Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repulsion to masculine things

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda22 View Post
    Am I even a cross dresser if I don't want anything masculine in my life, including what's "down there?" I apologize for being graphic; I'm wondering if anyone else feels like I do, and if so, do you consider yourself a cross dresser or transsexual.
    No, I really can't relate at all to what you're saying. You definitely sound like a TS to me.

The thing that bothers me about this kind of thread...someone will eventually starting giving off the "Oh, I'm Soooo Femme" vibe and saying they're more "femme" than a GG, which is total crap.
    If you hate being male that much, book the next flight to Thailand and straighten it out.
    Last edited by Voulez-Vous; 07-24-2012 at 01:57 PM.

I feel the same way except I NEVER check the M box!! I don't even want male items in my house!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Read only
    Am I even a cross dresser if I don't want anything masculine in my life, including what's "down there?" I apologize for being graphic; I'm wondering if anyone else feels like I do, and if so, do you consider yourself a cross dresser or transsexual.

Thanks for reading...
    Hi Mandy
    (between you and me) I believe they call it "The Dangler" @ these parts

Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Not me.... I enjoy pretty much what ever I'm wearing.... I'm not repulsed by anything...... except stupidity.... lol.
    As usual Karren nailed it! Life is 3 parts male, to 1 part female, in my world, it would be a real bummer if I felt bad about being a guy. I spent years worrying about being a CD, but I got over it, I don't think changing it to bein repulsed about my guy side would help any. Life is too short, so I just try to take it as it comes, and enjoy whatever it is at the time.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Wow Mandy .... how you describe yourself is so similar to me. I also hate pretty much all things that are traditionally masculine. There are certain men's clothes I will wear, but the vast majority I loath, and I'd kill myself first before wearing a men's flannel plaid shirt.

Groups of guys acting ...well ... like guys, are also something I steer clear of, and the very very worst thing is if say I am at work (I work in engineering), and I hear some guys having a misogynistic conversation, I just have to leave the room. I'm not kidding. I can't listen that! You should see inside our house too ... you'd never know a guy lived there.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I'm closer to the transsexual side of things than the cross dressing one, I feel. However, I'm curious how many in the MtF CD Forum not only have a love of feminine things, but actually dislike masculine clothing, mannerisms, and such?

When I have to put on a man's button-down shirt, for instance, it just depresses me the whole time I'm wearing it. I stopped referring to myself with masculine pronouns months ago. Checking the "M" box on a medical form feels for all the world like a blatant lie. If I'm near macho guys in a restaurant, I move. I don't identify with masculinity at all, apparently.

I know many cross dressers enjoy the duality of their lives and I think that's a great way to live if it makes a person happy having that flexibility.

Thanks for reading...
    Whether I am dressed in Levi's, motorcycle boots tooling down the road on my harley or that revealing LBD, heels and full war paint.. I still feel like me.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I feel the way you do.

I do hate macho and men/man stuff. I have begun to wear my bra w/enhancers every day to work and about. I feel like I let myself down if I don't. I also am wearing girl jeans and slacks and just t shirt received from work. I will some buy some flats and gym/tennis shoes to wear, the flats I will wear to and from work. Male stuff doesn't make feel repulsed I am just disinterested in it. Since I can't wear skirts or dresses to work I can wear everything else. I have moved further down the scale my self and would like to start HRT. I will inform my Doctor of this the next time I see her. She knows I told her. I will have to have my ears pierced again as last time I didn't take very good care.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voulez-Vous View Post
    No, I really can't relate at all to what you're saying. You definitely sound like a TS to me.

The thing that bothers me about this kind of thread...someone will eventually starting giving off the "Oh, I'm Soooo Femme" vibe and saying they're more "femme" than a GG, which is total crap.
    If you hate being male that much, book the next flight to Thailand and straighten it out.
    NICE, U! A little bit heavy, but NICE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'd really like to thank those who replied with thoughtful responses to my question. There are no "wrong" feelings when we talk about how we feel. I'm struggling with identity, as I have for 5 decades. It seems that many/most on this forum have themselves figured out to their satisfaction and have found some peace with their situation. When I described my feeling by using the word "repulsed," that's how I feel, even though it is a very strong word. I wish it weren't so.

I am as mystified by MtF CDers who treasure their maleness as I am by regular people who have no need to CD or gender bend at all. All I know is "me" and I wish I had that peace of being that so many others seem to have.

Silver Member
    I am not repulsed by male things per se, though I certainly do find some things males do to be repulsive. That locker room "cat litter box" smell always made me feel a bit ill too. I wear male clothes everyday, I am not repulsed by them, but they are rather boring and hold no particular interest for me.

Interestingly enough, I was at my dentist a while ago and they had male, female and "transgender" as sex options on the form. Since I assumed they ask in case someone is on HRT or had recent surgery and they were not referring to occasional TVs, I just checked male.

