Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really a joke?

Another thing that I thought of while I was reading earlier posts and thinking about my own earlier post is that how we perceive our cd-ing or what cd-ing does for us mentally, emotionally, psychologically, and physically is a good way of determining where we are on the "TG scale." I know that a part of what makes cd-ing exciting, at least for me, is the thrill of being able to create the illusion of and possibly pass myself off as something that I'm not and KNOW that I am not, as well as being able to enjoy wearing womens clothing and doing other "feminine" things that I KNOW that I'm not "supposed" to enjoy as a guy. For me, transitioning and becoming a woman, albeit not a fully "genetic" woman, would remove that "thrill" and fun that retaining my current physical sex currently offers me because there would no longer be that "disconnect" between my appearance in terms of clothing, hair, etc. and my physical sex. and I'm not simply not sure that, at least for me, continued or even increased cd-ing would ever change that.

This debate all comes down to whether you believe CD/TGs and TS are two separate, mutually exclusive groups or if you believe we are all part of one continuous spectrum. I believe the latter and so would suggest that some CD/TGs do progress into TS. There are many more secondary TS (those who transition later in life) than primary TS (those who always knew they were TS and transition early). Having read many accounts of CDs who became TS I did not obseve any difference in their life stories from any other CD/TG so I see no evidence that these people were always TS and were in denial by thinking they were only CD. I believe secondary TS are every bit a true TS as primary ones. However I also would agree that a few CDs who get GRS are indulging their fantasy and subsequently live to regret it.

I think it is clear that most of us do progress along the TG spectrum to some degree as we age, just as we do in other areas of interest and thought. Overwhelmingly most CD will not become TS but it can and does happen, particularly if the person has the time, money and opportunity to fully delve into their TG nature. That some CDs do progress into the realm of TS is unquestionable. And remember you do not need to get GRS to be TS, simply a wish to go full time is already a strong indicator of TS and some are satisfied with that.

So yes there is some truth to the joke and we should not be afraid to say so. Neither should we be afraid to discuss this because it could frighten our SOs as they have every right to be informed as we all are. The value of this forum is in its open and frank discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by mand
    Hello Dixie That is so right. I can only speak for myself but from the earliest memories I knew my physical gender was wrong. I didn't want it to be, I fought the feelings, I denied the feelings, I hid from them in so many ways by developing a facarde of what I believed to be how a man should be.
    In my opinion, I believe that TS , in various degrees according to each individual, is a lifestyle. TS is a lifelong, usually from a very early age, awareness of being born wrong gender. Time is just one aspect that also varies from one to another and I don't feel is very relevant.

Mand ~ You know what I'm thinking. See you soon.

Sharon ~ I agree completely with your post. Very well said.

Kim

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim E

Mand ~ You know what I'm thinking. See you soon.

Kim

Hello Kim when I written the quote you refered too, I also had in mind of an earlier post of your's (sorry can't remember the thread ) in which you refered too when you were in the police and basiclly being as "macho/manly" as possible really.
    I was also thinking of the extents I went too, to deny my feelings and also to be what family, friends and society expected me to be. Such jobs as the army, coal miner, builder ................all very male orintated jobs.

I did I suppose actually over compensate as a guy to hide/deny the feelings inside.

Bye for now, love mand xxx