Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When did it start?

When did it start?

what age were you when you began crossdressing? it seem that the average age is around between 7 to 12 years. i remember i was around 6 to 8 years old when i started wearing my mums knickers straight out of the laundry basket, an i dont even know to this day what tempted me at such a tender age but i do remember the thrill an then after revolt of what id done, so can you remember what age you were an what motivated you to try on your mums..sisters underwear.

Around age 13 for me

Platinum Member
    I can remember wearing some of my mother's childhood clothing at my grandparent's home because I was bored out of my mind. Grandpa had a neat basement workshop. There was a backyard to try to catch cats and play in the dirt. But, my brother and I had to just sit around bored. I found the clothing and played dress up out of boredom. I do not think that turned me onto being a cross dresser. I had no desire to act like a girl. Just plain bored. Later I discovered the nice feeling of nylon slip hanging in the bathroom. That probably turned me onto the feel of the fabric. I still had no desire to be a girl. Maybe, when I was entering puberty I developed a sexual motivation to cross dressing, i.e., sexual release. I still did not want to become a woman. I still do not want to be a woman. That has caused me to develop my belief that each of us has a certain percentage of male and female genetic traits. Some totally repress the feminine traits. Some allow themselves to express the societal forbidden traits of the opposite gender. Even though I may have worn feminine clothing on occasion in the past, I think I truly became a cross dresser in the last twenty years. Before that I was still in the fetish stage.

Banned Read only
    Age 4 when my little girlfriend and I switched shoes.

Aspiring Member
    First time when I was around 12 or so. Don't know why, just had to try on my sister's pantyhose and skirt.

I was caught jumping on my mothers bed in her boots at 8... Don't think that is when it started, it started by me having a crush on a friends sister at 12, she dressed very sexy at 16, and I started stealing her clothes, I had a crush on her, but wished to look like her also if that makes sense...

At the tender age of five i can still remember trying on my auntys nylons while in bed with chicken pox 6 great weeks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Makeup addict!
    When I was very little I tried on a nurse costume. When I was twelve, I started to put on dresses. At age eighteen I started dressing as an actual girl

I would say around nine years old. I remember wanting to wear a bikini when I went swimming. Ran across one of my cousins at a yard sale we were having, snuck it up stairs in my aunts house and tried it on. I'll never forget the sight of me in the mirror. I wore it th rest of the day under my t-shirt and shorts. The bad part is till this day my cousin teases me about it cause little did I know the tie around my neck showed all day. My mom or aunt never mentioned it to me ever. I have never told my cousin where I am at in my life as far as dressing goes. Probably should she would probably be very supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I can remember wearing some of my mother's childhood clothing at my grandparent's home because I was bored out of my mind. Grandpa had a neat basement workshop. There was a backyard to try to catch cats and play in the dirt. But, my brother and I had to just sit around bored. I found the clothing and played dress up out of boredom. I do not think that turned me onto being a cross dresser. I had no desire to act like a girl. Just plain bored. Later I discovered the nice feeling of nylon slip hanging in the bathroom. That probably turned me onto the feel of the fabric. I still had no desire to be a girl. Maybe, when I was entering puberty I developed a sexual motivation to cross dressing, i.e., sexual release. I still did not want to become a woman. I still do not want to be a woman. That has caused me to develop my belief that each of us has a certain percentage of male and female genetic traits. Some totally repress the feminine traits. Some allow themselves to express the societal forbidden traits of the opposite gender. Even though I may have worn feminine clothing on occasion in the past, I think I truly became a cross dresser in the last twenty years. Before that I was still in the fetish stage.
    Girl Thank you very much,,,You saved me alot of typing ,,,LOL,,,, ,, You took the words rite outta my mouth !
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

16 years old. My first item was a black mesh lace teddy bought in Woolworths in the UK. Very nervous when I got it as I knew nothing about women/girls clothing or sizing so it was a pure stab in the dark.

If you want to read the full ins and outs of when I started, why and what was in my mind read this post on my blog. It is a tad too long for reposting here but feel free to have a read and comment if you want.

http://diaryofacrossdresser.wordpres...the-beginning/

Around 10 to12 for me started wearing my mothers clothes ,for some reason I was always drawn to female clothing ,although I did exchange clothes with the girl next door when we were about 8 and the feeling was sooo liberating

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    It was about age 11/12 for me.

