Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When did it start?

I was never attracted to women's clothes until then I was about 9yo

Something witty.
    I suppose it is no surprise how many of us have such very similar starting experiences. It's kind of uncanny, but comforting to know you were not alone in how it all started. But in many ways we were so alone until days like this, where we have a community and can share these stories. If I had know it was 'ok' I would have saved myself a lot of guilt and purging, but that is the long road many of us have to travel to get to where we are today.

For me, I was about 4 or 5, I remember having seen 'Return of The Jedi' and laying in my bunk bed with this massive urge to be Princess Leia in her gold bikini. I would stuff rags down my pyjamas to make breasts for myself! After that it was the usual formula of sneaking tries of my mum's knickers and bras, poring over lingerie pages in catalogues, wanting oh-so-badly to be able to wear the beautiful teddies, basques and leotards that graced the pages. I then graduated to buying my own at Woolworth's when I was around 14 or so. Then more daring trips to department stores to more sexy knickers and suspender belts.

In my 20s I began to buy miniskirts and more lingerie, gradually getting my first tops and outfits, most of which were purged. But it was not until I was in my late 20s that I started with makeup and wigs properly and now in my early 30s have finally started keeping and storing proper outfits.

Definitely around age 13 for me. As soon as puberty hit, I was done for...

When I was eight. I had a female cousin who was living with us for a while and she was a couple of years older than me. When she finally moved out I noticed that she left behind a dress in the laundry room. ( the laundry room was in my basement and near my play room.) I was curious and since no one was home, except my grandmother who was upstairs and just started cooking dinner, I grabbed it and quickly put it on. I then went to my play room and would skip and walk around in it imitating my cousin. I would even watch TV in it. I would go on to do this for a while, placing it back in its original location carefully everyday, until one day the dress disappeared. I assume it was returned to her but I haven't the slightest clue. I was never caught or anything. I just enjoyed the way it felt.
    Done crying.

I was not in school yet. I waited untill my mother left for work. I went to her vanity and grabbed her mascaira. I ran out to her crying and screaming, because I poked my eye. my father got after me. I must have been about 4 or a little older. I felt more then my male persona.

I remember my first experience quite clearly. When i was about 7 i went to an all boys school. In the end of term drama production the female roles were played by boys, i was an angel, but the lead role was female called Beautiful Bleata. The boy playing her wore a lovely white dress and blonde wig. I was so jealous, i wanted that role. A few days later i went through the wardrobe in our spare bedroom, there was a pair of my mothers high heeled boots in there and i tried them on and loved them. Next came the skirts and so on. 22 years later i'm still dressing up, hopefully looking a little better now though!
    Katie

I figure I was 8 or 9 started with my mothers bra and panties found in a box of discarded clothing (intended for use a rags I suspect) once I tried them on I know I wanted to keep them. Funny thing was these were plain cotton type items. I can recall how my heart pounded trying them on. The rest is history I guess.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

I think I was about 7 when I first tried on my mom's things, but I remember having thoughts that were not congruent with being a boy much earlier. Perhaps that came from having dolls as some of my first toys and loving them so much.
    Then there was the day I was sitting in mom's lap and poking her breast with my finger. After about the 5th time she told me to stop. I then asked her if mine would be like hers when I grew up. She shattered me by telling me I wouldn't have breasts as I was a boy!
    Little did she know...and maybe if I had had a way to tell her....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I found a pair of bras in the street when I was 8.
    I took them home, tried them on, and I was hooked.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

6 or 7 my sisters were fighting over a pair of pantie hoise and i wanted to see what the big fuss about

It started for me around 8 wearing my mom's pantyhose.
    Cary

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    It's truly astounding to see so many stories here that are, save for a detail or two, exactly the same as mine.
    For me, it was 9 year's old. My mom used to leave her jazzercise outfits to dry over the towel rail in my bathroom.
    You know the rest ... one day I got the nerve, it felt wonderful, and from then on ... at every opportunity.

It's amazing to live in the future, and to finally have found that I'm not the only one in the world, and it's just astonishing to see how many others there are and how similar their stories are. Can't wait to get my 10 posts so I can fully join this community because it seems ... too good to be true to be honest :-)

Aspiring Member
    Around age 12, I would have a few hours alone after school, until my older brother would be home. One day I noticed a knee-length flowing night gown which was stored in a bottom drawer in my bedroom along with some other of my mother's clothes. I pulled the nighty out one day and pressed it against me and it felt so soft and sexy. It stirred my sexual feelings. I quickly undressed and slipped it on me and spent several minutes modeling it in front of the mirror, pretending I was a girl. Soon I was relieving myself. Almost every day I could not wait to get home and do it again. Over time, I moved to wondering what panties, pantyhose and slips would look and feel like so I added them, then high heels, dresses and makeup. I never was fully made up until many years later (in my 40's) when I got a wig and later had a professional makeover session.
    Michellecd9999

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I was probably about 6 and was tossed into the bath with my girl cousin and we ended up playing mermaid. I didn't actually get a chance to dress until years later, but that's the first moment when I saw how much fun it might be.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I think it really started for me around 4 or 5. I used to play with two girls in the neighborhood. Often we would play in the basement of one of the girls. Her mother had given her some old dresses and heels to play with. The three of us would dress in the dresses and heels. I had long hair at the time so I fit in. One time the girl's mother came down and watched up play. I remember her telling me I could be a pretty little girl. She proceeded to put lipstick on all three of us. We had many many days in the basement. I remember loving the idea of dressing as a girl.

