Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does your family or close friends know about you crossdressing?

My wife has always known. Both my grown kids know. Every one of us has told their best friend.All of my wifes siblings also know. If anyone else finds out accidently I really don't care. I'm comfortable with who I am.
    Sally

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    I'm older, so it is easier to not worrw about what they will say. But, I 've found that it is no big deal to everyone that has been told. It is all about yoiur own comfort zone and not someone elses.
    I agree with this, and I think maybe as I get older I will care less about what others has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie83 View Post
    I have no intention of ever telling my parents though. I don't think either of them would take it well, but my mother would possibly be more accepting.
    Katie
    I have the same feeling that my parents will probably have a very hard time accepting it, as a lots of crossdressers develope the habbit of CDing when they were young, maybe my parents will wondered what did they do to me. Although family support is always nice tho.

Quote Originally Posted by KristyN View Post
    I have the same feeling that my parents will probably have a very hard time accepting it, as a lots of crossdressers develope the habbit of CDing when they were young, maybe my parents will wondered what did they do to me. Although family support is always nice tho.
    My dad is 92, and the only one left out of my wife's and my parents. At this point, I don't feel the need for him to know. Also, a group of guy's I go skiing with every year for the last 21 years, and play golf don't know either.

Banned Read only
    There are people at this Forum who insist that SOs should know.

They are WRONG.

UNLESS maybe they have some magical power that enables them to predict precisely how every single Human on the planet will "respond"???

Telling ANYone involves risk in losing/ruining your Relationship with them forever. Yes, they MIGHT be perfectly accepting but is it worth the risk IF THEY DO NOT NEED TO KNOW?

My SO knows but she can only bark and wag her tail so I am entirely comfortable with her knowing. And she has never complained either.

Noone knows. Not even myself.

But I have posted pictures on the internet and I dont know how much recognizable I am. But I dont care because I know it is not a crime to be a crossdresser.

I have one close friend who knows, but if anyone else knows or thinks they know, I haven't acknowledged it to them and don't plan on doing so. It's none of their business, and I don't have the time to get worried about being judged by those who I probably see too often for me to throw this into the mix. I can get all of that I need if I want to just by pushing the envelope too far when I go out in public.

I have only told one close friend about it. I knew that she would be very accepting. I didn't anticipate how excited she was about it. We have plans to go out and have a girls day together. We are both looking forward to it.

For me this is something that I keep a secret. I have no plans on telling my family. However, I suspect that my Mom may know. I honestly just don't think there is any reason to tell anyone else, save one person.

I am planning on telling the girl that I have been seeing about Amy. I don't want to continue on in my relationhip with her unless she knows. I don't like keeping secrets from a potential SO. So..... wish me luck! You know I'll be posting the results on here when it happens.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Junior Member valeriemonroe2002's Avatar
    I told my wife while we were dating. I felt that it wouldn't be fair to her if I didn't tell her before we married. She is pretty accepting. The only other person I have told is a female friend, the wife of my closest male friend. Truth be told, I am sure she had her suspicions prior to my telling her. She is also very accepting.

Well, it is a private issue since it is still considered by most "taboo". The only ones are one of my friends, sister and my ex. The friend is very supportive and wants to go shopping with me. My sister hates it and calls me names accuses me of all sorts of stranger things. My Ex, she is finally comfortable with it and this is after our break up. CDing was part of the reason why we broke up. >.<

As of now, I believe my Mom suspects but oh well. She hasn't mentioned anything on it. The rest of my family doesn't know and its pretty much only a few insiders that know about it. If it wasn't so taboo I would let my friends and family know.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy R Lynn View Post
    I have only told one close friend about it. I knew that she would be very accepting. I didn't anticipate how excited she was about it. We have plans to go out and have a girls day together. We are both looking forward to it.

For me this is something that I keep a secret. I have no plans on telling my family. However, I suspect that my Mom may know. I honestly just don't think there is any reason to tell anyone else, save one person.

I am planning on telling the girl that I have been seeing about Amy. I don't want to continue on in my relationhip with her unless she knows. I don't like keeping secrets from a potential SO. So..... wish me luck! You know I'll be posting the results on here when it happens.
    Good luck Amy with your potential SO

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My wife knows (and participates), my step-son knows and tolerates, my sister-in-law knows and participated before she moved to Florida, some of my wife's GG friends know and are tolerant, I think some of my step-sons friends know but I don't what they think. .... BUT ..... none of my family (Mom, Dad, Bother etc) know. It's this way because they live 5,000 miles away and so are not really in my life like my wife's side is so I don't think it's important to tell them. I don't have any non-TG guy friends so there's no one to tell there either. I tell a fairly close GG friend one time before I was married, it don't go down too well. I would describe her attitude as "reluctantly ok" about it. Be very careful who and how you tell people. It can make a difference to how they see you from that point on.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Aspiring Member
    I can't imagine telling my friends or family, I think I'd be disowned & if my workmates found out I'm sure they'd make my life hell.

