Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age appropriate and getting older

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Interesting thread. In my case, I have 3 wigs - shorter, medium and longer. Now in my 60s I know that the longer wig is not age appropriate if trying to blend but the longer hair feels so much better with a gentle breeze. Quite a dilemma but blending would be important to me.

Don't feel too bad about getting too old for a particular fashion. I'm twice your age plus a few more, so wearing mini skirts and clingy dresses just doesn't work for me. I blend in better with the retirement community than the twenty-something generation.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Ok, so i went out this evening and i have bought myself some very short shorts (bright pink), not quite hotpants though, and also some canvas lace up shoes. I've tried them on and they seem they may be ok. I will get some photos when i get the opportunity to dress fully again, in the very near future i hope.
    Katie

Banned Spammer
    I would think at 30 pretty much would go although I would probably save the hot pants for clubbing. I am looking at 39 in a couple of weeks and I find myself a lot less likely to pull a mini skirt from the closet now. I still wear skirts that are above my knees but I think my days of mid-thigh skirts in public is gone.

Many years ago I decided that I would grow old disgracefully... it seemed an appropriate comment at the time!

It still is... I hit 30 and the world didn't change... well... maybe it did not dramatically in that year, it just changed over time, and as many wonderful looking women have aged into looks that no-one would have dreamed of even 20 years ago... if you have the body... flaunt it!

I am with Lori as usual and go for those ideas of 'if you can pull it off, just enjoy the moment!'

I live in the North of the UK too, and some women in their 40s... (hazarding a guess here!) pull it off great! If you have the legs... it will work!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings