Thread: Anybody ever had an emergency like this?

Anybody ever had an emergency like this?

Yesterday evening I planned on going out to a place where us gurls get together every week. I left a little early so decided to do a little shopping. I did my shopping (I needed some summer blouses) and headed out to the car and when I got in the car RIP the black cotton skirt that I had on tore a hole about 8 inches long in the front. What to do its about 8:30 pm and most stores close around nine. Should I head home 20 miles back change skirts and then head back north again towards my ultimate destination I was a bit discouraged. All of a sudden I remembered that there was a salvation army store about 2 blocks away. By the time I got there it was about 20 minutes to closing for them. I carried my purse in front of me trying to hide the tear and went on in. I spied an older gal working there and asked her where the black skirts were as I showed her the "emergency". She said follow me and led me to the black skirt area. Well after trying on about 4 or 5 none fit I guess I am to fat I went back out into the store and found a black and white one that looked cute and did fit I went and paid for it 1.99 and told the sa that I was going to go back and put in on as I showed her the tear. She laughed and said go ahead and have a good night. Anybody else ever had a wardrobe malfunction while out and about?

Great story, and I'm glad that it had a happy ending!

Thanks for sharing!

The only "malfunction" I had was simply forgetting my bra and forms. Thank goodness I was wearing a big cowl neck that day! My wife still teases me about it when we go out the door: "Have your purse? Have your phone?, Have your boobs?"
    Last edited by Eryn; 07-28-2012 at 12:38 AM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have dunked my beautiful gold pleated skirt before seeing the Broadway play "Wicked" in the toilet. Thankfully it dried quickly. Then I went to see a wonderful ballet in San Francisco at their famous opera house, The ballet was wonderful and afterward I took my 3 GG friends to my favorite wine bar. I don't really speak Italian, but with my wild conversational Italian talking hands I proceeded to spill a full glass of red wine all over my pristine white top. I just went to the restroom, blotted up the excess wine and then went back to our great conversation with that not so wonderful red wine stain all over the front of the blouse. Ya gotta live life as it is dealt to us, or as we deal it to ourselves! I still had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy66 View Post
    Oh yeah, there have also been a few times I had to go buy a needle and thread or safety pins. Eh... it happens.
    ..and that is why handbags/purses are so amazing, being able to keep all those emergency items available (spare pare of hose, safety pins). I struggle to survive in guy mode going out without a handbag. Maybe we should refer to being avec-handbag or sans-handbag instead of en-femme or en-drab.

Aspiring Member
    I visited an up-market boutique attached to a four star hotel. I was wearing a long black skirt, sheer tights and black women's flats, but presenting as a man. I explained I wanted a new skirt in the same general style (long, wide) and they dug some out of their store-room for me to try on. I bought a beige canvas one (years later still one of my favourites), changed into it, and put the skirt I had been wearing back in the car. I then went to the hotel for a coffee in my new skirt. And spilled the coffee all over it. Fortunately it was washable. That had been my first time in that shop. The next time I went there they asked me if it had washed OK.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've had jillians of mishaps at home, Paula. Well, many of my things r held together with spit, glue, and safety pins anyway! I always travel to CD gatherings with a small pack of wire, sewing set, and pins! And, have used them all!

I DID have bad experience at the last DLV. I went out dancing the last nite with some of the girls at the Ballagio. Sherry was in my purse which I left with a few girls that weren't dancing. Thinking I mite bring her out later!

Came back to my seat during a band break and discovered someone had sat on my purse! I patched her badly cracked faces once I got home but she was finished for that trip!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 07-29-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I broke a zipper on a skirt once while shopping! I grab my skirt just before it hit the floor! I was glad I had a safetey pin in my purse! Embaressing!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]So far, so good. Do carry an extra pair of stockings in my purse though. Other than that I'll just have to hope for the best.[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    H Paula, I've not had the pleasure of that happening to me but it sounds like you handled like a real woman would.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

At a halloween party I had the fly zipper on my leather pants self destruct. I held them in place for the second half of the night with a bobby pin and I was only a little bit anoyed, usually something like that would ruin my evening, but I was having such a great time that night, I just carried on and pretended nothing was out of the ordinary.
    Chickie

Two situations come to mind. The first one was on a city street and I was out walking one evening. The street that I thought was bare of people and therefore fairly safe to walk in soon filled up with many people after I got about a block from my car. As I was passing a young man and woman (they paid no attention to me) my wig got caught in a tree branch and got yanked off my head. I exclaimed fairly loud WTF! People started looking at me then and I could see some real contempt on their faces. Fortunately I soon came upon a corner and disappeared around it fairly fast.

While shopping at Gimbel's years ago I was in the lingerie section and I managed to step on some ice somebody must have accidently brought in from the outside. My foot shot out from underneath and I once again let out with an expletive. Had to beat a hasty retreat that night also.