Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A non-poll poll! Can and will u answer it honestly?

#1 and #2 as done here.

I find it all depends on the thread. Sometimes I read everything and don't comment as I have nothing to add. Sometimes I read the shorter replies and add or not. I'm not very experienced here, so I say or do what I feel may help.

Usually it would be #3. sometimes I just am too busy (or too lazy) to read 75 posts on a subject. And there have been many times when my comments were utterly redundant. But then, I'm not a particularly original thinker.

Aspiring Member
    Okay, I read thru the first page of replies and then got bored and started my own reply. You know my answer depends on the subject area and if I have several different ideas in my head I continue to read more and more replies to see if I can get by with only one thought. I love to read the different ideas and thoughts of most of the people on this site but I usually look at the avatar to see who is replying; I almost always read what GG's have to say on the subject and read most of the long-time members comments. Some I just blow off as always being too flip, sarcastic, or just want to say something funny to run their number of replies up. I'm sure that many decide to pass on my replies as well....

One rant to add: please take the time to type your reply and just not put " I'm a #3 or I'm and #4 "because I then need to scroll back up to the top to see what #3 & #4 actually is. So much reading and so little time. Now what would that number be again?

Well, now at two pages. You want fries with them? Usually I read all the posts and then chose whether to reply. Sometimes the reply may appear a little shallow as an attempt at humor. At nearly all times, the replies are short because I am not a good writer...spent too much time writing scientific articles.

If it's a topic of interest to me it's a 1...
    If it's a little interesting it's a 2.
    If it's a thread that's a dissertation (like a few who never post short threads) then I don't bother at all....I just am not that interested in constantly reading lengthy posts from the same people.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Talking

Hi Sherry!

1. Read thru all the posts to see everyone's viewpoint?
    Sometimes, but probably rarely.

2. Read the posts to see if someone already posted your 2 cents?
    Generally I skim looking for it, yes, if it's a short answer easy to spot.

3. Maybe read a few and then just add yours anyway, whether or not it's been mentioned?
    More often than not, yes.

4. Don't bother commenting and scroll to a thread with less posts on it?
    Probably most of the time.

5. Just lurk in any case?
    Oh of course, if it's a question that's been asked and answered over and over. I realize people don't look for prior threads on topics and I think part of it's due to us wanting to feel special and getting the attention. Other times it could be laziness, or blinded by the emotions at the moment.

(PS. Don't worry! If THIS thread reaches 2 pages of replies, I'll eat it!)

Ok, darling, I'll print this out and bring it by your place and we can chop it up into little pieces, sprinkle chocolate syrup on top, add some cream to it, and add a final dousing of Kahlua. I'll be happy to take the pictures, and we'll post them on here and Facebook!

Cheers!

Ann

#1 and #2. I never post a comment without reading (and often re-reading) all the posts (except Frederique's. Who's got time for that? haha)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    1 and 2 and I want to see Sherry eat a thread.Just doing my part thank you.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee W View Post
    I'm not sure if anybody selected this option yet, but I'll go with number 2
    Good one, Renee!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    #1 and #2. I never post a comment without reading (and often re-reading) all the posts (except Frederique's. Who's got time for that? haha)
    I LOVE Freddie and her posts to death. But, no matter how hard I try, I just CAN'T swallow her long threads in one bite! Speaking of eating--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Carpenter View Post
    Hi Sherry!----------------------------------------------------------

(PS. Don't worry! If THIS thread reaches 2 pages of replies, I'll eat it!)

Ok, darling, I'll print this out and bring it by your place and we can chop it up into little pieces, sprinkle chocolate syrup on top, add some cream to it, and add a final dousing of Kahlua. I'll be happy to take the pictures, and we'll post them on here and Facebook!

Cheers!

Ann
    At the risk of adding yet another post to the total here, I want to mention that I'll eat a lite lunch today just in case!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

red Victoria's secret thong and 6" heels. I'm sorry what was the question? I was sleeping
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'll do all five--though probably not on the same thread. Flexibility, Sherry! That's how we humans got to the top of the food chain. Isn't it???

Annabelle

Usually, I do the second option.
    Proud Daughter of the South
    http://www.facebook.com/loren.smith.581

Depending on my interest level I may do any of 1,2,4&5 but almost never 3. If someone has already posted an opinion that matches mine I will usually move on.

I suppose you could try using a knife and fork to reduce the size of each piece you will be eating. Tomato sauce helps immensely; think Alphagetti!

I have to be honest... I mostly just lurk anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    . . . (PS. Don't worry! If THIS thread reaches 2 pages of replies, I'll eat it!)
    I hope you're hungry Sherry!

I do #3 and after i write something i will then read through almost like i don't want to forget the idea i want to write. Then i usually see someone wrote the same thing.

Aspiring Member

sometimes, but not always

Most of the time I try to read ALL the posts before making a reply, sometimes, something a reply that I read just makes me want to reply to that and the OP and so I do. Lately, I just read, don't reply because my opinion is just that. If it is an op that requires a factual bit of info--what is the best place to buy girdles--and I know a place--I'll reply. Mostly, I'm lurking now, but your topic piqued my interest, so I logged on. Now, it is like a lot of hobby or tech mags--after a while repetition sets in because a new crop of fledglings has come along and want to know how to buy panties on the internet. So, I lurk until something gets me to sign on.
    singing off now. thanks for the question.
    JUST a crossdresser

1. Read through all the posts to see everyone's viewpoint?
    Only the first and last page.

Again, only the first and last pages.

3. Maybe read a few and then just add yours anyway, whether or not it's been mentioned?
    If the topic interests me, I will post. Even if it's only a sentence.

This sometimes happens, although I usually hate threads whose subject ends up getting 10-20 pages of replies anyways.

I lurk a lot. I go on posting binges about 2-3 times a week, though.
    Truth does not fear investigation. Society, however, cowers before both.

Funny you should mention eating the post once it gets over 2 pages. Low cal, high in fiber LOL! Actually I rarely respond to a post if it goes over 2 pages because generally my opinion is embedded somewhere in the responses.

Another item should be added to the list:
    If someone starts a thread by posting an essay, do you read it or go on to something else?

Again for me, if you can't articulate your thoughts in a couple of paragraphs, say 20 lines or so, I don't waste my time reading it. It goes back to my sales training. If you can't give your pitch in an elevator ride then you need to refine it.
    I never new how masculine I was until I tried to be a woman

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar

Not all of the time but usually I do.

Same as above

Same as above

Yes, the majority of the time, unless it deals with a real hot topic that will most likely get the thread closed down, then I will keep coming back to read updated post, it's kind of like my soap opera for the day.

Yes, usually because my brain is only functioning at about 25%, in which case it's probably best I not post the first thoughts coming to mind.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I just read through two pages. Now, what was the question?

Getting old is not for sissies. I should know.

Yes, on threads that sound interesting.

Yes, and if they have I typically don't post a reply.

Nope.

Nope.

I'm still a newbie on the site so I'm lurking way more than posting for now

Aspiring Member

how'sit taste?

Sherry, I have onionskin paper and soy based ink and so the 2+ pages might make a good after-dinner dessert. Bon appetite. Signing off now.
    JUST a crossdresser