Thread: Girly Perceptions

Girly Perceptions

It seems that recently I am being mistaken for a girl more often than in the past and therefore I tend to push the girly envelope even more. Does that make sense? I have started to add little girly touches when I go out of town. I almost always wear girls shorts a shorter than most men's short are these days (I hate the baggy shorts that go to your knees) and a tank top. I really like the T back tanks. My legs have been shaved for years and i recently started epilating my arms and I really think even though I have had no negative comments that it helps people perceive you as more feminine. I also always wear foundation when out on my own with a little lipstick. Since I am balding on top I also wear a cap or a wide brimmed hat for outdoor activities and have found that not wearing a wig when wearing the hats does not lessen the chances that I will be maamed (just have to remember to keep the hat on LOL). I am really into outdoor activites and have become more adept at shaving in the car and applying makeup after I have finished a bike ride etc. so I continue the femme look. This past weekend I went to a park to do some bike riding. I went into the park office to look around wearing my normal outfit, girl shorts, tank top with a long sleeve shirt over it tied in a knot at the waist, flip flops, a little makeup and my hat. I asked the girl (cute to I may add) about a trail map. She said "yes maam here is a map" and went on to have a conversation about riding the trails, what type bike I had etc. So I went off to ride the trails and had a good ride. After I finished I cleaned up shaved, put on my make up, my small breast forms a strapless bra, a T shirt, and a cute pair of denim short shorts. She had already called me maam so I thought I would stop in the office again. I walked in and asked for another map since mine got wet. She came to me ready to talk again, how was the ride, how were the trails, were the bugs bad etc. We had a very nice conversation and never a hint that she thought I was anything but a girl. I tried to smile a lot, use my hands as I talked and keep my voice light and melodic more like a girl would talk. It is so nice to be accepted. I also have a killer T back tan from being in the sun all day. I really feel that I am getting into my femme self, gaining confidence and able to be at ease with myself. Not too long ago I would not have even attempted to have a conversation under these circumstances. Anyway thanks for reading, I know this is a little long but I wanted to share. All you girls are a real inspiration to me and I love you all. Hugs Riki

Go girl! Sounds like you are on the right trail and having fun! Enjoy!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

That's a cool story! Have fun Riki! 'Cause you are worth it! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

And wonderful story of a nice experience

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Riki, Sounds like a perfect day, glad you had fun and felt accepted.

Hugs
    Jolene

Yes keep practicing like this and you may forget you were ever a male.
    It helps alter the mindset.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Hi Riki, That was a wounderful day out having so much fun.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sounds like a great day out and a wonderful interaction with a GG.

As you become more confident and comfortable with yourself in various social situations you will actually become the feminine person that you want to be. I know that whenever I am dressed which is most of the time I REALLY am the girl that lives inside me. When that girl "comes out" the feeling(s) that I get are indescribable and soooo satisfying. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

In most cases, it is personality and confidence that makes us passable. It sounds liek you are definatly there Riki.

Silver Member
    Great story! Continue to be confident and comfortable with yourself in EVERYTHING you do - whether as gal or guy! Each day brings new adventures and challenges that test us, and teach us. Thanx for sharing.

Great ideas and way to go. I'm especially impressed with the ball cap routine. Ya know, that may be a working solution for the next time one of our girls inquire about how to dress for the first therapist encounter. I may try that for my first visit later on this month. Shorts, a nice androgeoness blouse, light makeup, and a ball cap. Woman meets man and back with a minimum of fuss. I may carry the wig in a laptop messenger bag just in case.

Then I can dress down before I arrive home.

You are a champ, thanks.