I wouldn't say a replusion to masculine things, but I do have a repulsion to shopping for mens clothing. I cannot remember the last time I bought an article of mens clothing and my wardrobe shows it. I still have a few pair of Dockers pants and a few Dockers shirts and that's about it. I really detest shopping for mens clothes. I would much rather be in the ladies department picking out some shapewear or shoes or makeup or something

Banned Read only
    Mandy, I'd have to comment that I am about 100% opposite of you. I don't go for bar room brawls, but I love to test myself in a number of physical and usually considered manly sports. I never feel out of place in my male clothes other than I think they are boring. I have no inner struggles with liking being male and my need to express the feminine in me. Sometimes, I think I am the most well adjusted crossdresser on the planet.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm probably more like Karren and Jennifer. I really enjoy my girl time and if I manage to nurture that on a regular basis I don't mind living my life male. To be honest, the simplicity of it is one significant attraction. I so look like a guy that there is a lot of effort to convince the mirror there may be a non-male facing it. There are a lot of typical male behaviors that put me off, I spent way too many years working in the company of that type of man and I'm glad to be out of that environment. I was going to say there are behaviors that are typically female that put me off as well, but in thinking about it, they are juvenile behaviors that most adult women either grow out of or suppress very well. And maybe it's those juvenile male behaviors that I dont' like, but the male culture tends to encourage them and claim it's okay for an adult to behave like a 14 year old. Sad stuff there. Male clothing isn't as much fun as skirts and dresses, but I do like Hawaiian shirts and they are a close second to blouses and cute tops when I have to be a guy. I try to find comfort, mental and physical, in both modes since I'm unlikely to stop crossdressing and won't ever go for GRS.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I'd really like to thank those who replied with thoughtful responses to my question. There are no "wrong" feelings when we talk about how we feel. I'm struggling with identity, as I have for 5 decades. It seems that many/most on this forum have themselves figured out to their satisfaction and have found some peace with their situation. When I described my feeling by using the word "repulsed," that's how I feel, even though it is a very strong word. I wish it weren't so.

I am as mystified by MtF CDers who treasure their maleness as I am by regular people who have no need to CD or gender bend at all. All I know is "me" and I wish I had that peace of being that so many others seem to have.
    ....Maybe some of the others....

This really struck a funny bone with me,because over the last couple of months, I've been discovering exacly how much, I didn't/don't know about myself.

Thing is, on this forum, there are at least 3 different broad "types" of CD, with god alone knows how many subdivisions within those. Of course you're mystified by them, their motivations can be completely diferent from yours. Having said all that, reading about others experiences, feelings, decisions, gives a background to my position, and often clarifies by showing what I'm NOT.

I do thank you all for that.

Many well dressed women I know are repulsed by the custom of wearing high heels, hosiery, waist cinches (or Spanx), long fingernails and pushup bras, just to name a few. So for some, maybe its just that the grass is always seems greener ...

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Not me.... I enjoy pretty much what ever I'm wearing.... I'm not repulsed by anything...... except stupidity.... lol.

You have that ESP N thing going on Karren. My thoughts Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I'm 60/40 I guess.More female than male in how I look at things.
    I hate macho jerks and women that act like that too.
    I am pretty close to the 60/40 also... While I love sports, I hate male clothes, but I have to wear them, just so blah... My attire for work, khakis, button downs and work boots. At home, because I have a family, usually shorts and a tee-shirt or polo, because I have to play the role...

I am not repulsed by them, just not excited that that is my life as a manager, that is what I have to wear, while some of the women in our corporate office, skirts and heels everyday, what I would love to wear.

Sometimes I'm OK with just wearing "whatever" as far as male clothing goes. But many times I am appalled at how many men just wear "whatever", like to same clothes, same color schemes, inattention to appearance (whereas women look nice, colorful, good interesting variety - many women that is - but I like women's "whatever" casual too, so ...)

Platinum Member
    Hi Amanda, I find that I seam to have a hard time buttoning mens shirts.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I wouldn't say repulsed, but for me signs of masculinity makes me feel uncomfortable. If I have to wear a mans outfit for a full day, I can't wait to get them off. I shave my body and if I wait too long between shaves, seeing the body hair grow out makes me feel uncomfortable and anxious. I don't like hanging out with the guys anymore because it makes me feel uncomfortable. I imagine in a few more years I'll feel repulsion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Repulsed is such a strong word. No, I am not repulsed by anything about my male self or the female side of me either. I like to dress and look good in either mode and am happy about it.

Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    Repulsed is such a strong word. No, I am not repulsed by anything about my male self or the female side of me either. I like to dress and look good in either mode and am happy about it.
    Im with you Brandy,,,, I just say to Hell with it live an let live ,,Lifes to Dam Short ,,If ya Dont like it than jus Move on !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I dunno - I kinda like being a guy at times. But every once and a while I have this strong freakout feeling where I just am dying to slip into anything feminine. I had an experience one night, and my hairy legs rubbing up against each other was totally grossing me out. I wanted more than anything to have them smooth and hairless. I guess I have an aversion to body hair - as I get older there seems to be too damn much of it!

I can't say "repulsed" but I really hate the feeling of "going back to drab." Being dressed is so pleasant for me that going back to male mode feels like a defeat.

I realize that isn't rational, but the feeling is still there.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]