I remember my mum's short, silky slips and matching knickers. It was a tactile experience initially that started and grew with my entering puberty. Had hairy legs at 11 and remember a girl saying I was as hairy as a gorilla. Little did she know there was a female edge to this gorilla.

Felt like a naughty, grubby secret for years, but as I write this, I'm sat here in my own femme attire, forms and hair but no make-up and I'm loving it. So I think I found a gift back then and I don't want it to change, ever.

I have just seen Stephanie47 has written much the same as me in regard to my awakening. Oi!......stop stealing my memories!

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Platinum Member
    Hi FT. , It was around age 5 about 65yrs. ago and still going strong.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

For me it was about age 40. I walked by and hapend to notest the mini skirt rack at the thift store, it was very long about 15 feet or so. looking at all the frils, pufs, pleats, dingle balls, buttons and all the prety colors. I said to my self those look like fun.

I was in first grade, living in Clovis, NM. I usually chased horned toads and lizards, built forts, and had dirt clod wars. I also loved to play with the girls, dolls and such.
    I found my Mom's stash of lipstick. I do not know what lead me to put it on, but I felt great once I did. I was soon into clothes also. Oh, to relive those firsts.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

The earliest memory of dressing and/or wanting/needing to be a female was about the age of five for me. that was the year (1979) that my sister was born and I first realized that I wanted much more to be in the pretty dresses and things that were bought for her than what I had to wear, and from then on I was, at least as often as circumstances would allow.

- April
    "It's not what you look at that matters, its what you see" - Thoreau

5 years old,it was a pair of my mother's heels including pantyhose and she always left her closet open.Luckily my mother had no problem with it.

The first memory I have of consciously dressing was at age 8. I remember being in the bathroom, seeing my mom's nylon briefs on the floor and trying them on. It felt so right and I was soon wearing mom's panties and bras every day.

The thing that really got me going initially happened at age 5. I soiled my pants at my grandparents' house and I had to wear my aunt's (probably 14 at the time) little pink nylon panties. Mmmmmm...

Not sure, early teens I think--sneaking Mom's lingerie. Mom left her shoes by the back door, & for a while in mid-teens I wore them openly to take out the trash--she was amused. Then I got too big.
    Didn't think about it at all again until graduate school, pantyhose a couple of times in my early 20's.
    Didn't really get serious until mid-50s.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

I have distinct memories around 5-6 of being fascinated by articles of clothing of my mom: nylons & garters, a pair of purple satin pumps she had, a blue, nylon nightgown, and other things like makeup.

I remember being 6-7 and playing with my two younger sisters, pretending we were characters from TV shows, with me wanting to be the female characters. But my mom discouraged that--gently--so I'd reluctantly be the boys instead.

I think it all started back then. But for me, cross-dressing *officially* began when I was around 12. I had strong dream--not necessarily primarily erotic, but powerful--in which I was wearing one of my sisters' swimsuits. I couldn't shake the image; within a few days, at my first chance, I snuck into her room, took the swimsuit into the bathroom, and put it on.

The genie was out of the bottle.

I was 12 and it was my mom's frilly panties and matching baby-doll. I also remember wanting to trade places with the girls I had my first crushes on. Life seemed a lot more interesting for my sisters and their friends.

At the age of four my older sister dressed me to play with her! Sure got into a lot of trouble after that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I believe mine was age 5 or 6, my memories were that of putting on my Moms high heels and walking around the house like that she also had a pair of boots that I could lace up tight on my feet so I could get around a lot better. That went on for a few months and my dad caught me and said no more. When I really knew I wanted to be a girl was about 17 years of age, that is when I moved out of my parents house and got my on place. Since that time I amassed a large collection of skirts dresses bras panties high heels and all the rest that makes up being a woman. I purged one time for about a year or so an ad in the paper or on tv got me started again and have never looked back. I wear womens clothing and shoes when I can and as much as I can. I would not change anything about my life except having SRS when I was in my teens. Oh well!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...

It started for me when I found a pair of white satin panties with red roses in a drawer in the bathroom (they belonged to my mom) and they felt so soft and smooth and tried them on just to feel the material on my skin and as soon as I slipped them on I knew panties and womens clothes in general were for me😊