with the gender specifications.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm a mix of both genders and most can see that I think.
    I'm sure most people think I'm gay but I don't care I am what I am a mix of both.My mannerisms are a mix as well.
    Men's clothes? I really don't like them so I choose not to wear them.I wear womens jeans and unisex type tops so I'm happy with that.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Must agree with Karren on this one! Why go phobic on ANYONE or THING?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Not me.... I enjoy pretty much what ever I'm wearing.... I'm not repulsed by anything...... except stupidity.... lol.
    Of course, sexually it's a DIFFERENT STORY! The more fem, the more exciting! The more masculine, the more YUCK!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Masculine attitudes and machismo are my issues, otherwise, meh

I don't really see why this is a big deal, when there is a thread right now crying about "She gets to, but I don't". You can be feminine in a man's shirt, Hollywood has made money on those scenes for years. I know a lot of women who wear men's deodorant because it works better. Sometimes when you try too hard, you make things worse than they really are
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Im not repulsed by male stuff at all.
    But then again, I dont believe for one second that I'll ever get surgery or hormone therapy in this lifetime.
    I just keep the 2 versions of 'me' very seperate.
    You'll never catch me underdressing or wearing anything from my male side when Im dressed, no matter how tight it is
    Samantha -x-

"Repulsed" is a very strong word! But there are several things associated with SOME Males, that I don't condone and don't participate.

Like:

Hunting...As a kid, we lived on a farm and I often had to provide game for The Table or "The Vittles" would have been very thin indeed. If I never taste another wild rabbit or squirrel, that would be more than fine for me. Likewise, venison. I know we have an abundance of deer around parts of The States, and they would starve if not "culled," I'm just not crazy about killing things, and the larger the animal, the more it bothers me.

Drinking to stupidity, and coma.....SOME Guys think this is macho, and seem to want to become alcoholics. They can keep it! Laying in front of a toilet all night, barfing and feeling miserable, not a lifechoice for Joanie.

Farting, and bad manners.....The World is already uncivilized, and we seem to be making it worse. Although any of these traits are not exclusively male traits, the first thought that comes to mind when you think about this stuff is "male!"

Spending my time on Stupid TV Shows.... featuring either Morons behaving badly, like "Jackass," or savage sports whose only purpose seems to be maiming some poor fool who participates.

But, I digress. There are lots of other males besides myself who don't like these things. And, The World will go on whether I like them or not. Is an "Aversion" for some of these traditional male pursuits a sign of Transgender? Maybe? But perhaps it's a reaction to Brutishness. Perhaps it's just being cantankerous?

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 07-24-2012 at 12:05 PM.

I don't hate being a man, especially after getting in touch with all of my feelings. Having experienced being even a small part of the "fair" sex has made me appreciate women all the more. I can really enjoy being a "gentle"man with a nice lady.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I actually find ''social feminity'' to be extremely irritating simply because of how shallow it is. Then again, real man-behaviors like watching football piss me off just as much. I've always been an academic at heart. Maybe books are frilly...
    Truth does not fear investigation. Society, however, cowers before both.

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm not repulsed by anything...... except stupidity.... lol.
    If I'd have read that 3 sec earlier my mouthful of tea (drinking) would have been all over my k/board. I'm still laughing typing this

As Joanie commented, "Repulsed", "is a very strong word!".

For me, I'm happy I've got two sides of my persona which I can express when I like. I see neither male or female clothing etc...etc as better or worse, just sometimes, one or the other appeals to me more

As far as Alpha male stuff, doesn't flick my switch. While I've participated in sports and stuff which would be considered male like, hanging out at a bar getting p#ssed and harassing women, is something that makes me shudder.
    Last edited by Rebecca Star; 07-24-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia_Maine View Post
    The only masculine clothing that I really hate are hangman's nooses ... er ... ties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Totally second that one!
    I'll third it! A tie has to be the most useless garment ever invented.

As far as male clothing goes, I say it's not for nothing it's called "drab". That's exactly the way I feel in it. Like nothing. When I'm en femme I feel like somebody.

I have no particular dislike of the male world. I just don't want to be a part of it myself. I did a bit of grocery shopping this afternoon. As I was leaving, I noticed that there were two (female) cashiers each dealing with two female customers. I felt very lonely and left out.

Annabelle