Later around 7 a friend and I found his father's stash of picture books. It was the first time I had seen a naked woman. I was amazed at the beauty of the female body. I especially liked the simplicity of the female sex organ. I used to take a bath and then stand in front of the mirror and tuck my penis between my legs to replicate what I saw in the pictures.

At about 8 I started to try on my mothers underwear and the rest is like everyone else. I have had starts and stops along the way, but I always seem to come back to it. I now wear panties 7/24 and bras and slips when I can. I seem to only be interested in underwear. As I write I am wearing Bali panties, a Glamorise bra and a Vanity Fair slip.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi FT. , It was around age 5 about 65yrs. ago and still going strong.
    Ditto here, was probably earlier for moi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

My earliest memories are of me stealing my sisters clothes and feeling good wearing them. its strange how i never put two and two together until now haha. I just never thought twice about it.

Some of my eaarlyest memories are of beeing caught playing with pantyhose, and begging Mom to let me have long hair.

Age eight for moi and still loving it more than fifty years later.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I was 12 and discovered my mother's panties in the bathroom hamper. The rush I got putting them on has stayed with me ever since. Before I was done I had on her bra, shorts set, and lipstick from the medicine cabinet. Amazingly, I wasn't home alone at the time so it was a fast and furious experience. After that I would dress every time the rest of the family was out.

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by femaletrouble View Post
    what age were you when you began crossdressing?
    Before kindergarten; four years old.

Quote Originally Posted by femaletrouble
    it seem that the average age is around between 7 to 12 years.
    The law of averages has to take into account those who started much later... being here over seven years, seems I've read a tremendous number of posts in which the writer recounts their first experience being at a really early age.

TBS, appears a lot of us here had pre-teen experimention. Mine was certainly non-sexual; heck, I didn't know anything about sexuality. All I wanted to do was play with dolls and be pretty like the other little girls.

Quote Originally Posted by femaletrouble
    ...an i dont even know to this day what tempted me at such a tender age but i do remember the thrill an then after revolt of what id done, so can you remember what age you were an what motivated you to try on your mums..sisters underwear.
    Actually, the first panties and dress I wore were those of my male best friend's older sister (they lived across the street). My friend and I played "dress up" every chance we got.

His older sister came home one day to find us wearing her clothes, and, rather than being upset, participated in our playing with her dolls and being girls. I think she would've preferred a little sister over a little brother... so we all had a wonderful afternoon. And many thereafter, until my friend's Mom discovered our innocent play time.

She didn't approve, told my Mom, who told my Dad... who didn't approve, called me a sissy, and threatened to punish me if I did it again. Guess that's when I learned to keep it secret.

I've been guarded ever since. Throughout my life I've disclosed my CD'ing only to my former wife and my current GF; I'm always delighted to express my femme side, and never revolted by my insatiable desire to do so.

'Cause I really enjoy feeling feminine, dressing the part, and making the most out of life. I relish every single minute, hour, and day I crossdress; I wouldn't change a thing.

Except to have been born a girl.

I was 11 when tried on my sisters blue satin dress I've been hooked for good

When I was 6, I spent the summer at my cousins' house. One of the older girls was about 17 at the time. She was so beautiful and she wore the prettiest clothes. I loved cuddling with her. She smelled like flowers and her skin was so soft. One day we were swimming in their pool and it was time to eat. All my clothes were in the washer and it was a little chilly. She threw a soft cotton sundress on me. Everyone giggled but it felt so good and natural. Ahhhhh. Summer, family, swimming all day, great food, and a pretty dress!

I was probably around three or four. I know it was well before I started school.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I can remember wearing some of my mother's childhood clothing at my grandparent's home because I was bored out of my mind . . .
    I can remember raiding closets for shoes back when I was four or five years old. But I really did not start dressing until I was around ten to twelve, and similar to you, I was at my Aunt's and Uncle's and bored. They had all girls and a very messy front porch used for storage of . . . well, just about everything! As entertainment I would go out and 'clean-up', but only trading my shorts and sneakers for one of my cousin's old dresses and pumps. No one usually bothered me and the few times that my Aunt would stick her head out to check on me she did not say a word. From there I advanced to raiding my Mother's closet and hamper until none of her stuff would fit any longer. I have considered it much of a fetish back then, but I do remember the 'thrill' of wearing cute dresses and having them fit me well.
    Last edited by Michaela42; 07-31-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Fixing spelling