Thread: A complement or not?

Question A complement or not?

Was going out tonight, all made up 'pretty'. Had on a full one piece dress, sandals with two inch heels. Walking out to my car a lady from the building I live had just gotten out of her car and seen me. She knows I dress, has never made negative comments. She said to me as we got close, "you look better than I do and it pi**es me off"! She always wears black top and black pants or dark colored tops and pants. I said to her, I try to look presentable. Then she said, "well have a great time tonight".

Take it as a compliment have some fun and tell her what she's doin wrong. Lol

Giving a GG advice on dressing presentably especially in the company of others can be a lot of fun.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A compliment's a compliment...run with it.

A great compliment indeed! It's fun to try to look your best when going out!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Sounds like a compliment to me. Maybe suggest she add some fun seasonal colors to her wardrobe.
    The meaning of life is to win the human race, or maybe, it's just finding the perfect shoes.

it was a compliment, take it and enjoy it and keep your mouth shut about her appearance. It ain't none ya bidness...get it?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    it was a compliment, take it and enjoy it and keep your mouth shut about her appearance. It ain't none ya bidness...get it?
    I agree. The only thing that I might say to her would be, to tell her how good it made you feel when she gave you the compliment. That was nice of her.
    Dana Ryan

Banned Read only
    Definitely a compliment. It also has an air of criticism of herself.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Take it as a compliment have some fun and don't tell her what she's doing wrong. If she really wants to know, she'll ask. Most folks really don't want to know the truth. They already know and choose to ignore it for their own reasons.[/SIZE]

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Janet, I definitely would take it as a complement any time a lady says something like that. You know (just thinking) maybe you could invite her to go with you sometime, I don't know how well you know her but she might be lonely and enjoy someone to converse with. Could be fun for both of you plus it's always better to be with someone than being alone.

Hugs
    Jolene

Platinum Member
    Hi Janet, A compliment is a compliment no matter how you get one.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

When a women tells a man in a dress, he looks better than her, you better take it as a complement, because you wont hear one admit to that very often. She might say you look pretty, or nice, but it's seldom she'll say you look better than her.
    She wears dark colors, some people just don't like color, her call. I agree, never give a women advice on improving her appearance, unless she ask. Most of them don't want to admit some Johnny come lately guy in a dress, might know more about fashion, than a women thats been doing it all her life. Unless you find one that tells you she just doesn't care about that stuff, then you might be able to offer advice.
    Tina B

No offenses to the lady's here we all love, I wouldn't be found taking advice from many women, on how to me a man!

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    When a women tells a man in a dress, he looks better than her, you better take it as a complement, because you wont hear one admit to that very often. She might say you look pretty, or nice, but it's seldom she'll say you look better than her.
    I disagree, I hear it quite often. It's not always anything other than cheeky fun, but I get it all the time. I've had it in responses to my OkCupid profile, from girls I've dated, from female comics that I've been on shows with, from salesgirls, from female friends at parties or bars when we're out. It's one of the most frequent compliments I get from women, actually. Usually it's either that or my legs.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog

I see no offense in her remarks. It's a compliment. If you're friendly with her, invite her to go shopping, do a makeover with her.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like a compliment to me tell her thank you.
    If she ever asks for an opinion give her one.

Exclamation A complement or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolene Robertson View Post
    Janet, I definitely would take it as a complement any time a lady says something like that. You know (just thinking) maybe you could invite her to go with you sometime, I don't know how well you know her but she might be lonely and enjoy someone to converse with. Could be fun for both of you plus it's always better to be with someone than being alone.

Hugs
    Jolene
    I don't know the woman that well. I was going out to a support group meeting, don't think she would enjoy being with transgendered persons.

Exclamation A complement or not?

Quote Originally Posted by TxCassie View Post
    I see no offense in her remarks. It's a compliment. If you're friendly with her, invite her to go shopping, do a makeover with her.
    Jolene Robertson posted almost the same remark. I only see the woman every once and a while in the building I live. Not that friendly with her that I would ask her to go out. Also not ready to go out with females any more. Have had to many heart breaks in the past with women. Last time I broke up with a woman I got very drunk, don't remember driving home from the bar, no dents in the vehicle or being arrested by police.

Take the compliment for what it was worth. If you bump into each other frequently she might be offering the toe in the door for a friendship. You're already sharing a couple of little secrets so you might invite her for coffee and a chat!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]