My SO knows and I am one of the very lucky ones as she is very supportive, there are boundaries but that’s fine. Both my parents are deceased but my farther knew. When I was very young around 13 I used to keep a stash of undies, panty hose and a leotard in a cloth draw string bag hidden under my bed at my Dad’s house (my parents were divorced then) I returned from boarding school for the holidays once and to my horror the bag was right in the middle of my bed! My Dad said “Nanny found your toys” he never mentioned it again but my G.d was I embarrassed. I have an older sister who knows but has never seen me dressed, although she did used to let me do my laundry at her place when I was living in a commune. If it weren’t for the negative repercussions on my SO I’ve got to the point when it no longer matters who knows but if it were to become common knowledge it would hurt her as the staff would loose respect for her so half in half out I remain

Jane
    (Sheer-Bliss)

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    My wife of 15 years found out a year ago. She never knew and I always found reasons not to tell her. It has changed our relationship. She doesn't trust me anymore and although she's learned as much as she can about cross dressing and knows I'm not gay, she's not Ok with it. She specifiaclly doesn't ask about it but she knows I still cross dress. Anything she has asked I am truthful about and have told her I am and always will be a cross dresser. I don't think she'll ever be supportive of it. I can only hope time will help. I'll always feel guilty about not giving her the choice to accept it or not before we made a committment to each other.

My wife has known almost since the day we met and is very accepting of Kassandra. After considering how each would react individually I've discussed my cross-dressing with a few female friends over the years and so far have a 100% success rate with guessing who would be fine with it, a couple of them communicate via email as a girlfriends to Kassandra's account which can be interesting. My son does no know and unless if ever finds out I currently have no plans of opening up the topic, he sees me as his father and I see no reason to complicate that situation. Parents, only one living now have no idea and my father would probably take it very badly because it's not something he would understand. I think it's different for everyone and you have to make your own decision on who to tell and why.

My mom and wife knows, and I told one of my coworkers who I extremely trusted. I'm in the military and close to retirement, so I don't want to screw that up. Wife says as long as she and the kids don't see it, whatever. Who knows, maybe after retirement and the kids have moved away, then maybe. (A gurl can dream, right?)

Gold Member
    There are three limiting factors to me. One is that I won't tell anyone unless I can do it face to face. That may change in the long run, but I live by it now. Second is that I don't bring it out at work. It might come on its own, but I won't force it. The last was just broken and that is a desire by one family member that in-laws don't get told. Two weeks ago, that family member asked if she could go ahead and tell one of my nieces and I let her go ahead. I suspect more in-laws will know in due time.

So my wife has always known and supported me greatly (she has a transgender tattoo). My two daughters, son-in-law, and future son-in-law know and are very supportive. My son doesn't because he lives on the other coast. Rule #1 applies to him even more so because he is my son. I have many friends that know but my friends from years past don't because they aren't in Utah (see rule #1 again).

To this point, everyone has been completely accepting. I haven't even received anything that amounts to a shrug. I can't exactly pin point why. Is it because I try and treat everyone well (at least I think I do)? Is it self acceptance? Is it the friends I pick to tell (you don't pick a lot of your relatives though)? Because when I tell I present it positively? That last one is why I don't like answering are you gay and are you transitioning questions before they are asked as it tends to tilt towards negative thoughts when coming out. Not because either is negative, but when coming out, if you answer those questions before they are asked, then you make it seem negative like you are getting defensive.

Oh my day is coming. I have one very bigoted in-law and he will either internalize it because we get along or he will isolate or who knows, maybe he will surprise me. We shall see. I think it will be the first.

Yep, some. It doesnt matter, no big deal. What is any more today? Everything's out. Theres nothing new under the sun (ho hum..).

My Psychiatrist was first at 22, older brother was next took it great and was relieved cause I had been very depressed for many years. Mom was next took it horribly, didn't want to talk about it for years. Then random acquaintances and friends through the years always took it well. I told 4 girlfriends, all were fine with it, lived with one after telling her for a year before breaking up with her. Then told my younger brother, he said "I accept it but don't understand it". Then my dad... he was the one to always make fun of people and say they were all gay, it took me years of unbrainwashing him, faking that I was talking about someone else to make him realize the truth that cds and tgs are mostly hetero, then I told him and he's fine with it, actually more so than when I told him that I don't believe in God years before. Sorry for the long post.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kristi, Only my wife and a few thousand friends on this forun know about Orchid.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

only a few close friends know about jaqueline mostly girls i was friends with. my parents on the other hand and family members are strictly anti transexual, crossdresser etc. i wish they were more like my friends. i'll only tell them when i move out before my 21st birthday........

I guess I am one of the lucky ones, my family and mosy of my friends know how I dress and all are accepting. My wife was slow to understand but over the last 25 years has come to understand that just because I wear panties and skirts does not mean that I am gay. Once ahe understood that, she accepted it.

I am out to my brother but have yet to tell my sister (For reasons that I still haven't figured out.) I am out to several friends - mostly women. I am also out to a support group for those with ostomies and went to a meeting dressed last year.

I've never told anyone: if I told my wife now it I feel it would be such a big thing as I've kept it hidden for so long. I now wish I'd told her years ago.............